BMD Cant farm weed
(07-10-2018, 06:03 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(07-10-2018, 11:56 AM)Mustang Wrote: Although not the main aim of this thread, I'd also like to know why contraband has now been changed to having a 1/20 chance of exploding when stolen, and also why the amount of weed packets received have been reduced? Surely these two "updates" are major talking points in the community as it will effect many of us who use both of these said items, so why wasn't it discussed?

But, IMO BMD should be allowed to farm weed, it's logical. Shouldn't remove it without community discussion.

Just a note that your hard work to updates is appreciated, very much so, but the lack of community discussion is something of concern.

I increased the amount weed gives prior to my update, the number was a bit too high so I decreased it a bit. You're still making more than pre-aggresive update with weed. These nerfs alongside a few exploit fixes were needed urgently due to some people making millions within a day. It was discussed as per protocol for developers, I can't add stuff without making a thread for it first. The only big change is the BMD one.

That seems fair enough, but it shouldn't have really taken this thread to find that out. I think to avoid this case the "click for more information" tab should be used to explain the reasoning behind this, thus avoiding this sort of situation.

Thanks for the response, once again, not criticising your work but simply wondering the reasoning behind some stuff! Smile
The following 2 users Like Mustang's post:
  • jfd13, Pollux
Restored posts that have been deleted. Opinions are allowed to be given.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 7 users Like Awestruck's post:
  • Grunt, aDisabledDeer, Pollux, MasterNoda, RaZZ, Suarez, Wolven
(07-10-2018, 10:08 PM)Awestruck Wrote: Restored posts that have been deleted. Opinions are allowed to be given.

Any reason why he’s even allowed to do that?

I get why he has access to admin rights on the forums, for testing purposes. But come on, deleting members posts? That’s an abuse of privilege.
(07-10-2018, 10:36 PM)aDisabledDeer Wrote:
(07-10-2018, 10:08 PM)Awestruck Wrote: Restored posts that have been deleted. Opinions are allowed to be given.

Any reason why he’s even allowed to do that?

I get why he has access to admin rights on the forums, for testing purposes. But come on, deleting members posts? That’s an abuse of privilege.

It's been/being dealt with, please stay on topic now.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 2 users Like Awestruck's post:
  • Pollux, Wolven
To be honest Black Market Dealer is a underground job. So removing it is stupid maybe enforce the rule more.
The following 5 users Like Eoin's post:
  • Wolven, jfd13, Bobby, MasterNoda, RaZZ
(07-09-2018, 08:02 AM)General Rickets Wrote: Incorrect BMDs can have a weed farm, I have seen hundreds of weed stores owned by BMDs which makes perfect logical sense.

(07-08-2018, 05:55 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(07-08-2018, 03:53 PM)Greed^ Wrote: Meh I dont think they should, a lot of BMDs would just afk in their weed/contrafarm and never do their job

Exactly this, them being able to grow weed meant that a lot of people thought they were allowed to just base as a BMD and self-supply themselves pots and seeds. This is why I decided to ban weed for them.

If people are not doing their job in any job they will receive punishment, stop limiting RP and focus on other things? Like a P90 nerf.

Hm.... Thinking 

Punishment? What kind of punishment? I reported X number of cases with BMDs not doing their job (to Fearless team) ingame and out of those 100%, only 2% was dealt with. What kind of punishment are we talking about then?

Well, I guess this was kind of a good idea then. Kind of.
(07-12-2018, 12:05 AM)Blacky2131 Wrote: I reported X number of cases with BMDs not doing their job (to Fearless team) ingame and out of those 100%, only 2% was dealt with. What kind of punishment are we talking about then?

Interesting statistic...
The following 1 user Likes Grunt's post:
  • General Rickets
(07-12-2018, 09:24 AM)Grunt Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 12:05 AM)Blacky2131 Wrote: I reported X number of cases with BMDs not doing their job (to Fearless team) ingame and out of those 100%, only 2% was dealt with. What kind of punishment are we talking about then?

Interesting statistic...

