AggressiveRP Talk [Humans only(was going to say men only but that is sexist)]
(05-02-2018, 12:07 PM)DVN Wrote: Bringing back old players simply isn't an option and a very silly thing to request.

Old players move on and I highly doubt they'd return now just because we ask them to. I've only ever seen old players make an appearance for clan wars or clan/larger roleplays.

Contrary to that, some of the comments above are really good and something we should look into from a general issue perspective.

Old players may have moved on but that may be because the Steam group is outdated and dead. The current steam group has over 3000 players, and lots of the players are from the AggressiveRP background, I am certain that if any updates that support the AggressiveRP side (and Passive) of FL, that many players will come on and check it out. If we update the group and get some new administrators to sort it out, I am sure that would give us some more players, even if its only a few.

As for the original thread, I don't think its AggressiveRP that is dying, I think its roleplay itself, there is no longer any motivation for CityRP. Every Roleplay has been done, There are not many major updates being pumped out, and the life and soul of the server and staff team isn't there. As mentioned by myself in another discussion thread a few months ago, that spark that was once here needs to be relighted. The majority of aggressive situations, whether its a mugging, raid or burgle, often have the same outcome, either its the Dictator dying, or someone's contraband being stolen, there is hardly ever a situation that gives players motivation to continue a raid for more than 10-15 minutes. I remember back in December 2015, there used to be raids that last 40-50 minutes, and even though I am more of a passive roleplayer, it was great to see the battle and the outcome. I just hope we can think of something as a community to get that spark back into roleplay of all kinds. Cheese

Messages In This Thread
RE: AggressiveRP Talk [Humans only(was going to say men only but that is sexist)] - by Create - 05-02-2018, 06:17 PM