The staff team
Am not really sure where this concept comes from that applied staff are any less competent than picked staff or that what OP was talking about was lowering standards?

Fearless is one of the very few communities that does not allow staff apps. and at the moment, (not saying I agree), community consensus seems to be that the current state of rule enforcement on the server is not good enough.

eh.
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor
I really believe we need the moderator rank back again as for today, you either get admin or not. I think it would be great to have the rank as maybe the staff team don't feel the player is ready to get the admin rank, however, the player is good within roleplay and moderation in general, but they simply don't think the player fits the new tasks as an administrator. Not everyone is made for the one the higher rank, but simply to have some moderators who are there for only handle In-game services which was the reason for its implementation in the first place.

I don't think moderators would be a bad idea as you might have figured out by reading this. You can have players within the rank for several months of that is needed as well. If you don't believe the player fits for the rank anymore, simply let the player go. I believe moderator was a rank which really gives the staff members a push as they never know if they get promoted or not. I have often seen after the Trial Admin rank came back that when they achieved the admin rank, their activity and visibility within the community lowered. I didn't see them responding to questions in the admin chat or approving dupes etc.
[Image: clvck9d.png]
The following 1 user Likes Zona's post:
  • Aryen
(10-05-2018, 06:39 PM)JackZ Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 09:47 PM)Aryen Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 05:33 PM)JackZ Wrote: It also doesn't help that there's not much great candidates for trial mod nowadays, except for me obviously.
Adding applications will make being staff on FL no longer a very special thing, although some people may already say that period of time has already come and gone.

Lower standards won't work because their administration will be terrible. Applications will just be full of people who lick ass as well.
What I don't understand is why the staff team has to be so "special" and "hard to get". It's literally just a server in which alot of people play and are unsatisfied because there's so much rule break and most of the times there's nothing done about it at least recently. The server desperately needs new staff at this point. Also how is it lower standards if players who applied get staff, they'll just be trained like the current admins who were once on trial themselves, and I don't see how people who apply would be terrible at it. The current staff team should just be careful on picking the right ones who truly deserve the rank. There's many experienced players who I know they'd be great at being staff and helping the server out, why not just give them a chance to apply and prove themselves, it's no harm to no one, it'll just help and improve the server.
Aryen
Fearless Donator 
And before saying this is a shitty idea, please make sure you read this thread https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=89756
Aryen
Fearless Donator 
Literally don't know why people say having applications lowers the standard. If they don't like the person applying then they're not going to to get picked?

You don't just automatically get the job because you applied to it? That's the whole point of having an application process lmao.
The following 1 user Likes Grunt's post:
  • Aryen
(10-04-2018, 05:33 PM)JackZ Wrote: It also doesn't help that there's not much great candidates for trial mod nowadays, except for me obviously.

This is why admin apps should be opened. The applicants could have a chance to prove themselves and get past the trial if they're good enough. Right now no one has a chance to express whether they want to join the team or not, and it would be much easier to find new admins through the applications.

Administration tools have alot of power and giving them out willy nilly would be an absolute catastrophe
(10-05-2018, 11:00 PM)Grunt Wrote: Literally don't know why people say having applications lowers the standard. If they don't like the person applying then they're not going to to get picked?

You don't just automatically get the job because you applied to it? That's the whole point of having an application process lmao.

EXACTLY
Aryen
Fearless Donator 
(10-05-2018, 11:46 PM)Forgee Wrote:

This is why admin apps should be opened. The applicants could have a chance to prove themselves and get past the trial if they're good enough. Right now no one has a chance to express whether they want to join the team or not, and it would be much easier to find new admins through the applications.

Administration tools have alot of power and giving them out willy nilly would be an absolute catastrophe

As Grunt said, you're not giving everyone who applies a rank lmao, you should just be careful and pick the right ones, that's the whole point of applications.
Aryen
Fearless Donator 
The following 2 users Like Aryen's post:
  • Grunt, Huskii
What is quite funny is that some people can never be trusted, whilst others have it thrown at them.

After a few days of thinking, fuck it, what's the worst that can happen? Allow applications if the admin team can't clean up their act. This is not a dig at the entire team, but a few members of it.

Take Narcotic for example, he joined in Feb 2018, got Teacher in Mar 2018 (way too fast), then got Trial in Apr 2018 (what), then somehow manages to get admin, all within 6 months of playing (again). That's way to quick, and where is he now? Inactive as fuck. Don't say it's because he's on Inactivity Leave, he's been inactive since July, same for Barry. Whilst I don't like making examples of people, these are two cases of it that must be named.

Get on or open applications.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

The following 2 users Like Lewwings's post:
  • Jan, Aryen
Let's face it Fultz, what i said is facts. Staff Applications will simply give ass lickers staff.
The following 2 users Like JackZ's post:
  • Envy, Random