PR - BasicallyMental
Name of player:BasicallyMental

SteamIDSTEAM_0:1:94870333

Time in GMT: 16:55-17:05

Server: v2d

Summary: So I was called to UM by some Officers, I get there and a man is armed with his group I then get confirmation by the President that he does not have a license so he is arrested, the rest of his team retreat back into the base and I do a police broadcast asking for all of them to come out so we can do a search to make sure they are not armed, only 1 of them comes out to try and stop us from coming near the base so we detain him and we wait for the rest of the team to come out, so we wait for around maybe 1-2 minutes with their teammate under gunpoint, and then I start getting shot at by the team leader BasicallyMental, which breaks FearRP and I would also say not following the rule of "Violence should always be last option".

Evidence:

He also admitted in PM that he was the person who shot, also the audio is out of sync, but the audio isn't needed for this video.
I'll give my side.
We had been having issues with the police all day. You had stated you were going to raid and as the life of my colleague wasn't in danger, we saw it viable to attempt to shoot to kill the police officers there in order to rescue him from being arrested which sadly did not work.
The reason we shot instead of coming down to force you to unhandcuff him was due to you saying you are raiding us, therefore as we didn't want to risk also being arrested, shooting was a more favourable option to us.

I understand violence is meant to be a last option however sometimes when you have been having issues with the police all day, violence soon becomes the only option.
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
[Image: tnatDq3.jpg]
Yes I did say we were going to raid it, but I was no where near any of you so I don't know how you have figured out that, I simply said in broadcast I wanted you all to come out for a search, and if you were clear we would have left, and to say that your teammate wasn't in danger makes me laugh he's cuffed and was very much in the line of crossfire, that's not even mentioning we had a SRU Sniper who I believe was Lewwings watching over us all, and all three of us had our guns out.
I would also like to add, the reason we did not shoot straight away is because we took the time to evalute the sitaution, between the group, to ensure that the life of our colleague was not in danger if we took the option to shoot (which is what we did).
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
(07-02-2018, 07:50 PM)Fudge Wrote: Yes I did say we were going to raid it, but I was no where near any of you so I don't know how you have figured out that, I simply said in broadcast I wanted you all to come out for a search, and if you were clear we would have left, and to say that your teammate wasn't in danger makes me laugh he's cuffed and was very much in the line of crossfire, that's not even mentioning we had a SRU Sniper who I believe was Lewwings watching over us all, and all three of us had our guns out.

One of your officers ran up to the side of the base and had heard one of us arming up and said "Yep they are armed we are going to raid" which is the only reason we knew. Had the plan not been to raid we would not have chosen to shoot as our lives were not immediately in danger.
Also, the SRU sniper was not seen by any of us and I don't even recall there being one on. Apologies if there was but we did not see one hence up opening fire. If we had seen him the situation would have dramatically changed.
He was not a hostage and as seen in the video was out of the way, only once we had started shooting had he slightly moved towards you which is when we moved our fire away from him so we wasn't damaged further
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
Either way, this raid had not yet even been initiated, and it doesn't matter he was right next to us and we still had our guns out he has to follow our commands and you have to fear for his life.
(07-02-2018, 07:56 PM)Fudge Wrote: Either way, this raid had not yet even been initiated, and it doesn't matter he was right next to us and we still had our guns out he has to follow our commands and you have to fear for his life.

You're right, he does have to fear for his life. However, when we deem it viable that he isn't going to die, there is no reason we cannot shoot as he was following FearRP just fine. You gave one demand for us to come out however we were not under FearRP and so we did not.
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
I don't think you exactly understand how FearRP works, so I am going to move to my other point "Violence is always last option" now there is a key word in that "always" no matter what violence should always be last option, you are also forgetting that it is a new police force team and no matter how many issues you have with the police, it's always a new situation.
(07-02-2018, 08:10 PM)Fudge Wrote: I don't think you exactly understand how FearRP works, so I am going to move to my other point "Violence is always last option" now there is a key word in that "always" no matter what violence should always be last option, you are also forgetting that it is a new police force team and no matter how many issues you have with the police, it's always a new situation.

Me knowing it is a new police team would have been metagaming. Police are police to a criminal, and if I have had multiple raids and bad encounters from them throughout the day, you can understand how the frustration in my character has grown and so I cannot be nice again and have the same result.
I understand FearRP (As per the definition) I am to be afraid of a situation that puts my accomplices' life at risk.
"3.5 You must follow FearRP by acting afraid of threatening situations that affect your own or accomplices' lives."
Bare in mind I am a criminal in a 'Family' 8 strong against a police force of about 4/5 at the time of you being at my base. My life was out of the question as I had 6 others behind me to help me shoot and kill you lot (8th was with you), and we made the decision that if we were to kill you, or not to kill you, his life would not be at risk as you are not going to hostage him, you're the government.
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
He may have been around gun fire, however, with the assessment (which i spoke about preivously) we came to the conclusion we were able to shoot to kill the officers without harming our member. (Whether it came out like this or not, I have absolutely no idea)
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me