Punishments
(06-07-2018, 08:20 PM)Random Wrote: Punishments are deemed differently by every staff member. Imagine if every single ban was to be discussed by 2 or more administrators, that would be ridiculous. It is not that each case is different, because they can be similar. It's that each staff member is different, we do not share the same opinions on certain things.

When punishments are handed out, we (well, at least I) take everything into consideration, bans, blacklists, hours... And so on... Which usually leads to different ban lengths.

But how is that fair towards the playerbase? The rules shouldnt be a matter of opinion, but of facts. I dont expect that you guys come up with exact the same ban length but in my opinion the ban lengths are simply differentiating too much lately.

Cant each 'offence' be categorized and each catagory given a certain ban period, with a maximum punishment and minimum punishment so that the punishment arent dependent on which staffmember youre dealing with.
The following 2 users Like Baskingner's post:
  • juicyorange, Ethan Bradberry
(06-07-2018, 08:31 PM)Baskingner Wrote:
(06-07-2018, 08:20 PM)Random Wrote: Punishments are deemed differently by every staff member. Imagine if every single ban was to be discussed by 2 or more administrators, that would be ridiculous. It is not that each case is different, because they can be similar. It's that each staff member is different, we do not share the same opinions on certain things.

When punishments are handed out, we (well, at least I) take everything into consideration, bans, blacklists, hours... And so on... Which usually leads to different ban lengths.

But how is that fair towards the playerbase? The rules shouldnt be a matter of opinion, but of facts. I dont expect that you guys come up with exact the same ban length but in my opinion the ban lengths are simply differentiating too much lately.

Cant each 'offence' be categorized and each catagory given a certain ban period, with a maximum punishment and minimum punishment so that the punishment arent dependent on which staffmember youre dealing with.

This was often the case back in 2016 with the older staff team after the split.

FearRP - 12 Hour Ban/6 Hour Ban (If user is new)
FailRP - 12 Hour Ban/6 Hour Ban (If user is new)
Powergaming - 12 Hours Ban/ 24 Hour Ban (Dependent on situation)

These are just some of the punishments (I don't think this was a specific quideline, however it was somewhat known between the Staff and Community that these were the punishments) , and they were fair. There was no sense of unfair or bias punishment as it was very similar between everyone, and in my opinion, it worked well.
The following 2 users Like Create's post:
  • Grape, juicyorange
(06-07-2018, 09:16 PM)Create Wrote:
(06-07-2018, 08:31 PM)Baskingner Wrote:

This was often the case back in 2016 with the older staff team after the split.

FearRP - 12 Hour Ban/6 Hour Ban (If user is new)
FailRP - 12 Hour Ban/6 Hour Ban (If user is new)
Powergaming - 12 Hours Ban/ 24 Hour Ban (Dependent on situation)

These are just some of the punishments (I don't think this was a specific quideline, however it was somewhat known between the Staff and Community that these were the punishments) , and they were fair. There was no sense of unfair or bias punishment as it was very similar between everyone, and in my opinion, it worked well.

I can specifically tell you right now that was not the case lol, no idea how you’ve come up with this?

“Somewhat known” no no no no no it wasn’t.

With all due respect, unless you’ve been Staff here, you generally have no idea.
The following 5 users Like Falc's post:
  • Dimitris, Tomo, Random, Pear, Grunt
(06-07-2018, 07:05 PM)juicyorange Wrote:
(06-07-2018, 06:30 PM)MrFinnConlon Wrote:
(06-06-2018, 08:22 AM)CorieTheNub Wrote: I think the problem is, this admin team is by far the most corrupt and biased team there has been on FL. Everyone sucks up to them. Admins perform favours to players. If a player is liked by an admin, they will issue a smaller punishment than to a player who they don’t see eye to eye with.

Admin’s will issue a player with a 24 hour ban for breaking an in game rule such as; not following an order under FearRP or prop killing. But when it comes to players disrespecting players there doesn’t really seem to be a justifiable punishment.

I regularly pop on Fearless to have a bit of fun, mellow out after work and just catch up with some online friends. I (using myself as an example) shouldn’t have to come on and be harassed and disrespected in such a way that I haven’t wanted to connect to the server. I am not homosexual so the insults did not offend me , but could have been very disrespectful towards other players who may have heard.

If you bully someone in school, you are suspended. Because bullying, harassment and being disrespectful is never  tolerated. Why should we have different standards? A 4 Hour OOC blacklist is all someone gets for homophobic harassment. I have played longer than 4 hours and not spoken to someone. Doesn’t really feel like a punishment, because they are still playing.

I feel players shouldn’t have to worry about other players being nasty in OOC. I shouldn’t have to come on and witness players being harassed. #longerpunishments4harassment

If this is such a big problem that you make it out to be, why don't you have any evidence to bring to the table?

