Off duty administrators
Agreed with DVN, when admins are in game and something happeneds someone will moan that a the admin isn't doing anything as they are off duty, adminis are really good at balancing role playing then dealing with players, the way we currently haven't it is fine.
(08-19-2018, 08:40 PM)Baskingner Wrote:
(08-19-2018, 08:17 PM)DVN Wrote: Don't like the idea at all.

We're here to balance both administrating and roleplaying. If we can't respond to something right away then another staff member should pick it up when they can. I understand at the moment this may not be the case as there have been complaints about the team but adding a on/off duty does not help at all.

There is no need for us to toggle our powers on or off, you either use them to handle a sit or general admin business or don't use them at all and be just like a regular player. Just because we have easy access to powers doesn't give us more of an advantage or make us any better.

Link explained my point perfectly. I rather have an administrator who does his job 50% of the time, and RP's the other half and as a result doesnt become inactive after getting the admin rank but rather staying active as an experienced admin. In my eyes the whole Lombardi family debacle is a perfect example of what happens when administrators are asked to only administrate and rarely involve in any RPs, they become uninvolved in the community, and honestly its partly understandable.

'There is no need for us to toggle our powers on or off, you either use them to handle a sit or general admin business or don't use them at all and be just like a regular player.'

That sounds nice in theory but thats not how it works in my experience. I havent RPed much with teammembers in my time here on FL but almost every time people were complaining how the staffmember wasnt performing his duties or probably 'afk farming'. Multiple (ex) administrators have already stated that its annoying to never be able to RP again without being yelled at. I cant imagine that being motivating to stay invested in the server.

Im not sure why you think you have any advantage or administrators are any better since no one really mentioned that in this thread.

I mean you said it yourself, you don't really RP much with teammembers so you're going from what people are saying. Where has this been said though that staff members are farming hours and not doing their job?

There is literally no need to add something that enables us to toggle our powers on and off or display if we are 'on duty'. We have taken this position for a reason therefore are always on duty. What works better is an active, more full team that works together to handle calls so that we can all enjoy balancing roleplay and administration. Of course this is something we're working to improve as we speak, so things should get smoother a lot quicker.
Yea sure sounds good

idk who the heck wants the stress of rping with a staff member when you can have some real fun with low hour people in the villas or apartments but that's just my own personal preference.
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]