AggressiveRP Talk [Humans only(was going to say men only but that is sexist)]
(05-05-2018, 03:25 PM)Grapefruit Wrote: I really don't see your logic with this buddy. What do you think criminals do? They have to buy guns and equip them just like police should. Police should buy heavy weapons and tactical accessories the same way criminals do, and drop them the same way criminals do. I don't understand how police will be super weak with this implemented. Criminals do that and they aren't too easy to kill, so why would the police? Because they're not, that's why. If you're using that logic, the police should be incredibly more powerful than criminals. It's all about the skill, not the fact you have to buy weapons or not. This suggestion is simply to have the government play more realistically since they would have to PvP with their own weapons, and therefore will be a more immersive roleplay and the government will actually care for their lives, the same way criminals do.

Give the paragraph a read over again buddy and actually take in what you read with an open mind.

Criminals don't drop their weapons when killed by police, but that's not really an important factor.

It used to be like this, where police used to have to buy their weapons (they only had their starting USP). In an ideal situation, this means that the police would buy their guns along with the criminals. The problem is that it didn't really work like that, you had the criminals who usually had galils out while many officers would just stick with their pistol. You can imagine just how unbalanced that was and I still feel like that's a reason AggRP thrived so much, as there wasn't much of a risk of them losing anything especially if you're in a criminal team. As it stands even with their free gear, police just refuse to raid anything that looks like they will die in, if their free stuff is removed then this will quite basically be every single raid. I really think it won't work out the way you want it to. 

Police would be limited to only being able to bring out an M4, a weapon which in your world they would have to pay for. This weapon is already inferior to criminals and they know they're already most likely going to die and lose the money they paid for it with. As such police quite simply do not bother to use any of their own weapons or if they do have their own weapons out they will simply not raid, as they will just die and lose it. Lets not even mention the fact that they may die due to CDM or a car crash and lose their M4 too. New(er) players who seem to make up a lot of the force will simply not be able to afford said weapons, they will also stick to their starting USP. It just creates a massive balance issue as criminals will be able to roam free, which is something that should not be happening in CityRP. Completely taking out the arms locker is not an option, it will just let criminals do anything they wish and won't be true to being a roleplay about life in a city. At most a tiny fee should be issued, as stated in my previous post about suggested changes.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork

Messages In This Thread
RE: AggressiveRP Talk [Humans only(was going to say men only but that is sexist)] - by Pollux - 05-05-2018, 05:52 PM