Unban Request Rules Update
Information 
G'day people.

I normally would not make a thread about a minor rule update like this, but I think the Unban Requests concern many people here, which is why everybody should be aware of this.

Why did I add a new rule?

We are receiving more and more request which do not feature any reason or evidence to unban a player, they are mostly consisting of apologizes for mistakes or declarations of love towards our server.
Yes, we do like receiving love and apologizes, however nice this is, it is not a reason to unban you because you were messing around.

Adding this rule will help solve unban requests faster, as we can deny them immediately without discussing about literally nothing for ages.

Won't this make it really hard to get an unban?

No.
Why? Unban requests like this got denied in 99% of the cases, just that we had endless discussions about them before the denial.

The rule (Rule No. 6, Rules for an Unban Request):

Quote:6. Do not write an unban request if you knowingly or unknowingly broke the rules.

Only write an unban request if you have a reason to, e.g.: you have been in a misunderstanding and got proof for that.
Unban requests which do not feature a valid reason, including evidence, and just contain content like "I am so sorry for what I did, please unban me." - "I love your server, please let me play again." will get denied.
Explanation for this: The Unban request section is made for people who have received an unfair ban, not for people who broke the rules and feel incredibly sorry now. If you did not know the rules: Ignorance is no excuse. You will have to live with the reaction to your action.

The ban you received is your punishment, feeling terribly sorry or loving our community does not make your rulebreak better. We like to see that people apologize for their mistakes, do that via PM to the admin, do not write an unban request, you will not receive an unban because you are sorry or fell in love with our server.

Writing an unban request without a valid reason for it will lead to an immediate deny of the request.
Source: http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php...07#pid9307

- Nudelholz
Dare to think!
(01-09-2012, 10:15 AM)Nudelholz Wrote: 6. Do not write an unban request if you knowingly or unknowingly broke the rules.

So essentially the only reason you can post an unban request is essentially if you were banned for something you didn't do, and have proof.

Things you can't post an unban request for: Make the accusation that the length of the ban is unfair or contest the interpretation of a rule. In both of these cases you knowingly, or unknowingly, broke the rules so therefore you should not contest your ban; correct?

Is that right?

(01-10-2012, 06:15 PM)komar1234 Wrote: So essentially the only reason you can post an unban request is essentially if you were banned for something you didn't do, and have proof.

Things you can't post an unban request for: Make the accusation that the length of the ban is unfair or contest the interpretation of a rule. In both of these cases you knowingly, or unknowingly, broke the rules so therefore you should not contest your ban; correct?

You are allowed to post an unban request if your ban was unfair, this includes a banlength which is far too high. For example a permanent ban for one single time RDM.

If you think a rule is not correct write a topic in Help & Support first, if admins see that you are right and the rule is going to be changed you can ask for an unban.

What I mean is, if you knowingly break a rule, it is quite obvious why you don't deserve an unban. If you did not know a rule and want an unban for that of course you won't get it, ignorance is no excuse. It is your responsibility to know them.
Dare to think!
I agree but the are things like rules that are there just almost silent and hidden from plain view which requires a bit of mooshing which the New RPers dont seem to want to do
Also Storm's mom is a hottie and Andreas and King Guami do her all day every day. -In memory of the biggest Troll Thread in FL history
I dont see anything wrong with this rule since most unban requests are not perma and there about the only ones that people basecaly that know it was a bad thing..you wont get permad for accidentally cdming someone lets say that..
The thing is that the unban requests are made for people who have received a ban which was unfair.

It is just not for people who broke rules, got their fair punishment, now can't play, but really want to. You don't get out of jail because you are really sorry and miss your freedom.

What you do is maybe getting an earlier release when you show a good behavior etc. meaning that if you have a very long ban you can try to get it shortened.
Dare to think!
I think admin abuse threads should be more strict, they are all rage threads and its tempting to say, Mistakes happen! and all of them are rage anyway >.>
[Image: headster-fade-1.gif]
Server Hours: 450
RP Points: 9

(01-11-2012, 03:29 PM)Headster Wrote: I think admin abuse threads should be more strict, they are all rage threads and its tempting to say, Mistakes happen! and all of them are rage anyway >.>

All of who? The Admins?
People that post Abuse threads are mostly rager's for getting banned and then turn it into an unban request, Admins are fine for me i see nothing wrong at anytime sure sometimes they have some fun why not? but im saying is that ive NOT Seen one abuse thread approved in the time ive been with fearless, not saying thats a bad thing but im saying is that more rules maybe needed in the abuse thread to stop people making rage posts etc
[Image: headster-fade-1.gif]
Server Hours: 450
RP Points: 9