Stop Test Vehicles Being Used For RP
Hey folks,

I'm just here to clean up and explain why testing vehicles on the main server was a good idea.
When I was SA, I allowed Pollux, after he asked me, to add vehicles live and test them. This was done for the following reasons:
- Testing for crashing issues where such tests may not be appropriate with 1 or 2 people on the Beta server. Thus needing a full server.
- Testing compatibility with the Gamemode. Opinions and feedback on the vehicles was very important.
- Testing the vehicles in everyday usage for comparison between other vehicles for pricing, speed, handling, etc.

In the past we have added cars that have caused crashes, yet many people had already bought the vehicle. This resulted in mass-refunds which are a pain in the neck and require server down-time to do. Refunds being a guaranteed period of down-time, whereas crashes from the vehicle were unlikely. This is why we decided to make it staff-only. At first, early access to the vehicles was being given to regular users but was found to unfair as some people had access and others didn't.

Perhaps it is getting far into the testing stages for some of the vehicles, but due to some complications, the update we were going to roll out alongside a majority of these vehicles has been delayed.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 5 users Like Awestruck's post:
  • Grunt, Wolven, Pollux, Tomo, Luna

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stop Test Vehicles Being Used For RP - by DVN - 09-24-2018, 09:41 PM
RE: Stop Test Vehicles Being Used For RP - by Awestruck - 09-24-2018, 11:20 PM
RE: Stop Test Vehicles Being Used For RP - by god - 09-25-2018, 03:42 PM
RE: Stop Test Vehicles Being Used For RP - by SJ. - 09-25-2018, 03:53 PM
RE: Stop Test Vehicles Being Used For RP - by DVN - 09-25-2018, 05:12 PM