rp_evocity_fl
I think no. Otherwise the city is going to be expanded too far and have too many empty buildings.
[Image: KL3qjvw.png]

The following 1 user Likes Huskii's post:
  • Mr. Flaminator
Has anyone actually tested gamemode on this map, everything possible being squeezed into map, I can't believe that it won't cause issues with lag
(11-29-2018, 09:27 AM)Prosto Wrote: Has anyone actually tested gamemode on this map, everything possible being squeezed into map, I can't believe that it won't cause issues with lag

So far as I know its being tested on the development server. As the map is running on it.

[Image: NkvEySV.png]

(11-29-2018, 09:27 AM)Prosto Wrote: Has anyone actually tested gamemode on this map, everything possible being squeezed into map, I can't believe that it won't cause issues with lag

The map is currently being implemented on the beta server. I am making the map as stable as possible. Right now there is no sign of crashes, and I aim to keep it that way.

I'm still busy with improving the FPS in the city by using areaportals and areaportal-windows to stop rendering what's not needed. This is working out, but I'm still optimizing.
The following 1 user Likes De CodeerHeer's post:
  • Spartan_KCT
Looking good! I look forward to playing on it once it's out.

Have you managed to optimize the crappy use of brushes and func_details in the Nexus? Last I saw in some decompiled versions is it created shitloads of visleaves that were definitely not helping performance.
(11-29-2018, 08:39 AM)CodedBrain Wrote: [Image: gYV9vp9.jpg]

Yes or No?

I felt the city was a bit empty here. Nothing was going on, the roads were quite useless.

The building is enterable and has a nice reception. The inside can be suggested.

I'm guessing this building is from the v2d sexy? Personally no, it's got a nice lobby but the rest of the building is ugly in my opinion. Not needed. Got enough buildings in the city as it is
[Image: f2kzlKW.png]
(11-29-2018, 12:16 PM)Divey Wrote:
(11-29-2018, 08:39 AM)CodedBrain Wrote: [Image: gYV9vp9.jpg]

Yes or No?

I felt the city was a bit empty here. Nothing was going on, the roads were quite useless.

The building is enterable and has a nice reception. The inside can be suggested.

I'm guessing this building is from the v2d sexy? Personally no, it's got a nice lobby but the rest of the building is ugly in my opinion. Not needed. Got enough buildings in the city as it is

Yeah it looks very out of place to be honest.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Awestruck's post:
  • Wolven
(11-29-2018, 11:58 AM)Avgar Wrote: Looking good! I look forward to playing on it once it's out.

Have you managed to optimize the crappy use of brushes and func_details in the Nexus? Last I saw in some decompiled versions is it created shitloads of visleaves that were definitely not helping performance.

Indeed, due to the BSPSource Decompiling mechanism, most of the entities (func_detail) are being grouped together, this generate a very bad visleaf structure. I ungrouped them and only grouped those which should be visible in that area. I'm making use of skip aswell, to decrese the visleaf amount.

(11-29-2018, 12:16 PM)Divey Wrote: I'm guessing this building is from the v2d sexy? Personally no, it's got a nice lobby but the rest of the building is ugly in my opinion. Not needed. Got enough buildings in the city as it is

Correct! I feel like every bit of the city is in use. Nearly every large wall has a place which can be entered and used, just this wall that is empty and disturbingly quiet. I felt this building (with some adjustments or new layout on the inside) could make up that space, nicely nested into the wall.

Would you rather leave it as an empty wall?
The following 1 user Likes De CodeerHeer's post:
  • Avgar
(11-29-2018, 01:00 PM)CodedBrain Wrote: Would you rather leave it as an empty wall?

yeah
[Image: KL3qjvw.png]

The following 1 user Likes Huskii's post:
  • De CodeerHeer
(11-29-2018, 01:00 PM)CodedBrain Wrote: Would you rather leave it as an empty wall?

Maybe move the Hospital to that location instead.
This will give medics a base inside the city and also stop randoms doing contra in it.

And then add that Midas building from V5P to where the hospital currently is located.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:68652272&b=16]
The following 4 users Like RIC0H's post:
  • Luna, De CodeerHeer, Lewwings, Santaliz