Punishments
(06-11-2018, 07:10 PM)CorieTheNub Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 07:05 PM)The Killroy Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 07:02 PM)CorieTheNub Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 06:48 PM)The Killroy Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 06:43 PM)CorieTheNub Wrote: Well rules like that dont really change XD. Mass RDM/CDM has always been a striaght up bannable offence. I am on about small FearRP/FailRP breaks etc

You saying its okay to ban the disabled for no reason?

Oh That’s what you meant... I guess when you are in the sit you can express that you did not know you were doing any wrong

"Its your responsibility to know the rules", they did it to Leon who is severely ultra-disabled and and they did it to my few disabled friends on here. Its very disrespectful and rude.

I think younger players shouldn’t be given harsh punishments. Like Willem said, he talks to them and suggests ways they can avoid breaking the rules. I started playing FL when I was 14ish. How I played the game then to how I play it now is completely different. Takes time to learn how to play.

Some disabled people can't properly comprehend the rules but love being able to roleplay (like myself as I have severe aspergers), should we be punished for things we cannot fully understand due to a disability?
(06-11-2018, 07:14 PM)The Killroy Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 07:02 PM)CorieTheNub Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 06:48 PM)The Killroy Wrote: You saying its okay to ban the disabled for no reason?

Oh That’s what you meant... I guess when you are in the sit you can express that you did not know you were doing any wrong

"Its your responsibility to know the rules", they did it to Leon who is severely ultra-disabled and and they did it to my few disabled friends on here. Its very disrespectful and rude.

I think younger players shouldn’t be given harsh punishments. Like Willem said, he talks to them and suggests ways they can avoid breaking the rules. I started playing FL when I was 14ish. How I played the game then to how I play it now is completely different. Takes time to learn how to play.

Some disabled people can't properly comprehend the rules but love being able to roleplay (like myself as I have severe aspergers), should we be punished for things we cannot fully understand due to a disability?

See this is what the thread is for. I think admins should take any type of disability into consideration. Maybe teachers can help aid players who man not be able to completely understand the rules. That’s what the teachers are there for. To help and assist the server.
The following 1 user Likes CorieTheNub's post:
  • Wolven
(06-11-2018, 07:18 PM)CorieTheNub Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 07:02 PM)CorieTheNub Wrote: Oh That’s what you meant... I guess when you are in the sit you can express that you did not know you were doing any wrong

See this is what the thread is for. I think admins should take any type of disability into consideration. Maybe teachers can help aid players who man not be able to completely understand the rules. That’s what the teachers are there for. To help and assist the server.

I know when I was a teacher I helped Leon when he was constantly bullied and harassed for his disability, called all sorts of names. He messaged me maybe twice a day and I would always respond and be sure to contact the admin and sit with him in Teamspeak until the admin turned up and helped (he couldn't write out player reports as typing was hard for him with him severe disability). I generally feel right now the teacher team doesn't do enough to help players.
The following 3 users Like Deleted User's post:
  • juicyorange, sebasti161, Dimitris
(06-11-2018, 07:30 PM)The Killroy Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 07:05 PM)The Killroy Wrote: "Its your responsibility to know the rules", they did it to Leon who is severely ultra-disabled and and they did it to my few disabled friends on here. Its very disrespectful and rude.

I know when I was a teacher I helped Leon when he was constantly bullied and harassed for his disability, called all sorts of names. He messaged me maybe twice a day and I would always respond and be sure to contact the admin and sit with him in Teamspeak until the admin turned up and helped (he couldn't write out player reports as typing was hard for him with him severe disability). I generally feel right now the teacher team doesn't do enough to help players.

I fully agree with you. Especially some certain teachers do absolutely nothing and are not even active.
(06-16-2018, 01:45 PM)Dimitris Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 07:30 PM)The Killroy Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 07:10 PM)CorieTheNub Wrote: I think younger players shouldn’t be given harsh punishments. Like Willem said, he talks to them and suggests ways they can avoid breaking the rules. I started playing FL when I was 14ish. How I played the game then to how I play it now is completely different. Takes time to learn how to play.

I fully agree with you. Especially some certain teachers do absolutely nothing and are not even active.

Yep, only reason those few don't resign is out of pure selfishness and greed.
(06-06-2018, 08:44 AM)Jan Wrote: It's painfully clear a lot of people in the staff team are biased, unproffesional and don't give a damn about FL.

Players receive a short blacklist for joining to constantly harass others, some staff members even side with these type of players, yet other players (not just me) receive a long ban for making a small IC mistake.

Players that have been here for ages, saw entire staff teams come and go call out the current team for being the most biased, abusive and unproffesional team there has ever been, yet you have the guts to defend yourselves and make fun out of the players that call you out? Grow the hell up.

Couldn't have said it any better myself Jan.

Lets use some examples.

I was banned for 6 months (reduced to 5 months) for raiding without a government pass even thought we roleplayed it out as i couldnt get one(long story).

I then see someone banned for extreme racism and homophobic both OOC. This gets a 2 month ban.

One is blatanty there to RP, simple mistake IC, the other is there to just be a c unt. But they get a lighter punishment.

It would be nice to get some sort of explanation from the staff team whats going on regarding the punishments being handed out. Because i and many others dont have a clue.

SIDE NOTE: Im not looking for sympathy by using my ban as a comparison i just know it very well so i can compare it to others easily.
perqe
Donator

[Image: PywvXUS.gif]