These threads really annoy me, they have very little meaningful discussion to the table and don't inspire a resolution to the 'problem'. The only guaranteed outcome is it just encourages more whining.

Rarly someone does make a coherent argument that is reflective of the truth,  but it still doesn't lead to a grown up discussion. 

If you have a problem send a PM to the relevent people.

ok lol, remember when you blacklisted me for like a few hours for calling a person an "arsehole" when they broke fear rp, they didn't even get punished, they had like 200 hours. I had 700+ so I was blacklisted.

good unbiased decision!

Let's stay on topic! Thanks.
(06-07-2018, 08:23 PM)Joe Joe Wrote: I see no problem with current Punishments. You be lenient with those who are new and inexperienced as they are unable to know all the rules in 5 hours, punish those who should know better. Loyalty shouldn't even play in the situation; and the corruption card is off the table. The staff punish how we see fit and dependant on the situation and players with a lot of hours should know the rules good enough, if it was clearly a mistake and a minor one maybe the staff member will kindly not punish you however when blatant rules are broken and the player has plenty of hours a 'slap on the wrist' doesn't really teach them anything. Sometimes you must be cruel to be kind and even though I am not the biggest fan of bans as for new players especially it doesn't really work they need to be taught. Educate them and hope the situation doesn't re-occur. Its not corruption, its just what we all deem fit.

Although I do agree with you on some of your points.. I totally disagree with this part:"I see no problem with current Punishments."
If you bothered to check what I wrote you would have seen that I brought up a recent example of unfair punishments. While a member of the community got a 9months ban for mocking someone for his height,Yulia got a short 6 hours blacklist for being homophobic and just harassing Corie over and over and over again non stop calling him a fagg*t. I just find that ridiculous really.
(06-07-2018, 08:23 PM)Joe Joe Wrote: I see no problem with current Punishments. You be lenient with those who are new and inexperienced as they are unable to know all the rules in 5 hours, punish those who should know better. Loyalty shouldn't even play in the situation; and the corruption card is off the table. The staff punish how we see fit and dependant on the situation and players with a lot of hours should know the rules good enough, if it was clearly a mistake and a minor one maybe the staff member will kindly not punish you however when blatant rules are broken and the player has plenty of hours a 'slap on the wrist' doesn't really teach them anything. Sometimes you must be cruel to be kind and even though I am not the biggest fan of bans as for new players especially it doesn't really work they need to be taught. Educate them and hope the situation doesn't re-occur. Its not corruption, its just what we all deem fit.

Why shouldn't loyalty play in the situation? Admins should value the loyal active players and not use their experience as a reason to ban them for a much longer than usual time. It puts players of playing more, and returning, maybe knowing the fact that if they fuck up they're gone for a while. Reward loyal players, don't give them harsher punishments. I'm not saying don't punish loyal players at all, just keep in mind that they are the ones keeping the server alive, give them normal bans.
(06-07-2018, 10:04 PM)Ethan Bradberry Wrote:

Why shouldn't loyalty play in the situation? Admins should value the loyal active players and not use their experience as a reason to ban them for a much longer than usual time. It puts players of playing more, and returning, maybe knowing the fact that if they fuck up they're gone for a while. Reward loyal players, don't give them harsher punishments. I'm not saying don't punish loyal players at all, just keep in mind that they are the ones keeping the server alive, give them normal bans.

It sounds like you are suggesting that punishing newer players for long periods is a smart idea? If so, that is even worse. Banning newer players for a long time is going to put them off completley. I won't use loyal, but instead experienced players. Experienced players should know what to do, and what not to do (Especially if they have 1000+ hours).
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
The following 2 users Like Random's post:
  • Dimitris, Joe Joe
Why don't some people use common sense?

You don't punish new players for a small rule breakage, you guide them.
You don't punish loyal, old or players with many hours for a small mistake, you have a word and tell them to watch it.

You only punish players if a talk does not help, if they break certain rules on purpose or if they only join to mess around, is that so hard to understand? If it is hard to understand, and you're in charge of what punishments people get, do us all a favour and resign, because obviously you lack common sense.
The following 8 users Like Jan's post:
  • Eclipze, CorieTheNub, sebasti161, Random, Willem de Walrus, Legion, Weezy_, MasterNoda
No corruption in the admin team? Wasn’t there a case the other month when a staff members allowed players to vote on a ban length of a player? 

[Image: 25331_DA1-7_BDA-42_AE-9_C14-1_C152776_D304.jpg]
(06-07-2018, 06:37 PM)Venom Wrote:
(06-07-2018, 04:13 PM)sebasti161 Wrote: i miss pre-split staff team

miss u 2

<3
The following 1 user Likes sebasti161's post:
  • Venom