Laws becoming a .txt styling editing system.
(03-25-2018, 01:49 PM)Captain Barry Wrote: Here's a little assumption I've made as to why the law tab is the way it is. I might be completely wrong, so if James H is reading let me know if I'm right.

The reason it's in the current 1. 2. 3 style is because each law get's announced to the server when entered. This uses the chat window which has a max capacity as we all know.
To give you an example of what I mean, watch the text chat when the president types '/wanted'. The end of the sentence is cut off because part of the maximum characters limit has been used up by the '/wanted' command. So if the transfer to .txt is made, individual laws would not be announced to the public because it would try to announce the entire .txt file in one sentence.

I would assume the only reason it wasn't in a .txt format in the first place is because of the fact each law is announced in chat, and whoever created the laws section didn't have time to implement a workaround at the time.

If it's easy to change then sure, +support

Hello, an easy way around this would be to every time the laws are updated (by more than 10 characters - to avoid spamming announcement messages when editing small mistakes) is to announce a message saying something like: 

(Laws) New laws are being added to the F1 menu. Please view these as they are updated.

Or something along those lines, so players are still noted when new laws are added.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Laws becoming a .txt styling editing system. - by Create - 03-25-2018, 11:23 AM
RE: Laws becoming a .txt styling editing system. - by Narcotic - 03-25-2018, 02:25 PM