BMD Cant farm weed
(07-13-2018, 08:46 PM)juicyorange Wrote:
(07-13-2018, 11:06 AM)Falc Wrote:
(07-13-2018, 08:55 AM)juicyorange Wrote: no point in consulting the community because clearly you don’t like change and don’t appreciate his work at all. that’s ok, but if you are doing nothing at all then shut the fuck up, Pollux is contributing to the community.

he has the power and right to make these decisions as it was most probably discussed at length with the administrators so don’t use him as a scapegoat for all your freaking problems, so sick of people ganging up.

Get your tongue out the staff teams ass lol

Lil white knight
lol because my previous comment was removed, I think you can handle it I’ll make a new one, it’s strange how if you agree with a staff members decision you are automatically ridiculed as an ass licker when I couldn’t care less, infact I’m on holiday for about 2 months anyway. 

The feature was removed from the BMD get over it like many of us get over suggestions we don’t like.

You're in a discussion thread, in the discussion section of the forums.

If you can't handle discussion, then leave.
(07-13-2018, 12:37 PM)aDisabledDeer Wrote:
(07-13-2018, 09:19 AM)Yonno Wrote: Grow the fuck up and live with the change, there've been more extreme changes in the past than a BMD not being able to grow his own weed. Looking at it from the rules you're basically powergaming by self supplying. As for "community feedback", no, you don't need to have a say in everything. Transparancy has been bigger than ever since last year, stop trying to reap more than you sow.

It’s a discussion thread for a reason mate.

It’s called discussion.

Thanks mr admin I completely forgot which section of the forums I was in after entering it. 

I simply gave my opinion on the BMD change, if you disagree with my view on the change then thats fine but I'd rather you actually discuss the content instead of providing such an irrelevant, petty comment.

But you do you, my guy.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 2 users Like Yonno's post:
  • juicyorange, Pollux
(07-14-2018, 06:50 AM)Yonno Wrote:
(07-13-2018, 09:19 AM)Yonno Wrote: Grow the fuck up and live with the change, there've been more extreme changes in the past than a BMD not being able to grow his own weed. Looking at it from the rules you're basically powergaming by self supplying. As for "community feedback", no, you don't need to have a say in everything. Transparancy has been bigger than ever since last year, stop trying to reap more than you sow.

It’s called discussion.

Thanks mr admin I completely forgot which section of the forums I was in after entering it. 

I simply gave my opinion on the BMD change, if you disagree with my view on the change then thats fine but I'd rather you actually discuss the content instead of providing such an irrelevant, petty comment.

But you do you, my guy.

"Grow the fuck up and live with the change." Quite clearly isn't trying to promote discussion now is it? Yes, there has been more extreme changes you're right, but guess what? We decided to discuss this change and then you tell people to grow the fuck up, doesn't exactly add anything does it?
[Image: KL3qjvw.png]

The following 1 user Likes Huskii's post:
  • Jan
(07-14-2018, 09:09 AM)Huskii Wrote:

It’s called discussion.

But you do you, my guy.

"Grow the fuck up and live with the change." Quite clearly isn't trying to promote discussion now is it? Yes, there has been more extreme changes you're right, but guess what? We decided to discuss this change and then you tell people to grow the fuck up, doesn't exactly add anything does it?

I've never stated whether or not I'm trying to promote the discussion, I'm merely stating my opinion which is partly what discussion threads are for. I'm simply telling you to move on and accept it. That's all I'll be saying in regards to this off-topic discussion. Good luck!
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 1 user Likes Yonno's post:
  • Pollux
(07-14-2018, 09:21 AM)Yonno Wrote:
(07-14-2018, 09:09 AM)Huskii Wrote:

It’s called discussion.

But you do you, my guy.

I've never stated whether or not I'm trying to promote the discussion, I'm merely stating my opinion which is partly what discussion threads are for. I'm simply telling you to move on and accept it. That's all I'll be saying in regards to this off-topic discussion. Good luck!

ok
[Image: KL3qjvw.png]

Pollux can’t handle the discussion because he just sits there liking flame comments.
Yonno doesn’t seem to understand that having a discussion about something is perfectly reasonable thing to do when a change is made, he’d rather slam his feet on the ground and cry that people have a different opinion to his.
And the same goes for JuicyOrange and Divey.

The fact that a serious change was made without informing or consulting the community beforehand, the very people you are supposedly doing this for, is regrettable. Just like deleting people’s comments.

The Black Market Dealers very existence is to be illegal, and underground, the growing and selling of weed is a massive part of that lifestyle. Doubt any of you have met a weed dealer in person, but they’re not always the most law abiding, upstanding citizens.

The issue I take with this most of all is the lack of communication and prediscussion, and if you as a developer don’t like the criticism then leave the role, I’m sorry but you can’t always expect everyone to be pleased with what you do, and if you do then that’s the wrong mindset to have.

You can sit there and ignore all of this and say “oh it’s the same 10
-15 people”, but the truth is we’re just the vocal ones, more you do things the more people will become vocal.

Quick note to Yonno, Divey, and JuicyOrange - learn how to utilise a discussion thread rather than shitposting.
The following 2 users Like aDisabledDeer's post:
  • Yonno, Pollux
actually the truth is it’s the same 10 people who are always against updates which restrict underground jobs and weapons.

