The staff team
Maybe we can make this easier for everyone... does anyone here NOT want staff?
[Image: f2kzlKW.png]
The following 1 user Likes Divey's post:
  • Jessixa
(10-10-2018, 08:45 PM)Divey Wrote: Maybe we can make this easier for everyone... does anyone here NOT want staff?

Me  Whistle
Also me

Although, how does this help, Divey? You'll find out when you open applications. Wink

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

Maybe …….??
[Image: 1619639714462.png]
Staff Applications are a good idea, however, will become stagnant similar to how the Player Reports are. How are we going to uphold a stable application system is we cannot uphold a player report system where you give someone a three hour blacklist through an online panel (don't even have to come onto the server) through seeing a video which shows clear rule breaks?

What harm is opening applications going to do? You don't get powers by applying, it actually limits the audience staff have to look out to when contenplating who to pick for staff as they know who is interested.

For the pathetic point of it allows ass lickers a chance to get staff, boi's let me just say an application would not mean you get staff. There is obviously a process, and for the ones who don't lick ass to the whole staff it might open a few eyes. The only people who are promoted lick ass constantly as they're the only ones that the staff looks at and likes. Staff wouldn't look at someone like myself and think i'm a great candidate because i don't communicate with them.

Another great thing about applications, staff aren't active enough these days to even start commenting on who they think is a great candidate as they have no idea how players act in-game; they're not on to see it! As for the inactive staff, I won't point fingers or post screenshots because my post will just be removed. Inactive staff come online to attempt to discreately break rules then leave for another 2 months.

Being active on the forums and Discord is in no way an active staff member. Not at all. How is being active on the forums doing the main job an admin is hired for? They are hired to monitor the server mainly to ensure the experience for the players is the best it can be. The staff standards currently are not good. They are meant to represent the community name, uphold a sufficient activity and reputation on the servers. They aren't setting an example to future staff, not to players or anyone. They come online to break a rule then fuck off for 2 months, why do you think there is no good candidates? We look up to the staff team as an example to how we could become one ourselves.

TL:DR
I'd love applications and would happily apply myself. It allows for a more direct audience and some potentially better candidates.
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
[Image: tnatDq3.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes BasicallyMental's post:
  • Aryen
(10-10-2018, 08:49 PM)Murdoch Murdoch Wrote: Also me

Although, how does this help, Divey? You'll find out when you open applications. Wink

Because we're always on the look out for new staff members and are quite eager to find some new ones right now. I haven't really read to deeply into this thread and all the comments that have resided within it but from what I can tell there is a demand for staff members to be sorted out (as there has always been) and for new members to be brought in. We've recently let in a lot of Veterans as they've shown interest and of course they know what we're doing - That's not to say we don't want to see fresh faces. We really do. People see what they want to see in terms of indoctrination to the team. People assume staff members suggest fellow staff members but really that isn't the case. We're fortunate enough now to have a team who genuinely all gets on and from someone who has been here for multiple years I can disclose that it hasn't always been the case - So no wonder it may appear quite cliquey from an outside perspective. We don't want it to be that way and perhaps we need to be more conscious of that fact. But to say we simply only let in our friends is something not entirely fair and something I particularly keep notice of. There has been so many examples of people who were wild cards who weren't entirely known. NJPerry for starters, TheSiphon, I could go on. And that's not to say that staff members friends is a particular good thing, if you're friends with a staff member then perhaps you will have more light to your potential - However you've got to prove yourself to the plethora of other staff members as well. The team isn't one brute force, we all have different tastes in people and so of course we're not all going to be yes men to each others beliefs.
In conclusion, the point I was trying to make by my post was that everyone is a candidate, everybody. To become an actual GOOD candidate is to be someone who is mature and has a good knowledge of the rules. It's really that simple. If you want some tips and tricks, feel free to have conflicting opinions with staff - staff have conflicting opinions with fellow staff behind the scenes sometimes, but just be civil in your discussions.
[Image: f2kzlKW.png]
The following 2 users Like Divey's post:
  • Jessixa, Aryen
I think the current staff getting on is more the issue than new staff atm.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

(10-10-2018, 09:27 PM)Murdoch Murdoch Wrote: I think the current staff getting on is more the issue than new staff atm.

If this were the case it would have been dealt with 3 months ago when the issue arose however they are still choosing not to deal with it.
They can say they are dealing with it, but no change 3 months later, no staff removals, no warnings, nothing. That's not dealing with it
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
[Image: tnatDq3.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes BasicallyMental's post:
  • Lewwings
(10-10-2018, 09:17 PM)Divey Wrote: SNIP

It's fantastic that the current staff team are all getting along, it really is. But the main issue that people have at the moment is the abysmal level of activity coming from a majority of administrators. People come onto this server to roleplay with their mates and have a fun time, but when there are times when the server descends into pure chaos, seemingly without a care in the world, it bothers people.

I'm not sure if I agree with staff applications, but I'm not sure if I disagree either if I'm honest. In this thread a much ignored comment is that applications don't have to be accepted; applications are exactly that, applications. This amounts to what is essentially nothing other than the fact that the person applying is interested in the role, this is when a review of the applying player would take place. If they're good enough and meet all required standards, great! get them onto the trial role. If not? decline the application. People don't automatically get job roles they applied for, people are weened out until the best one(s) are found for the role.

It's also been said previously that staff inactivity is being worked on; this was a few months ago as far as I'm aware and we haven't seen a lasting increase in activity. So where do you go from here? I mean it seriously, what do you actually suggest rather than staff applications to fix this ongoing issue? If other staff members would also like to add their piece it might actually become a productive thread and help the community, which I'm sure everyone wants.
[Image: KL3qjvw.png]

The following 5 users Like Huskii's post:
  • BasicallyMental, Lewwings, Grunt, Wolven, Aryen
(10-10-2018, 08:45 PM)Divey Wrote: JackZ, congratulations on being promoted to moderator!

Thank you, i will not disappoint.