Poll: What map would you want to see on FL?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Evocity2_v5p
2.63%
2 2.63%
Rp_Evocity_Sexy_v3
19.74%
15 19.74%
Evocity_v2d
21.05%
16 21.05%
Pines City
51.32%
39 51.32%
Chaos City
2.63%
2 2.63%
Undecided/It doesn't bother me.
2.63%
2 2.63%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[Unofficial] The Next FL Map?
(05-06-2018, 09:08 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: I've tested out Pines. I expected more of it. It feels big and empty, and some buildings look like they're made in a day.

With it feeling empty, that's what enhances it from others - much more personalization going into buildings and shops.

The "town hall" second floor, for example, that's where everyone personally can bring their own taste to it as a president.
The following 1 user Likes Kevin's post:
  • Vegas_
(05-06-2018, 09:08 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: I've tested out Pines. I expected more of it. It feels big and empty, and some buildings look like they're made in a day.

Exactly this. Many of the buildings feel very plain and simple, no proper thought was put into texturing some of the buildings and I feel like the expansive roads are only going to create even less player interaction than what has taken place in V5P in the past few months.

Sure the highway is neat and all, but is it those things really what we are looking for? What we need is a map that will (potentially even forcefully) keep players together in a more compact space to enhance roleplay by ensuring that players are always in interaction with one another. I personally do not believe Pines City offers more than a "fresh experience". And that "fresh" feeling will be gone in a matter of weeks. Does V2D or "sexy" offer that experience? I do not know, people seem to claim all different sorts of things.

Like Fultz said; I do not believe we can get a proper conclusion out of merely discussing the differences between the maps and a simple vote. We need to put the maps on trial and give them a chance, so that every person, for or against, can test out the different maps and get the true experience. This experience will include performance testing, passive roleplay potential and agressive roleplay potential.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 1 user Likes Yonno's post:
  • Jan
(05-06-2018, 09:17 PM)Kevin Ramsey Wrote:

With it feeling empty, that's what enhances it from others - much more personalization going into buildings and shops.

The "town hall" second floor, for example, that's where everyone personally can bring their own taste to it as a president.

100% agree with you. The dumb props in buildings already, such as V5P, allow more creativity rather than having to build around world props.
(05-06-2018, 09:18 PM)Yonno Wrote: Like Fultz said; I do not believe we can get a proper conclusion out of merely discussing the differences between the maps and a simple vote. We need to put the maps on trial and give them a chance, so that every person, for or against, can test out the different maps and get the true experience. This experience will include performance testing, passive roleplay potential and agressive roleplay potential.

This
[Image: lewis-hamilton-silverstone2022.gif]
(05-06-2018, 09:17 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: The quality is not what I'm used to. Compare for example the Lobby of Evocity and Pines

[Image: e00f5ad94b.jpg]

[Image: 621d3f0757.jpg]

You do know that isnt the Government building right? Thats what they call the Office....
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<
The following 2 users Like Joe Joe's post:
  • Random, Luna
The Government building that you mean is very basic in regards of its design as well. No elevators (Simple stairs). A sleek interior without much detail, etc.

I respect all opinions but I don't personally understand what makes Pines City such a great map.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 2 users Like SoulRipper's post:
  • CorieTheNub,
Why is pines so voted, it's much bigger than V5P and at a full server, some places will be unplayable and most of the buildings wouldn't be used.
(05-06-2018, 10:16 PM)[FL:RP] Depress Wrote: Why is pines so voted, it's much bigger than V5P and at a full server, some places will be unplayable and most of the buildings wouldn't be used.

No, it is not bigger than V5P. Not at all. The roads just make it look big, if you look at the maps Siphon posted, there is a clear distance.
Whilst Pine City may be graphically smaller, it seems/feels like a much larger map (which is clearly not a good thing considering people complain about how large V5P is).
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Awestruck's post:
  • JackZ
Pines City will not succeed if it's voted as the main map - So many people are going to leave :sad face:
The following 2 users Like JackZ's post:
  • CorieTheNub,