Well not sure if you are sarcastic or not  Skeptical
To be quite blunt, I can't believe how ungrateful some of you are being. Pollux is an extremely active developer and brought some highly requested changes to aggressive rp because the player base wanted it and he delivered. As a Developer, you are not only here to please people, but also to make decisions on what is and what is not going to make the game fair and balanced, fitting to our game mode and also realistic. I can tell you from a first hand experience that whenever Pollux has an update his first thought is that he wants to give the people what they want and it's usually me or someone else telling him that's all well and good, but you've got to make sure it's actually what's best for the community. Someone could suggest a peppa pig player model and it get all +supports but we'd still deny it. People saying that the community should have been consulted before, although community feedback is important, statistics are not always reliable and people usually vote for what they want, rather than what is actually best for the server.

It's actually quite shocking because for the first time in a long time Developers are getting more hate than the staff team, yet we have some of the most active development team at the moment. Sure, some changes are drastically changing the game mode, but we will never move forward if we sit in a comfortable position throughout Fearless' entire lifespan. I've seen a lot of people saying, 'where's the nerf to this or that' and if you took the time to read Pollux's thread you can quite clearly see and I quote 'I will be monitoring the changes over this week and will be making slight adjustments to further improve the balance, after the week a stickied "Useful Docs" thread will be posted with all weapon stats.'
Things like this take time to do and can't happen overnight and Pollux is quite literally on holiday in America and is still working on updates, tweaks and bug fixes for you to enjoy.
If you think you're better, learn how to code if can't already and if you can we'd be more than happy to have you on our team, to find out more visit this thread: https://www.fearlessrp.net/announcements.php?aid=41
[Image: f2kzlKW.png]
The following 3 users Like Divey's post:
  • Pollux, Awestruck, Yonno
(07-12-2018, 10:21 PM)Divey Wrote: To be quite blunt, I can't believe how ungrateful some of you are being. Pollux is an extremely active developer and brought some highly requested changes to aggressive rp because the player base wanted it and he delivered. As a Developer, you are not only here to please people, but also to make decisions on what is and what is not going to make the game fair and balanced, fitting to our game mode and also realistic. I can tell you from a first hand experience that whenever Pollux has an update his first thought is that he wants to give the people what they want and it's usually me or someone else telling him that's all well and good, but you've got to make sure it's actually what's best for the community. Someone could suggest a peppa pig player model and it get all +supports but we'd still deny it. People saying that the community should have been consulted before, although community feedback is important, statistics are not always reliable and people usually vote for what they want, rather than what is actually best for the server.

It's actually quite shocking because for the first time in a long time Developers are getting more hate than the staff team, yet we have some of the most active development team at the moment. Sure, some changes are drastically changing the game mode, but we will never move forward if we sit in a comfortable position throughout Fearless' entire lifespan. I've seen a lot of people saying, 'where's the nerf to this or that' and if you took the time to read Pollux's thread you can quite clearly see and I quote 'I will be monitoring the changes over this week and will be making slight adjustments to further improve the balance, after the week a stickied "Useful Docs" thread will be posted with all weapon stats.'
Things like this take time to do and can't happen overnight and Pollux is quite literally on holiday in America and is still working on updates, tweaks and bug fixes for you to enjoy.
If you think you're better, learn how to code if can't already and if you can we'd be more than happy to have you on our team, to find out more visit this thread: https://www.fearlessrp.net/announcements.php?aid=41

Most people on this thread have added a side note that they really appreciate the work he is doing. The points are that maybe it would be nicer if we had more of a discussion or some kind of idea of what is being implemented before it is being. For example, the BMD was simply changed and this thread is to get an opinion on that. It's not about the fact that players think they are better or something but that it shouldn't solely be on developers to make changes like that.

If an idea gets a ton of supports but is stupid or clearly done as a joke then for sure, it can be denied. However, if a suggestion that is reasonable is denied with little explanation or straight away I can see some people's issue with it. In my opinion, however, I don't really care if it is denied without explanation because the community should be lead by the staff's decision really.

I digress the problem for others isn't that he isn't working hard enough because he has been amazing the past few months, but that small things are being changed very fast and that some weren't voted on by the community or there wasn't a suggestion thread for it. No, developers aren't hear to please people but they are here to implement things that the community would like to see in the game while also keeping it semi-serious and to the theme of the server which is why this thread exists, it shows what people think of this one particular update and their opinion on it.
The following 1 user Likes Bobby's post:
  • Grunt