The staff team
(10-04-2018, 06:01 PM)Jan Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 05:52 PM)Forgee Wrote: Opening applications is a really, really, really bad idea.
You are aware that about 6 years ago staff applications did exist, right?

You’ve read back on it, cool. What you do not know because you weren’t here at that time was that 25% of the people that did apply were great choices, some even leading great communities themselves later on.

Put any ego aside and open up admin applications again, give people that are not too much involved in the staff circle jerk a chance.

Beflok <3
The following 3 users Like Fultz's post:
  • Jan, Zecon, Viljo
(10-04-2018, 06:32 PM)Baskingner Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 05:52 PM)Forgee Wrote: Opening applications is a really, really, really bad idea.

Cant be worse then the shitshow the playerbase has been experiencing the past few weeks. 
Literally right now there is massCDM going on, cars are shot left and right and the only passiveRP (done by Jessica) going on was just raided by a group of rebels who was bored.

I rather have poorly experienced admins then no admins at all.

Yeah .. I can see hat Jessica will get a promotion within the next 2 weeks. I'm not that patient at all when it comes to inactive staff members and people who break RP. I really love to RP and see that staff are online. I can handle that the server is bad for 1-2 weeks but when it goes over a month, then it really starts to flip over to something else.
[Image: clvck9d.png]
The following 2 users Like Zona's post:
  • Jessixa, Laurinwookie
I genuinely couldn't bother reading OP due to the layout
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 1 user Likes Yonno's post:
  • juicyorange
can u not
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
The following 1 user Likes Random's post:
  • Zulu
(10-04-2018, 06:53 PM)DVN Wrote: So.. you want to apply for staff?

[Image: 1424170993845-8grda.jpg]
The following 4 users Like god's post:
  • James, Lewwings, DVN, Zulu
(10-04-2018, 06:53 PM)DVN Wrote: So.. you want to apply for staff?

No lmao? What part of what you read said that I wanted to become staff..? I barely even see you ingame so you don't even have an idea of what happens on a daily basis. That's why we need more staff, so we can actually play
Aryen
Fearless Donator 

I don't see how it's such a bad idea. Only some of the applicants could get it, and those who are trusted and dedicated enough. The server is pretty much a mess most of the time and we really need more staff.
Aryen
Fearless Donator 
(10-04-2018, 05:33 PM)JackZ Wrote: It also doesn't help that there's not much great candidates for trial mod nowadays, except for me obviously.

This is why admin apps should be opened. The applicants could have a chance to prove themselves and get past the trial if they're good enough. Right now no one has a chance to express whether they want to join the team or not, and it would be much easier to find new admins through the applications.
Aryen
Fearless Donator 
I think applications should be opened sure how are we going to get new good staff if the exsisting staff don't come on which leads to players not getting recommended which keeps fearless in the state we are in open up apps make them run a trial then see if they have what it takes stop saying we did it six years ago that's not going to help your issue open apps and trusted people will apply. And Btw I don't want fo be staff all I want is more staff on the server (two rants one week jeez really getting alot from me)
The following 1 user Likes Eoin's post:
  • Aryen
I don't believe staff applications are a good idea as (like many people have told me and I agree with) you can make anyone look good in text.

As well, what happens after their written application gets accepted? Will they get trial immediately? Will we need to create a new mod rank for these candidates? What process needs to happen before someone is accepted? 
I believe that for a rank like admin, applications are a difficult process. Although I'd like to see it I don't know how good it will actually be.

Why don't we encourage the staff team to actively find new underrated or decent trials who don't have a lot of hours? Should there be a plan to f.i. accept 4 more trials in the upcoming 2 months?

Although I think it's a positive idea, we have to really think about it if it is the right step.
[Image: Qw1lIDA.jpg]
Fearless Donator
Click me!

The following 1 user Likes Spartan_KCT's post:
  • Lewwings