State of the server
(08-20-2018, 10:02 PM)chopchop1614 Wrote:
(08-20-2018, 04:17 PM)Aspire Wrote:
(08-20-2018, 12:40 AM)Awestruck Wrote: I believe that a lot of the more experience players need to take up the responsibility of teaching newbies the ropes. Recently I've seen experienced players be just as bad as the newer players minging.

Most cba as they can’t get teacher anymore ehhh

I think if you're only motivation to help the server and new players was in order to obtain the teacher rank then that says more about you.

Not 100% true.

Teacher rank towards the end I agree with this, but before it wasn’t.

Before it was to be in a better position to actually help the community you love and put the players first, sacrificing your time to help other players with any help needed, as well as teaching others with the benefit of being able to reward and congratulate them more than possible as a standard player.

But I agree with you to some extent, for sure.

You should want to help the server off your own back as it’s the sort of home you’ve obtained on this game, however we all know humans ourself are selfish, so there will always need to be some sort of reward.
The following 2 users Like Falc's post:
  • chopchop1614, Wolven
(08-20-2018, 10:02 PM)chopchop1614 Wrote:
(08-20-2018, 04:17 PM)Aspire Wrote:
(08-20-2018, 12:40 AM)Awestruck Wrote: I believe that a lot of the more experience players need to take up the responsibility of teaching newbies the ropes. Recently I've seen experienced players be just as bad as the newer players minging.

Most cba as they can’t get teacher anymore ehhh

I think if you're only motivation to help the server and new players was in order to obtain the teacher rank then that says more about you.

it is people like u I made the point about, it isn't about me lol.
You beg for admin.
The following 1 user Likes Aspire's post:
  • Quest
The problem isn’t really the staff at this point, it’s the community, most of you would rather post a PR on someone with <200 hours for breaking the rules than explain to them what they are doing wrong. That’s the underlying problem, yes having more staff would help keep the servers clean but the underlying issue would still be there.

The following 9 users Like General Rickets's post:
  • Grunt, Zecon, Janzo 火, Pollux, Lewwings, Bobby Shmicki, SJ., Panda, Wolven
(08-20-2018, 10:23 PM)General Rickets Wrote: The problem isn’t really the staff at this point, it’s the community, most of you would rather post a PR on someone with <200 hours for breaking the rules than explain to them what they are doing wrong. That’s the underlying problem, yes having more staff would help keep the servers clean but the underlying issue would still be there.

A person who breaks FearRP under 10 hours, sure. But im not going to explain a person why you cant proppush 3 cars across the mainstreet killing several people in the process. Its almost like minges know this is a server where its easier to get away with obvious rulebreaks. Its easy to blame the community where people get banned a longer time for backseat administrating then the original rulebreaker.
The following 3 users Like Baskingner's post:
  • Archer, BasicallyMental, chopchop1614
(08-20-2018, 10:23 PM)General Rickets Wrote: The problem isn’t really the staff at this point, it’s the community, most of you would rather post a PR on someone with <200 hours for breaking the rules than explain to them what they are doing wrong. That’s the underlying problem, yes having more staff would help keep the servers clean but the underlying issue would still be there.

You know what I actually agree with you on this.
(08-21-2018, 10:23 AM)Baskingner Wrote:

A person who breaks FearRP under 10 hours, sure. But im not going to explain a person why you cant proppush 3 cars across the mainstreet killing several people in the process. Its almost like minges know this is a server where its easier to get away with obvious rulebreaks. Its easy to blame the community where people get banned a longer time for backseat administrating then the original rulebreaker.

You can be as pedantic as you like really, if someone is running around with a fountain at 0 hours and refuses to follow the rules then crack on thats what PRs are for but most of the time if you explain where they are breaking the rules, from my experience as both player and admin, they will apologize and fix the problem. People need to give people a chance instead of slapping them with the stamp of minge.

Look at the admin team some of those have quite a history on the wrong side of the rules, that’s just what I took for them to understand them. Everyone is different.

The following 4 users Like General Rickets's post:
  • Grunt, Lewwings, Zecon, BasicallyMental
(08-21-2018, 06:30 PM)General Rickets Wrote:

You can be as pedantic as you like really, if someone is running around with a fountain at 0 hours and refuses to follow the rules then crack on thats what PRs are for  but most of the time if you explain where they are breaking the rules, from my experience as both player and admin, they will apologize and fix the problem. People need to give people a chance instead of slapping them with the stamp of minge.

Look at the admin team some of those have quite a history on the wrong side of the rules, that’s just what I took for them to understand them. Everyone is different.

It's different trying to explain a rule as a player than as a staff member. To a new player, i'm just another nerdy player with hours that thinks they know it all when infact i'm trying to help but a lot of them do not see that. These days players are slated for trying to help, explaining the rules etc because it's all apparently about getting staff, which quite frankly it's not.
If staff were more active, it would be a lot easier for rule explaination as the staff can actually stop them, pick them up and have a chat with them about what's going on however for us, it's a little more tricky.
Don't get me wrong, if at least a few of them listened then it might be worth it however they sadly don't which i'm 99% sure is why not many people bother anymore
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
[Image: tnatDq3.jpg]
The following 4 users Like BasicallyMental's post:
  • General Rickets, Lewwings, Baskingner, Grunt
(08-21-2018, 06:30 PM)General Rickets Wrote:

You can be as pedantic as you like really, if someone is running around with a fountain at 0 hours and refuses to follow the rules then crack on thats what PRs are for  but most of the time if you explain where they are breaking the rules, from my experience as both player and admin, they will apologize and fix the problem. People need to give people a chance instead of slapping them with the stamp of minge.

Its not about being pedantic, its about the player who youre talking to. Often newcomers break rules because theyre in an annoying situation (under gunpoint or about to be arrested) and thats the moment theyre the least open to feedback or rule advice. As a staffmember thats easily solved by freezing them in the air but the normal playerbase doesnt have that luxery.

People can change, definatly, but they need to be willing to change before anything can happen. Lately the server had an increasing amount of ‘professional minges’. People who have 1 goal, cause chaos. If there is no staffmember around they can effectively hostage the server for 20/30 minutes by propsmashing everything that moves.
But there’s nothing we as players can do, I see what you mean. That’s what V33X was like every day 2012-2014 or just need to adapt to it really, that’s all we did back then and that was waaaay before any staff member would even dare join V33X because it was too much work.

(08-22-2018, 06:43 AM)General Rickets Wrote: But there’s nothing we as players can do, I see what you mean. That’s what V33X was like every day 2012-2014 or just need to adapt to it really, that’s all we did back then and that was waaaay before any staff member would even dare join V33X because it was too much work.

Yeah, it's too much work for 14 staff members to join the server to deal with the issues, that's fine. But how can a playerbase average of 50+ adapt to the inability to roleplay, the one thing we come on to do?
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
[Image: tnatDq3.jpg]