BMD cannot farm weed and I’m quite happy because most of them contrabase and do not sell anything to customers in fear of getting raided. In my opinion it’s a good update, just like many others think.

Do not make assumptions about who I know and what I do in real life.

if you’re criticism is not contructive, which it isn’t as you just bash any update he makes then you can shove it up your ass. god bless and papa bless.
The following 1 user Likes juicyorange's post:
  • Pollux
BMDs shouldn't have been able to do it in the first place

The rules are clear with this point:

-2.5 Powergaming is not allowed, meaning you can't force people into situations, always try to do something, such as '/me tries to snap his arm' instead of '/me snaps his arm'.
Also do not abuse something that gives you an advantage, such as changing jobs to buy something for yourself or switching jobs with the sole purpose of joining a raid.

And then again in the power gaming definition.

Powergaming is when you misuse roleplay actions in an attempt to force a RP to take a certain direction, or when you attempt to force another action on a player or dictate their actions or if you do something that gives you an unfair advantage such as changing your job for the sole reason of buying yourself items or to join a raid. This is banned because it's detrimental to RP, and makes the server a lot less fun for people who have to suffer the actions of a powergamer. Some examples over powergaming are below:

This change just prevents things like this from happening.

I see and can understand the frustration about not being informed about the decision before the change. But considering the overhaul to aggressiveRP has effected the way contraband worked greatly, this change needed to happen ASAP.
[Image: f2kzlKW.png]
The following 2 users Like Divey's post:
  • Yonno, Pollux
This thread is so stupid on levels I cant even imagine.

No, the staff team does not have to discuss things with the community. I am always in full support on that. But at the same time you have to realize that doing it pisses certain people off.

Pollux, every time I see something regarding you, the more I see my comparison from the beginning coming true. Just breaking down your wording. "This is why I decided to ban weed for them." What do you think of that? how about, "Why would I need a discussion with the community on a matter like this?" Your level of entitlement is so high right now it actually bothers me. I do not know if you are just poor in communication skills or you genuinely feel like you are all high an mighty on the servers. You have already abused your powers by deleting opinions in a discussion thread. Take a step back before you just get outright demoted. Just because you are pumping out updates does not make you immune to consequences. Get off this Mavis path before you end up like him.

Suggestions for you, Pollux.

1. Don't use I or me when discussing changes to anything regarding FL. It makes it seem like you just went up and changed it without discussion. Instead, say we as a team decided. or Why would we need to discuss this with you. People will no longer be mad at just you for changes. But the staff team.

2. Honestly just avoid discussion threads altogether. We have seen on this thread alone that you cannot handle criticism well. Let the staff team speak in defense of changes. Going back and looking at this thread, you were the one who started the flame war with you highly holier than thou attitude.

Quote:Why would I need a discussion with the community on a matter like this? I always have to discuss anything I change on the server, that discussion doesn't have to be with you though. It's not just what I want at all.

This was always against the rules, it's just hardcoded now meaning people don't have to be punished. If anything this helps you guys.

This comment right here made this thread spiral out of control.

Honestly, if this shit doesn't change I hope you have the same outcome as Mavis. Just because you pump out a lot of updates for Fearless does not mean that you can behave like this. Mature up/take a break/whatever or you need to go bud.

(btw my opinion on the change) Who cares if the BMD cant grow weed? Just be a citizen running a weed shop if you want? BMD should focus on selling instead of growing.
The following 5 users Like Fultz's post:
  • Huskii, aDisabledDeer, Grunt, Jan, General Rickets
(07-14-2018, 01:49 PM)Divey Wrote: BMDs shouldn't have been able to do it in the first place

The  rules are clear with this point:

-2.5 Powergaming is not allowed, meaning you can't force people into situations, always try to do something, such as '/me tries to snap his arm' instead of '/me snaps his arm'.
Also do not abuse something that gives you an advantage, such as changing jobs to buy something for yourself or switching jobs with the sole purpose of joining a raid.

And then again in the power gaming definition.

Powergaming is when you misuse roleplay actions in an attempt to force a RP to take a certain direction, or when you attempt to force another action on a player or dictate their actions or if you do something that gives you an unfair advantage such as changing your job for the sole reason of buying yourself items or to join a raid. This is banned because it's detrimental to RP, and makes the server a lot less fun for people who have to suffer the actions of a powergamer. Some examples over powergaming are below:

This change just prevents things like this from happening.

I see and can understand the frustration about not being informed about the decision before the change. But considering the overhaul to aggressiveRP has effected the way contraband worked greatly, this change needed to happen ASAP.

I don't see how having weed pots as a black market dealer is against the power gaming rule. Black market dealers are not allowed to raid but are allowed to base. Preventing one issue by disallowing the entire premise of a black market dealer to be able to spawn in drug pots is fixing the issue of self-supply by just disallowing them to use the item. 

This is similar to the suggestion of making props uncollidable in when being picked up by a phsygun, it does stop all prop push but does hinder the use of props slightly in the first place. Admins and moderators are in the server to enforce the rules, they can easily do this on self-supply against the black market dealer if they do self-supply. Doesn't have to make the whole black market job have fewer features by disallowing the spawning of the pots or contraband.

You may counter with the fact that a lot of things are disallowed to stop people from easily breaking the rules and affecting other's roleplay but, if a black market dealer does end up self-supplying they should rightfully be punished but it does not affect other people in a drastic way.
The following 1 user Likes Bobby's post:
  • Huskii