rp_evocity_fl
I think whenever you can you should just show some sort of screenshots or something even if its minor changes just to show some sort of progression, Good luck tho
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
(02-25-2019, 04:10 PM)Lewwings Wrote: Are you completely focused on this as of right now, or are you wandering off needlessly?

Dude he's doing this because he wants to and has no commitment to work on it regularly. He isn't obliged to give you anything at all and he isn't getting anything in return. Sorry if you didn't intend on it coming off this way, but you sound incredibly entitled with that statement. Stuff like this is why development can't be open and threads like this be strictly for suggestions with no regular updates as a few of you guys can't handle it at all.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(02-27-2019, 09:31 AM)Pollux Wrote:
(02-25-2019, 04:10 PM)Lewwings Wrote: Are you completely focused on this as of right now, or are you wandering off needlessly?

Dude he's doing this because he wants to and has no commitment to work on it regularly. He isn't obliged to give you anything at all and he isn't getting anything in return. Sorry if you didn't intend on it coming off this way, but you sound incredibly entitled with that statement. Stuff like this is why development can't be open and threads like this be strictly for suggestions with no regular updates as a few of you guys can't handle it at all.

Except that he is obliged to give the community this map, he got promoted based on that promise, how hard can that be to understand? 

Also Lewwings is only asking a question, stop being so blind by labelling everything as "negativity" even though it is on-topic and important.

And it would have been much better if he kept this project to himself and not accept a promotion, but he didn't. Therefore he has to keep the promise of releasing this map, otherwise face yet another resignation/demotion (3rd one? I lost count).
The following 2 users Like Jan's post:
  • Lewwings, SabreShibe
(02-27-2019, 09:38 AM)Jan Wrote:

Except that he is obliged to give the community this map, he got promoted based on that promise, how hard can that be to understand? 

Also Lewwings is only asking a question, stop being so blind by labelling everything as "negativity" even though it is on-topic and important.

And it would have been much better if he kept this project to himself and not accept a promotion, but he didn't. Therefore he has to keep the promise of releasing this map, otherwise face yet another resignation/demotion (3rd one? I lost count).

Lewwing's comment wasn't necessary as he's allowed to stray off, he doesn't have to commit all his time & energy towards this sole project.

Then again in all fairness I think he should be given a generous deadline for this project and has to show some form of progress in development towards either the team or the community as a whole.
Even when he's made us a promise, he's still not obliged to give us anything, as mentioned this is a project that has no form of compensation other than some meaningless Contributor rank. 
(Yes, he did get promoted to this rank based on this premise, but who cares its only a contrib. rank)

I agree it would've been wiser to keep this project hidden and to just have it released when it got finished instead of creating hard to follow trough type of promises to the community.
Again, I think the SA's should give him a somewhat generous deadline of say 3-4 months aslong as he shows progress, otherwise should just get it over with and abandon this.
The following 1 user Likes Agorith's post:
  • Pollux
(02-27-2019, 10:10 AM)Agorith Wrote:

Lewwing's comment wasn't necessary as he's allowed to stray off, he doesn't have to commit all his time & energy towards this sole project.

Then again in all fairness I think he should be given a generous deadline for this project and has to show some form of progress in development towards either the team or the community as a whole.
Even when he's made us a promise, he's still not obliged to give us anything, as mentioned this is a project that has no form of compensation other than some meaningless Contributor rank. 
(Yes, he did get promoted to this rank based on this premise, but who cares its only a contrib. rank)

I agree it would've been wiser to keep this project hidden and to just have it released when it got finished instead of creating hard to follow trough type of promises to the community.
Again, I think the SA's should give him a somewhat generous deadline of say 3-4 months aslong as he shows progress, otherwise should just get it over with and abandon this.

There has pretty much never been a deadline in terms of development from what i've seen. You can't enforce it on developers who are doing a ton of work for nothing, like the ranks are pretty much meaningless and are only there to give you access. If you start trying to enforce stuff you'd just end up with no team, which is I guess why devs have so much freedom here. A map that takes a while to make is still better than nothing too. I think the only real mistake is having the community so involved in this update, something which I doubt you guys will ever see again due to some people not being able to handle it. A ton of updates have taken much longer than this for much less actual content wise, you guys just haven't been able to see them as it's been kept behind closed doors for I guess for this exact reason.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(02-27-2019, 10:21 AM)Pollux Wrote:
(02-27-2019, 10:10 AM)Agorith Wrote:

There has pretty much never been a deadline in terms of development from what i've seen. You can't enforce it on developers who are doing a ton of work for nothing, like the ranks are pretty much meaningless and are only there to give you access. If you start trying to enforce stuff you'd just end up with no team, which is I guess why devs have so much freedom here. A map that takes a while to make is still better than nothing too. I think the only real mistake is having the community so involved in this update, something which I doubt you guys will ever see again due to some people not being able to handle it. A ton of updates have taken much longer than this for much less actual content wise, you guys just haven't been able to see them as it's been kept behind closed doors for I guess for this exact reason.

While the point you're making is true this entire situation is hurting FL more than it is aiding it, hence the deadline.
Either this gets finished within a more than reasonable timeline or just don't bother, FL might not even last long enough anymore if we don't put some form of pressure behind development projects.
Keep in mind you're specifically talking to veterans here aswell, we've lived trough tons of things behind the curtains, we don't need to be made aware.

Look, I'm only suggesting a deadline because of CodedBrain's history within FL and the fact FL won't live much longer without some more things for players to look forward to.
For the chaps who thought the farm was a bad idea and wanted another connection.

[Image: TJs6ke9.png]

Going in a full compile tonight. Might be done on Saturday.
The following 4 users Like De CodeerHeer's post:
  • Luna, Joe Joe, ImTheRealSparks, Julern
To be honest I would much prefer seeing you trying to re-create V2D in a much modern way than creating this huge map on a server with 20 people on.
The following 1 user Likes Dimitris's post:
  • Yellow
(03-07-2019, 01:50 PM)Dimitris Wrote: To be honest I would much prefer seeing you trying to re-create V2D in a much modern way than creating this huge map on a server with 20 people on.

Bit late for that sort of feedback now sadly, with any luck FL manages to get out of this slum and it'll be an appropriate map
Now that the farm area & tunnel were added, what's the current map layout like?
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
The following 1 user Likes TheSiphon's post:
  • ImTheRealSparks