rp_evocity_fl
Lets hope it passes the tests!
At last I increased the render distance massively, when this is helping to create a realistic look. It does have the drawback that it's eating fps like a monster.

I'll be testing with this increased render distance turned on. However, this can be changed without recompiling the whole map. I'm about to make a list for the models which require more intensive lightning calculation, and then I'll leave my machine compiling for the night. Wish him the best of luck. I'll follow up with screenshots or video tomorrow.
The following 4 users Like De CodeerHeer's post:
  • Luna, DVN, Wolven, Spartan_KCT
Not going to lie you’ve taken me by surprise and proved my original expectations wrong. Nice work Mavis, well played. This will, if it works, certainly be a new chapter for FL. Bravo...

The following 4 users Like General Rickets's post:
  • Ranger, Wolven, Spartan_KCT, mintblackbeard
After fiddling with lots of errors coming my way in terms of compiler errors and what not...

Well, here goes nothing...
[Image: F1kNqWJ.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes De CodeerHeer's post:
  • Spartan_KCT
After letting it run all night, the compiling process is still in the second stage, as shown in the picture above.

The fact that it did not even reached the third stage is worrying. But it does say that the map will be extremely optimized when this is done (hopefully).

I'm letting my pc compile the whole weekend as I am not home. And hopefully the map is compiled by Monday. If no powercuts occur.

Update:

Spoiler :
[Image: 7a6TYmS.jpg]

At this point I'm leaving for the weekend, and won't be able to track it's progress. (I could technically login into Remote Desktop, but I'm too scared that will break it)

Let's hope for the best.

Update

Spoiler :
[Image: vVUHjKh.png]

He is suffering but pushing forward. I think the second progress will finish today. Then he's got 2 days for the third process.
The following 5 users Like De CodeerHeer's post:
  • Spartan_KCT, Julern, mintblackbeard, Zona, Mr. Flaminator
The compile is done (to my surprise). When I'm home from work I'm going to check the quality of the map. The third (last) process only took 25 minutes, which is to my knowledge way to short.

Let's hope for good news.
The following 3 users Like De CodeerHeer's post:
  • Luna, don, Jessixa
(01-12-2019, 03:33 PM)CodedBrain Wrote: The compile is done (to my surprise). When I'm home from work I'm going to check the quality of the map. The third (last) process only took 25 minutes, which is to my knowledge way to short.

Let's hope for good news.

wish you the best of luck
perqe
Donator

[Image: PywvXUS.gif]
Sadly, as I thought, the lighting did not turn out as it should have. I'm going to find the problem and start the process again.
  • Spartan_KCT, General Rickets, Jessixa, DVN
Did you decompile the map or did you got hold of the proper .vmf file?
The map is decompiled. Most of the problems which occur with decompiling are fixed. Lightning most of the time isn't a problem. But I changed a lot of things to add optimization to the map.

What I found out is that I need to make some changed to some models in the map. I'm going to look a the most critical points and try to fix them. This does make me recompile the map again, from the first process on.

Update
I thought that this was gonna take weeks, but I might be able to raw edit the vmf file with a text editor and regex, enabling this for all the props, and then just carefully selecting the props that needs more focus. Or automate it with a script when I know all the models I use in the map that needs this focus. But thats something I have to look into later. I might be able to save a lot of time and recompile this map again, and release it soon. Give me some time to fix these errors I haven't encoutered before.
  • Jessixa, Spartan_KCT, DVN, mintblackbeard