Elvislives
Thread Title: Report: Random demotion

Name of player: Elvislives

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:60481863

Time in GMT: 0:40

Server: v4b1

Summary: I was hostaged by freedom fighters and I told them the president's location and then I was demoted for 'bretrayal' despite being under fear RP in order to tell where his location was to the freedom fighters I find this very unfair. 

Evidencehttps://plays.tv/video/5b906ba836a3e45c2...m-demotion
The player in the white/grey charger in the video clip was the President's personal bodyguard, who was following me as I was instructed to create a diversion away from the Presidents' location with the limousine. From my understanding of the scenario and what the video shows, the bodyguard drove away after overhearing you disclose the location, and informed the president of this. The only information the president seems to claim he was given was that you had informed the "Freedom Fighters" of his location, thus provoking the demotion, which after checking logs seems to have been discussed between you two in PM's:

Quote:Elvislives said: /demote 639 giving away location of president
angrybob1235 said: /pm 732 u cant demote for that

angrybob1235 said: /pm 732 i was under fear rp

Elvislives said: /r yeah i can u betrayed me

angrybob1235 said: /r i was under fear rp

---------------------------------------------------------------
angrybob1235 said: /r just going to makea pr

Elvislives said: /pm 639 i was informed only of ur fearrp after the demotion, do as u wish but i was not aware of ur situation

I would advise next time Elvislives, perhaps inquire with your officers as to their reason(s) for their actions, and make a sensible judgement after you have heard their case first, rather than an immediate demotion on word of mouth, however trustworthy the source of the information you received may be.

Though since there is no direct rule infringement here, I shall have to deny this PR.
 Zecon
not an Administrator
Moved.
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]