State of the server
(08-15-2018, 10:03 PM)BasicallyMental Wrote: A loss of passion is the main issue surrounding the recent inactive is what it feels like as when a staff member does finally join from 5 people complaining on the Discord and even then they stay on for a maximum for an hour.
Player Reports are not even being done.

An example for loss of passion is GhostKiller. He was active everyday doing great RP until he got trial admin where he just suddenly stopped

From my experience, it is very difficult to maintain passion for playing the actual game (roleplaying) once you become staff. After a while you get bored of having to keep dropping out of your roleplays to go to @ calls, so you just end up forgetting about the roleplay altogether. 

I very rarely roleplay anymore unless it's a big event and I planned it in advance. When I come on I come on solely to administrate and between @ calls I just fly around seeing if any rules are being broken. I don't mind doing that, I don't find that particularly boring. It's just that I didn't like having to constantly jump between RP and @ calls. It was too stop-start and THAT is what I was getting bored of.
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
The following 1 user Likes Tomo's post:
  • BasicallyMental
(08-15-2018, 11:01 PM)BasicallyMental Wrote:
(08-15-2018, 10:58 PM)Borovichok Wrote: Also take a look at player count stats on various tracking services. It's decreasing after map change

Just to let you know, people cannot enjoy the map because of the constant server crashes from prop spammers, from people breaking rules which is due to a lack of admins.

What if I tell you that admins also cannot enjoy the map because it's laggy as hell. FL was full of admins and players, now it suddenly dropped. 

People play rarely due to lag(including admins) > more rulebreaking > more people leaving.

I'm not even talking about myself, I have crap PC, I'm talking about those who can run modern games on ultra, but get 20 FPS on this map. And amount of players who stopped playing due to map is WAY bigger.

This happened before when  2d and 33x existed. V2d was to server and 33x mine central cause no-one cares to join because of unbearable lag.

PS, if someone plan to reply with their high fps stats, don't bother, it's simple statistics that many people stopped playing after map change due to lag. And before you claim that "they are v2d fans", no many were excited for map change and didn't even care, but they stopped playing due to lag

Edit:phone t9 keep changing some words, but I guess it's easy to understand what I meant
(08-15-2018, 10:14 PM)Borovichok Wrote: What if I tell you that map might be a problem? Every single person I spoke to said that map is borderline unplayable, think about it, staff team joined v2d almost every day, server was full from like 6 till 1am. There were multiple staff teams on at ALL times, no mass munging, even if it happened it happened during late night/early morning. 

Half of people I know stopped playing FL or decreased their play time drastically after map chabge.

Go on start your excuses with admins just don't care map is not the issue.

Where is your beloved passive role play on this amazing map? Oh yes, it's gone, freaking aggro rpers...
You say it's the maps fault why would more than half of the community vote for it. Could you just be saying this because you don't like this map? Now I could be wrong but by the sound of it that's what it sounds like your saying.
10fps in the city is not fun
The following 2 users Like Goat's post:
  • DramaLlama, Wolven
I thought bigger maps like Pines had worse FPS, guess we’ll have to move it onto v4b1 until we can finally use our v2d aggrp dupes Guys!!
pls rep so i can be famous like soulripper
The following 2 users Like Jeffrey's post:
  • BasicallyMental, Lewwings
(08-15-2018, 11:13 PM)Tomo Wrote:
(08-15-2018, 10:03 PM)BasicallyMental Wrote: A loss of passion is the main issue surrounding the recent inactive is what it feels like as when a staff member does finally join from 5 people complaining on the Discord and even then they stay on for a maximum for an hour.

An example for loss of passion is GhostKiller. He was active everyday doing great RP until he got trial admin where he just suddenly stopped

From my experience, it is very difficult to maintain passion for playing the actual game (roleplaying) once you become staff. After a while you get bored of having to keep dropping out of your roleplays to go to @ calls, so you just end up forgetting about the roleplay altogether. 

