The staff team
Fuck it, just mass produce moderators  Trial admins and see what happens.

edit: not even kidding say you promote 5 people they go on about and watch over the server and whatnot. five people that got mod or ta or whatever while they administrate the server they most likley would do it togheter and learn stuff from eachother

and like what happend to the moderator rank? i mean it worked, it was a different rank than admin but you were still able to keep the server clean. allthough ill be honest i dont really get how trial rank is different but it just seems like you tried to fix something that wasnt broke.

I dont know what youre planning to do but do something.
[Image: tumblr_oq4diiJxBR1uo87guo1_500.gif]
The following 4 users Like Decay's post:
  • BasicallyMental, Lewwings, Zona, Baskingner
Divey I will once again let you know that i will not disappoint, thank you.
(10-10-2018, 08:45 PM)Divey Wrote: Maybe we can make this easier for everyone... does anyone here NOT want staff?

Me lol and im pretty sure a lot of other people don't want it either
Aryen
Fearless Donator 
(10-10-2018, 10:48 PM)Aspire Wrote: 3 SA 11 Admins and 2 TA's
That sounds massive to me.

How is that massive? There's only 16 of them.. As DVN said, it'd be nice if new active people were introduced to the team, and the current team could work on their activity in the meantime, instead of only focusing on the current team and their activity.
Aryen
Fearless Donator 
(10-11-2018, 03:40 PM)Random Wrote: I love how certain people speak as if they know anything about being a staff member. The only ones who truly understand what it is like are Ex Staff members.. Even so, the staff team is constantly changing in ways I can not discuss.. so really, only the current staff team knows what it is like at this very moment.

As for when it comes to activity, yes, it can be poor at times, but keep in mind; they are not machines. There are duties to be done in ''the real world'' that sometimes (Often) overshadows FL. I can simply speak for myself, but sometimes FL would be a little bit much to focus on, in comparison to all the more important stuff that is going on in my life right now (hence why I resigned..) I can see why the staff is inactive, it is not easy. Does that mean they should resign? No.

I believe in the staff team. Constantly bringing up the activity issue is pointless, it has been said a million times already. Give it time.

Actually I've had staff experience before, so I know what it's like. Yes, we're all aware that the staff team are not machines, but people just like us, who have important stuff to do outside the server, which makes their activity on it go down. However if the community is not pleased with their work something should be done, so opening applications and adding new people to the team would be the best solution in my opinion, it would do no harm and it would improve the server. I think there should be more strict rules regarding activity and what the admins are doing related to the server, if they have no time or more important things to do, they can just take a break for some time or simply resign and why not apply when they're ready to come back. Warnings should be given out if they've been inactive for too long. How can one still be in the staff team if they haven't gone on the server for months? What's even the point of that? If you feel like you can't hop on for about 30 minutes a day you can just resign instead of keeping the rank and not actually deserving it. I know FL has been like this for a long time, a small staff team who were chosen by the SAs but it's really come to that point that the community desperately needs new staff and the best way to get them would be applications.
Aryen
Fearless Donator 
(10-11-2018, 05:48 PM)Jonas Wrote: Now, I've not read much on this thread, so I don't know if it's been said before, but please shut up if you don't know what you're talking about. I'm sorry for my attitude, but people don't appreciate the admins, even when they're working their arses off to do something for the players. Voluntarily. Been there, done that.
We do appreciate the admins and what they're doing, it's voluntary after all, but if you're not willing to come on for weeks or months simply resign. If they would be "working their arses off" to do something for us then complaining or suggesting new ideas which I'm pretty sure will just be ignored and mentioned again in a new thread months after wouldn't be necessary
Aryen
Fearless Donator 
“‘work’ on their activity in the mean time” - Ghandi, 1275 AD.
(10-13-2018, 10:57 PM)Aryen Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 03:40 PM)Random Wrote: I love how certain people speak as if they know anything about being a staff member. The only ones who truly understand what it is like are Ex Staff members.. Even so, the staff team is constantly changing in ways I can not discuss.. so really, only the current staff team knows what it is like at this very moment.

As for when it comes to activity, yes, it can be poor at times, but keep in mind; they are not machines. There are duties to be done in ''the real world'' that sometimes (Often) overshadows FL. I can simply speak for myself, but sometimes FL would be a little bit much to focus on, in comparison to all the more important stuff that is going on in my life right now (hence why I resigned..) I can see why the staff is inactive, it is not easy. Does that mean they should resign? No.

I believe in the staff team. Constantly bringing up the activity issue is pointless, it has been said a million times already. Give it time.

Actually I've had staff experience before,

Having staff experience, and having staff experience on FL are completley different. 

so I know what it's like. Yes, we're all aware that the staff team are not machines, but people just like us, who have important stuff to do outside the server, which makes their activity on it go down. However if the community is not pleased with their work something should be done, so opening applications and adding new people to the team would be the best solution in my opinion, it would do no harm and it would improve the server.

OR that could risk giving untrustworthy/uncapable people staff in such an easy way. On top of that they may go inactive aswell.. there are no guarantees.

I think there should be more strict rules regarding activity and what the admins are doing related to the server, if they have no time or more important things to do, they can just take a break for some time or simply resign and why not apply when they're ready to come back.

Applications for veterans could be do able, sure!

Warnings should be given out if they've been inactive for too long. How can one still be in the staff team if they haven't gone on the server for months?

Agreed.

What's even the point of that? If you feel like you can't hop on for about 30 minutes a day you can just resign instead of keeping the rank and not actually deserving it. I know FL has been like this for a long time, a small staff team who were chosen by the SAs but it's really come to that point that the community desperately needs new staff and the best way to get them would be applications.
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
I personally don't see how the "level" of the staff team will lower because of applications. Just because you have some applications doesnt mean that you have to accept all of them. We had the same system with teachers, loads of them got denied, however, only the best candidates got accepted into the team.

Staff applications will simply open up the staff team's eyes. I think stating that the level of quality of the staff team will decrease, is simply creating a problem of something which isnt really a problem and which won't be a problem.
[Image: clvck9d.png]
The following 2 users Like Zona's post:
  • Lewwings, Aryen
Applications suck, Anybody can make themselves look good on pen and paper, or in this instance, a Staff Application.
The following 1 user Likes JackZ's post:
  • Random