Poll: What are your opinions on Sir Oswald Mosley
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Support his ideas
50.00%
3 50.00%
Support some of his ideas disagree with others
16.67%
1 16.67%
Disagree with his ideas
33.33%
2 33.33%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Sir Oswald Mosley Poll
This is just a poll for peoples opinions on the politician Sir Oswald Mosley for a school project I am hosting. Any debate is welcome and please do vote on the poll as it will help me out greatly.

For some information on the man if you do not know;
Sir Oswald Mosley was a British politician who was popular during the 1930's as the leader of Britain's fascist movement.
He served in the First World War as a cavalry officer and then a pilot, he then returned to politics first as a Conservative then as a Labour, he was considered to be the next Labour Prime Minister candidate but resigned due to discord with his party over unemployment policies. After this he founded his own party and then later merged with the British Union of Fascists.
After run ins with police and the crack down on freedom of speech he was imprisoned in year 1940 and his party was banned by parliament. Later released in 1943 but politically disgraced by his association with fascism.

Some hail the man as the best Prime Minister Britain never had while others claim he was another anti-Semitic in the books with Hitler and Mussolini.

Personally I believe he was a man who loved his people and wanted to best for his country but was misunderstood by the public.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oswald_Mosley - His wikipedia page

One of his most well known speeches that he made. ^

To bring this to a conclusion I would like to hear other peoples opinions on him and so any discussion is appreciated.
[Image: fc5d486605e9927d1db6571ea04f89bf.png]
A political, economic and social genius. His ideas could've prevented World War Two and helped the world to be a better place. A lot of people hate him because his party had the word Fascist-without researching any of his policies. His policies could've solved workers issues without a violent revolution, and prevented radical multiculturalism, among many other social issues.
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
(06-17-2018, 04:39 PM)Archer Wrote: A political, economic and social genius. His ideas could've prevented World War Two and helped the world to be a better place. A lot of people hate him because his party had the word Fascist-without researching any of his policies. His policies could've solved workers issues without a violent revolution, and prevented radical multiculturalism, among many other social issues.

link me them, just out of curiosity, wanna form a substantiated opinion - only briefly touched upon him in my A-level course. Also, policies are irrelevant when behind a party that has fascist leanings, it's a threat to democracy - same applies to left wing extremes
[Image: XDVtdgY.gif]
The following 1 user Likes mgdwszx's post:
  • juicyorange
Not sure if any of the claims of this website are actually true about Mosley but it gives an insight to some of his thoughts https://www.oswaldmosley.com/
The following 1 user Likes Fry's post:
  • mgdwszx
(06-17-2018, 05:46 PM)franku Wrote:
(06-17-2018, 04:39 PM)Archer Wrote: A political, economic and social genius. His ideas could've prevented World War Two and helped the world to be a better place. A lot of people hate him because his party had the word Fascist-without researching any of his policies. His policies could've solved workers issues without a violent revolution, and prevented radical multiculturalism, among many other social issues.

link me them, just out of curiosity, wanna form a substantiated opinion - only briefly touched upon him in my A-level course. Also, policies are irrelevant when behind a party that has fascist leanings, it's a threat to democracy - same applies to left wing extremes

Mosley heavily supported a parliamentary system-but with voting based on your job unions rather than locality which he envisioned as a medieval system. As a very rough example, dentists vote for a dentist MP. On his economic policy, he was pretty third-way, with improvements in standards of living of workers but government cooperation with corporations at the same time. I think he was kinda a protectionist, seeing as he opposed British corporates using Africa as their sweatshop thus putting British workers out. I cannot say if Mosley is a full democrat-I doubt it myself as he was an open monarchist and supported a one party statebut he certainly is not the Hitler fan mostly said to him.
+rep
facist anti-Semitic hitler wannabe cretin, that is my personal opinion of him.
(06-17-2018, 08:06 PM)juicyorange Wrote: facist anti-Semitic hitler wannabe cretin, that is my personal opinion of him.

Fascist*
Anti-Semitic well I cannot deny that he was prejudiced against Jews
Hitler wannabe, I'm not so sure. Mosley was a monarchist and was in favour of a parliament. Not really Hitler-esque
+rep
(06-17-2018, 08:06 PM)juicyorange Wrote: facist anti-Semitic hitler wannabe cretin, that is my personal opinion of him.

https://www.oswaldmosley.com/question-wh...-the-jews/
FL forums as source for a school project? LUL
(06-17-2018, 11:04 PM)Fry Wrote:

https://www.oswaldmosley.com/question-wh...-the-jews/

tbh, my opinion on him will never change, I have seen what he has done and getting me to like him is like getting me to like hitler. I’ll show you some photos so we can compare how he idealised Hitler and wanted to be him in general, but the failure that Mosley was, he never actually got into power, thank god for that. The monarchy wanted nothing to do with this impersonating imbecile who clearly hated Europe.