Statement
Gmod ain't dying, actual roleplay is. Fearless would have been considered semi/not serious roleplay 5 years ago and is now considered serious roleplay as a lot of servers have abandoned proper rp
Perhaps Gmod is not dying, but I feel the RP situation on Gmod is dying.

Let's face it. FiveM is a lot better quality (I have not actually played it myself but I have seen YouTube series of it.)
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
The following 1 user Likes Random's post:
  • Zona
I'm dying too, on the inside.
[Image: WWhqdJO.gif]
                                      +Rep me!
How did minecraft work out ? Twice... ?
[Image: giphy.gif]
(12-17-2018, 09:49 PM)Weezy_ Wrote: Its one big minge fest, today ive seen more bullets flying around than actual RP. Pasive or aggressive.

The correct statement is:

It's one big minge fest, today I've seen more bullets flying around than administrators.
 [Image: ZOfygkU.png]
The following 1 user Likes Zulu's post:
  • Wolven
Please expand onto other games as Jack has stated. Better for FL in all honesty. Coming on to get prop killed or rdmed isn't fun.
Wolven

cant agree with you more tbh

FL isnt dying as seen the past few days with very high numbers such as 50 player peaks etc (ik thats not full) GMOD as a whole is dying and the new generation of gmod players are mingey, squeaky kids and/or russians who cant speak english or very little.
The following 1 user Likes John Jong's post:
  • Wolven
(12-19-2018, 01:37 PM)Wolven Wrote: Please expand onto other games as Jack has stated. Better for FL in all honesty. Coming on to get prop killed or rdmed isn't fun.

Yes but the games Jack listed are paid, you're asking a community that is rapidly filling with Credit Card creepy crawlers, do you want parents credit cards being raided so these children can stick with FL?

The Community is changing at high  * s p e e d s * 

We are losing older players due to them moving on with their lives or being completely unsatisfied with the server's state at this point in time. Personally I think that Fearless should continue with it's current course.

Things are being done to help the Garry's Mod server right now. Modernisation of the HUD and Interface, Upgrades to the server's stability? The Staff and Development teams are also doing well with changes. With the addition of moderators it means that there can be more staff introduced into the server quickly. So that we have active members of the community with administrator powers.

There is no way that we can stop the older members of the Community from leaving, that is purely their choice whether they want to stay at home and play a Garry's Mod server or they can continue with their lives and get a job to settle down with a family. Nobody stays young and enjoys Garry's Mod for the rest of their lives (Unless you have made a server and it took off well which you can sustain and maybe even make profit from it).

Nostalgic properties of the server could be reintroduced like the Moderator rank which has already been done.

The Development is going somewhere thanks to the addition of CodedBrain coming back to the server and working on a custom map for FearlessRP. If Soulripper's post was to get enough attention for more Contributors and people who are passionate about the server would help out flushing out new updates as it goes then this would bring players in to see what the servers all about. Maybe even bring back some older players if they see that the server has somewhat improved.

Moving to or expanding to any other games wouldn't bring any assurance of growth AT ALL. This would be because of the previously mentioned points. People who are joining the server now are generally younger. Although I myself joined 2 years ago I am considerably younger than a lot of the community members as a whole. With the addition of Moderator it also helps the younger people in the server learn the rules because there are administrators on to guide them.

I'll admit my previous post on this thread was purely a shitpost to be fair. (sorry)

If the Community were to branch off onto other games we would not be able to treat the server's current problems.

Some of these include:
  • Lack of Administration (This however is being rapidly changing due to Moderators.)
  • Development i.e coding and modelling etc...
  • General Mingery on the server and high volume of rulebreakage (Which can't really be treated that well)
  • Low Player Amounts.
This would only stretch the problems we already have to bigger proportions.

No offence intended to SoulRipper but I do not believe that he would be able to handle these communities as a whole.
(Could get heads of each community sure)

But this would bring down one game servers population rapidly. This would lead to a problem I've been before in other communities.

They start up another server, the previous one dies. The deadly cycle of opening and closing continues badly.

Also there is no assurance that these other games could have the same addon qualities that GMOD has. Some games may not suffice and bring what we know from the GMOD community.
Zulu that literally makes no sense as GMOD is also paid.

As the community ages so does it’s members, I’m sure most people have the games Jack listed, if not I’m sure the vast majority of those that don’t would have the means to buy the very inexpensive games.
[Image: 8UtzdI4.png]
(12-19-2018, 03:49 PM)aDisabledDeer Wrote: Zulu that literally makes no sense as GMOD is also paid.

As the community ages so does it’s members, I’m sure most people have the games Jack listed, if not I’m sure the vast majority of those that don’t would have the means to buy the very inexpensive games.

Well I didn't notice GMOD was paid.

The point is those community members already have the game...

Since that point is at the very top I am guessing you didn't understand the rest or didn't read it.