I very rarely roleplay anymore unless it's a big event and I planned it in advance. When I come on I come on solely to administrate and between @ calls I just fly around seeing if any rules are being broken. I don't mind doing that, I don't find that particularly boring. It's just that I didn't like having to constantly jump between RP and @ calls. It was too stop-start and THAT is what I was getting bored of.
Could I ask has nobody brought applications up within the staff team? I wouldn't apply but people would and good people make the applications hard and fair so people who want it get it. Because I think the reason the staff team gets bored of the server is the lack of staff. So say 3 staff are on a 60 player server site will come in fast less roleplay time for staff and more boring but more staff more roleplay time. I just wanted to bring this up
(08-15-2018, 11:13 PM)Tomo Wrote:

Best way to handle that is to take turns handling @ calls. If you have 2 staff on, decide amongst yourselves which one will do the @ calls and the other can focus on rp. This means you will only have to help them out if it gets bogged down which is less likely to happen. This will allow you to rp and not have to worry about stopping.
The following 1 user Likes Fultz's post:
  • BasicallyMental
(08-15-2018, 11:16 PM)Borovichok Wrote:
(08-15-2018, 10:58 PM)Borovichok Wrote: Also take a look at player count stats on various tracking services. It's decreasing after map change

Just to let you know, people cannot enjoy the map because of the constant server crashes from prop spammers, from people breaking rules which is due to a lack of admins.

What if I tell you that admins also cannot enjoy the map because it's laggy as hell. FL was full of admins and players, now it suddenly dropped. 

People play rarely due to lag(including admins) > more rulebreaking > more people leaving.

I'm not even talking about myself, I have crap PC, I'm talking about those who can run modern games on ultra, but get 20 FPS on this map. And amount of players who stopped playing due to map is WAY bigger.

This happened before when  2d and 33x existed. V2d was to server and 33x mine central cause no-one cares to join because of unbearable lag.

PS, if someone plan to reply with their high fps stats, don't bother, it's simple statistics that many people stopped playing after map change due to lag. And before you claim that "they are v2d fans", no many were excited for map change and didn't even care, but they stopped playing due to lag

Edit:phone t9 keep changing some words, but I guess it's easy to understand what I meant

This isn't anything to do with the map, it's just staff have been busy lately.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(08-15-2018, 11:19 PM)keojr Wrote:
(08-15-2018, 10:14 PM)Borovichok Wrote: What if I tell you that map might be a problem? Every single person I spoke to said that map is borderline unplayable, think about it, staff team joined v2d almost every day, server was full from like 6 till 1am. There were multiple staff teams on at ALL times, no mass munging, even if it happened it happened during late night/early morning. 

Half of people I know stopped playing FL or decreased their play time drastically after map chabge.

Go on start your excuses with admins just don't care map is not the issue.

Where is your beloved passive role play on this amazing map? Oh yes, it's gone, freaking aggro rpers...
You say it's the maps fault why would more than half of the community vote for it. Could you just be saying this because you don't like this map? Now I could be wrong but by the sound of it that's what it sounds like your saying.
First: V4b1 hype started by people who aren't even playing anymore

Second: It was around 80% who voted for it, including people I play with, they decreased their play time due to lag. Also I don't see those 130 people who voted for it playing.

Finally: Read my last post where I explain everything
(08-15-2018, 11:16 PM)Borovichok Wrote:

Right, firstly from your original post i replied to, please provide them statistics for me from these services.
Next; lag may be an issue for some however you do not need 100 fps to ban someone who is prop killing. People deal with lag in their own ways and many seem to do alright in dealing with their lag. Infact, there has been less complaints about lag than there has been about inactive staff, mad that?
V2D server was removed back in 2016 or whenever it was because it was dead as fuck and everyone was playing V33X, so map size clearly has nothing to do with it (in this case). If you went on a survey and asked people why they left FL, I can guarentee it will be for: FL is boring, GMOD is boring, Inactive staff. You will actually recieve little votes regarding the lag because it's not peoples No.1 priority in the way you think it is.

Infact, shall we give it a go?
https://www.strawpoll.me/16278339/r
I'll give it a good week and then PM you the results. If i'm wrong then the staff team, and the community, know the map is the issue. If not, shut up about the map and concentrate on the main issue that this thread is addressing (staff inactivity).
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
[Image: tnatDq3.jpg]