'Official' clans
So after what we've learned that the Lombardi Family lost its 'Official status' for not being active enough we have returned to the point where there are 0 official clans again. It feels very whiny to bring this up again but i cant press enough how much FL can potentially gain if the 'official' clan system if something is actually done with it.

From what i understood the Lombardi family never did an RP once and was purely forum based? If thats the case it shows how poorly the current status of our Official tag is. There are plenty of people who are doing hard work to make their clan big, active and this is something FL can profit from (by gaining a more active playerbase) and i just dont understand why the team isnt helping these clans?

You have the means, you have the people, whats holding you up?
The following 3 users Like Baskingner's post:
  • Wolven, Fro[Z]en, ryan!
How can you constantly reply to this thread claiming that Active Clans and Clans that RP often which expands their story will get Official?

There is more than one clan right now that is Active. Has 7+ members on every day and does RPs regularly. But I don't see them in Official.

And even then. How can the 2 Clan Officers that have replied to this thread even deem a Clan active considering your own inactivity? If anything I've never seen DVN on recently. And It's not like I only played 3h on a day. And Joe Joe is sometimes on but  usually when he is it is when many admins are and he does Lucky 7 RP.

How are you two capable of knowing if a Clan is active?

The only Clan given official as of late was a clan that didn't RP. And simply had their jobtitles there but did nothing? So is that what we should do to get Official? Is this the unique RP that extends the backstory you've been talking about?

No matter what you do just always have your jobtitle as your clan. Then when you get official you can start RPing?
There are so many things wrong with the official rank.

1. There are no good perks for earning official
2. Official is solely based on what the admins think of your clan
3. The clan officers haven't seemed to care about clans until yesterday with DVN finally doing something

1. What do you get when you receive official? An official forum and a discord server. The problem with this is with the forum, most clans will use a steam group instead. And every clan is going to use a personal discord server instead of FL. None of these two things are even worth it. All you truly get is the "prestige" of having an official clan which is basically impossible to achieve anyway. This is what makes the Lombardi situation the most interesting because Lombardi only had 3 members in the clan and never rped on the server. There is no prestige.

We should be adding updates that help expand clan rp. My personal favorite suggestion for perks is having custom skins for each official clan. Admins can do this already by changing the skin of each member in their clan which is what we did originally in Ace Industries. If you were to get a skin of your choice when you get official would be super cool and would then distinct each group due to their skin.

Another thing that could be added is something we actually had here a long time ago. Territory claims. Each official group was able to claim a specific area on the map. Have it be Big Bills or Villa 1 and that was their official base location. No other clans were allowed to use that building as it was owned by a certain group. And if for example I really wanted Big Bills, but Ghostkiller owned it. I could challenge him for it. If he would concede or lose I would gain the rights to that building. This didn't happen often, but you would see group sell each other locations and would overall increase clan interaction.

These are just two different things you could do to liven up clan rp. Who knows how many other things could be added to make it more worth it to be official.

2. If you look around the clan world at this current time. Like you said Baskingner, there are no official clans. But there are a couple really active clans. Crimson Order is highly active and has a huge player count. Poseidon Corporation is another active group with a decent player count. And lastly, the Capone Family is an active group was a decent player count. The problem is why do none of these clans have official?

The Crimson Order, in my opinion, is probably going to be given official here within the week to compensate for the fact of there being no official clans anymore and they need to fill the void so threads like this don't show up. But tell me, why haven't the Crimson Order been given official status yet? They have over 40 members, are on daily roleplaying, and have been a clan for years. Why is that not good enough? I'll tell you why. Because it doesn't matter how active you are or how many members you have. It the staff team doesn't like the type of rp you do or the people in your clan, you don't get it. It is as simple as that.

This is why I am still going to stand by what I said on the first page of this thread. Everyone should get official after hitting some base qualifications. You have at least 5 members, you have a nice clan page, you have been a clan for a month or two months time, and you do not minge around in the clan. Now the clan officers job is to make sure the clans follow these standards and instead of focusing on which clans should get official, they can focus on which clans shouldn't get official. If a clan is inactive for a certain amount of time they lose it but can get it back once they are active again etc. The more official clans the more interaction you will see between clans. If it is easier to obtain official you will see more clans being made. As of right now, it is a joke and Lombardi showed that.

3. This isn't going to be a bash on the clan officers, however, they are at fault for all of this. Before the removal of my official, I spoke with DVN about it. He said he has been inactive for a while which was visibly true. And now that he is back things are going to change. Hopefully, this is true, but DVN also manned up and said that they messed up for giving it to Lombardi. And before anything comes up regarding this. I have never once said I deserved to be an official clan. Numerous staff members knew how big of a joke this was and if they want to say anything here they are more than welcome to, but I am not going to name drop.

