Microphone doesn't work
Whenever I play on my PC my mic works perfectly fine, but when I'm on my laptop microphone goes on and off. I was wondering it was cause I'm connected to WiFi but it's weird cause whenever I'm on FaceTime or any other communication app on the phone, it works perfectly fine, no matter how far I am from it. I tried to google it however I don't see anyone having the same problem, because my mic partly works, you can only hear half of what I'm saying.
Aryen
Fearless Donator 
When you're using your laptop, do you use a headset or do you use the laptop microphone?
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
[Image: tnatDq3.jpg]
(06-19-2018, 09:37 PM)BasicallyMental Wrote: When you're using your laptop, do you use a headset or do you use the laptop microphone?

Headset
Aryen
Fearless Donator 
(06-20-2018, 12:37 PM)Aryen Wrote:
(06-19-2018, 09:37 PM)BasicallyMental Wrote: When you're using your laptop, do you use a headset or do you use the laptop microphone?

Headset

Depending on the headset you are using, it may require to be plugged into more than one port and I know laptops don't always have them ports available (e.g. my corsair void needs to be plugged into audio ports as well as a USB one) so it may be that.
What headphones have you got?
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
[Image: tnatDq3.jpg]
(06-20-2018, 02:34 PM)BasicallyMental Wrote:
(06-20-2018, 12:37 PM)Aryen Wrote:

Headset

Depending on the headset you are using, it may require to be plugged into more than one port and I know laptops don't always have them ports available (e.g. my corsair void needs to be plugged into audio ports as well as a USB one) so it may be that.
What headphones have you got?

I got the Bloody G500 (not so sure) and it's got the main cord which you plug into an other cord which splits to mic and headphone, which i use for my PC. My laptop, which is not a gaming one, only has one port which is for both headphone and mic, so i use the main big cord for it. When i try Voice Record on it it works fine.
Aryen
Fearless Donator 
Hello Aryen!

You mention the WiFi issue. Grabbing at straws here, but have you tried connecting to the router via Ethernet cable? Probably won't make much difference, but its worth a shot! Also, have you tested your microphone on any other games other than Garry's Mod? If not, try playing on another multiplayer game so that you can see if anyone can hear you.

Hope the issue is sorted soon!
Create
(06-20-2018, 10:14 PM)Create Wrote: Hello Aryen!

You mention the WiFi issue. Grabbing at straws here, but have you tried connecting to the router via Ethernet cable? Probably won't make much difference, but its worth a shot! Also, have you tested your microphone on any other games other than Garry's Mod? If not, try playing on another multiplayer game so that you can see if anyone can hear you.

Hope the issue is sorted soon!
Create

Yea, test your mic somewhere else, like discord for example, if its still shit, wifi is ur problem
Has this issue been solved yet?
FearlessRP 
____________________________________________________________________________________
[Image: Yzs7t0g.png]
If you can read this you're a coon
Try snd_restart in console.
No answer from thread owner. Archived.