Clarification
I thought I understood some rules but it would help if I could get some clarification on some things.

Firstly, /me.
Is it against the rules to use /me's to change the situation of the current roleplay scenario? Like lets say that I am taken hostage by the Corleones. Am I allowed to jump and break my legs and pass out from pain to force them to call a doctor/medic to free me?

Secondly, listening to admins.
Is it against the rules to not listen to what an admin tells me to do if I think that it is wrong? If he in turn bans me, is it considered abuse?

Thirdly, Voice chat.
In ban requests/unban requests, is anything that is said using voice chat null and void? So say if I'm buying a car from someone and I tell them the price using voice chat and they understand what I say; but then after the transaction they post a ban request saying I scammed them; could I get banned? If I had a witness there could I still be banned?
(01-13-2012, 11:13 PM)kertopz Wrote: Firstly, /me.
Is it against the rules to use /me's to change the situation of the current roleplay scenario? Like lets say that I am taken hostage by the Corleones. Am I allowed to jump and break my legs and pass out from pain to force them to call a doctor/medic to free me?

You can use /me to create whatever situation, but you are not to powergame with it.

Powergaming means forcing an action upon other characters without giving them a chance to prevent those actions or join into the RP.
For example:
* Nudelholz gives the cop next to him a clout, the cop falls to the ground KO, takes his handcuff keys afterwards and unlocks his cuffs.

As you can see this doesn't make much sense as the cop is not able to reply, instead the /me should go like this:

* Nudelholz attemps to hit the cop next to him with his head.

Now you have to wait for the cop to reply with a me which could be:

* Nudelholz quickly steps 1m back.

Now it's the handcuffed guys turn again who could now say:

* Nudelholz used all his force for this hit towards the officer, because of this he now stumbles and falls towards the ground.

etc...

(01-13-2012, 11:13 PM)kertopz Wrote: Secondly, listening to admins.
Is it against the rules to not listen to what an admin tells me to do if I think that it is wrong? If he in turn bans me, is it considered abuse?

Normally the things an admins tell you are things you should do to avoid rulebreaks.

If an admin tells you to do something which obviously would break rules or lead to FailRP you do not have to do it, if he bans you with the reason: "You didn't do what I told you." it is indeed abuse. You are than welcome to report the incident on the forum, hopefully with some evidence.

You should be careful though whether you are the only one thinking that what the admins tells you is wrong. Sometimes there are rules you might have forgotten about and so on...

(01-13-2012, 11:13 PM)kertopz Wrote: Thirdly, Voice chat.
In ban requests/unban requests, is anything that is said using voice chat null and void? So say if I'm buying a car from someone and I tell them the price using voice chat and they understand what I say; but then after the transaction they post a ban request saying I scammed them; could I get banned? If I had a witness there could I still be banned?

Voice chat is this one topic I am not 100% sure about. The problem is that we do not have any logs of the voice chat, even if we had them it would be quite impossible to look through them. As long as you did not record a video, with sound, of what happened and what you said it is hard to proof what you said on voice chat, we can't just take your word for granted.
Having a neutral witness, not one of your bffs, would make things different as you would have somebody to approve of what you said.
I therefore suggest that you use the typed chat rather than the voice chat. I know just saying things is quicker and much easier. But you can never be sure whether people have their speakers on, whether they understand you clearly, because of your microphone, accent or whatever. If you just type things in chat, especially in situations like buying/selling a car, you are on the safe side as you will have written evidence in our logs of what has happened.

Dare to think!