I am glad that DVN has stepped up and accepted fault for this. However, Joe Joe has yet to. Last night he is still saying that he saw
Quote:[7:19 PM] Joe Joe: We had seen Lombardi RPing and didn't take any of the posts on the page into consideration until towards the end
I don't know how someone who cannot even face up to a stupid error like this can even still be considered a clan officer. And to be completely honest Joe Joe if you can't admit that you were just completely fooled by our great forum posts, you should step down. If you want, message me on discord and we can talk about this. I can provide you with people who will tell you I was never on. I can also provide with you DVN and I's conversation if he would be okay with that and show you all the discrepancies between what you said to me last night and what DVN said. What I truly expect is for you not to respond to me or this thread and just continue doing a poor job. But that is your objective, not mine.
Point 3 turned more into a rant about how poor our officers have done than constructive criticism. But either or, the first 2 points are completely valid to improve the overall clan system and hopefully are taken into thought.
The following 1 user Likes Fultz's post:
  • Grunt
In my opinion there is not a lot of perks to acquire when receiving the official tag which why I don't think many clans strive to achieve their maximum potential. In fact, in my opinion, the clan seen has never been so low. Maybe DVN and Joe Joe it's best to look at how can change this. Potentially adding more perks when receiving the rank would help push clans to join the server!

Also, there's no clan beef!
What's the point of more perks if no clans will be given the Official Rank anyway apart from a clan that has admitted to not even roleplaying?

As for the no clan beef... Capone currently has 2 enemies? How is there no beef. Problem is just that there are only a handful (well 3 to my knowledge) big clans that actually are capable of it.
As a clan leader I think I will weigh in on this.
I believe official is given if people rp regularly and correctly the same as their clan back story.
Crimson have done alright with this tbh, Poseidon not so much tbh and well we haven’t focused on this yet.
Running a clan and growing a clan take time, official should be earnt.
I feel we are not at the stage yet to receive it, but I intend to roleplay more on the backstory soon.

I believe what you get from official status is little to nothing apart from bragging rights.
I find it silly you can’t have your clan applications on a separate thread, it’s less cluttered but I understand this is reserved for official clans only.

I think the leader of an official clan should get a prop raise automatically to 100, this would show that earning official has good benefits.
What does everyone else think?
Maybe a different colour name for official status leader?

Btw was not offending Poseidon you’re just too early like us to be at official status.
The following 2 users Like Aspire's post:
  • Link, Archer
(08-07-2018, 11:04 PM)Aspire Wrote: As a clan leader I think I will weigh in on this.
I believe official is given if people rp regularly and correctly the same as their clan back story.
Crimson have done alright with this tbh, Poseidon not so much tbh and well we haven’t focused on this yet.
Running a clan and growing a clan take time, official should be earnt.
I feel we are not at the stage yet to receive it, but I intend to roleplay more on the backstory soon.

I believe what you get from official status is little to nothing apart from bragging rights.
I find it silly you can’t have your clan applications on a separate thread, it’s less cluttered but I understand this is reserved for official clans only.

I think the leader of an official clan should get a prop raise automatically to 100, this would show that earning official has good benefits.
What does everyone else think?
Maybe a different colour name for official status leader?

Btw was not offending Poseidon you’re just too early like us to be at official status.

this reply is pretty much saying 'hi clan officers we are roleplaying just letting you know we are RP'ing yeah we RP a lot yeah roleplay? yeah thats us we always do that you know clan RP? yeah that's us, always. official pls?'

give official clans their own model/an armband with their logo on it to signify their clan in RP's etc
simple easy and wanted wallop add it somebody make a suggestion
The following 4 users Like JackZ's post:
  • sebasti161, Weezy_, BasicallyMental, Grunt
funniest thing is that Fultz 'the don' was posting 'good Rp today guys' for a good 1-2 months and didn't join the server once, because of these posts he got official status.
The following 1 user Likes JackZ's post:
  • mgdwszx
(08-07-2018, 11:33 PM)JackZ Wrote: funniest thing is that Fultz 'the don' was posting 'good Rp today guys' for a good 1-2 months and didn't join the server once, because of these posts he got official status.

u ruined it for everyone else that wanted to get the official tag easily.

good job irish boy... ffs
The following 1 user Likes S!RNARC's post:
  • Weezy_
Can the clan officers comment on this whole situation? I havent heard a single player or clan who is happy with the current state of the [official] tag. People in this thread arent here to bash administrators but want to give genuine feedback and idea’s yet are seemingly ignored.

Ive read some very good suggestions that could bring new life into the clan world. Are the staff discussing these and could the community be more involved in this? A large discussion in Discord regarding the issue for example.