Poll: V2D back as main server.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes!
56.86%
29 56.86%
No.
43.14%
22 43.14%
Total 51 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

V2D as main server
(03-17-2018, 08:55 PM)Coffee Wrote:
(03-17-2018, 08:54 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote: damn 9 pages? I +support V2D going main, SO many people get shit FPS on v4b1

Whats v4b1?

awkkks I mean V5P the big bloody map where everyone gets 20fps. Gonna be honest, I get more FPS on ARMA3 where the map is over x10000 times bigger and x300 extra shit to render
The following 1 user Likes User 12049's post:
  • JackZ
(03-17-2018, 10:13 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:
(03-17-2018, 08:54 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote: damn 9 pages? I +support V2D going main, SO many people get shit FPS on v4b1

Whats v4b1?

awkkks I mean V5P the big bloody map where everyone gets 20fps. Gonna be honest, I get more FPS on ARMA3 where the map is over x10000 times bigger and x300 extra shit to render

Can I have a list of your PC specs, sir?
pls rep so i can be famous like soulripper
(03-17-2018, 10:06 PM)Lewwings Wrote:
(03-17-2018, 09:48 PM)Coffee Wrote: We had two servers and one of them was v2d but no one played on it. So what has changed in the past couple of weeks that means everyone will now play on it?

Well, Coffee, here is why v2d has failed in the past, but with these specifications, v2d will be popular and played on again, like it should:

Spoiler :
From 2008 till 2015, v2d was one of the servers available to play on GMod Fearless, the community grew at an extensive rate and many became regulars, because of this, a second and eventually a third RP server was made for GMod Fearless. As well as other servers that FL hosted, both on GMod and others game, such as FL's TiTT server, and FL's Minecraft server(s).

The split of 2015 gave a heavy blow to the playerbase and numbers of those playing FL - some for half a decade! - and left. FL, as a result of the smaller playerbase compared to 3 years ago cannot fully fill servers with 75 player slots anymore. 

Since 2015, v2d has been up numerous times, but it had to compete with newer maps such as v33x, v4b1 and finally v5p. Newer players tend to join the other FL server (or "not v2d") as there they either know that map well or there is slightly more players playing on it than v2d. As a result, these new players break the balance and make v5p more popular. Other players, quite a few of them long-term and staff, then go over to v5p instead of v2d. This shrinks v2d's playerbase even more, leaving those who want a high fps rate, die-hard v2d fans, or old/nostalgic players who take every chance to play v2d on FL.

As General Rickets suggested, there could be 2 servers, both with 50 player slots. This would balance out the community enough and leave room for others or new players to join each server at an equal rate. Others have said a short trial of v2d being the only server is the way to go and see how it works it and if it is better this way. Lesanka has pointed out with a modernised version of the v2d map with a skybox and other map fixing features, with the rest of the map looking the exact same, is the best option if v2d were to return.

If v2d is resurrected again, with the above mentioned specifications of either 2 50 player slots, v2d main map trial, or a modernised v2d map edition or all is how v2d could thrive again.

Please, if you have any "plot holes" in this plan, let me know and I'll happily debate it here.

Thanks for the history lesson, but v2d is an ugly, old map, with bad textures & models and i see no place for such a map. its like rockstar changing the gta5 map to the original gta map because of nostalgia and better fps, and that is utterly stupid
The following 1 user Likes Coffee's post:
  • Luna
I have said time and time again, many things simply need to be put to rest. This map is one of them. It was bright back for about a week and failed again, as I predicted it would. Unless you want the whole community to go the way of the dodo, don’t do it.
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
[quote pid='742943' dateline='1521326949']
Coffee

Thanks for the history lesson, but v2d is an ugly, old map, with bad textures & models and i see no place for such a map. its like rockstar changing the gta5 map to the original gta map because of nostalgia and better fps, and that is utterly stupid
[/quote]

You cant compare a multi-million dollar company to a small GMOD community, you just don't.

We are wanting a change due to the stability of the server, roleplay experience on v2d.

Now you tell me, have a server which still looks old, not a good stability and not many roleplay buildings or a server which is optimised, better FPS and a variety of buildings for new and old players to roleplay in.
Wolven

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
I feel like people who say "This map was brought back recently and failed" are literally fucc king blind

MAP FAILED BECAUSE FL CANT HANDLE 2 SERVERS.

Also to adress few other things:
"People had a choice of 2 servers, but they chose V5p" - They chose it because they have no bloody idea that 2nd server existed, a lot of players online arent registered on forums, they just join the server and play it.

"It was recently added back, and people stopped playing it after a day" - Someone already mentioned snowball effect, people who arent forum lurkers, dont know about the server. Group of people play on V2d, but they cant get the same player count as V5p, so when someone sees 2 FL servers they will join V5p NOT BECAUSE OF BETTER MAP, BUT BECAUSE OF HIGHER PLAYER COUNT.
The following 1 user Likes Prosto's post:
  • Grape
(03-17-2018, 10:20 PM)Lt. Jeff Wrote:
(03-17-2018, 10:13 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:

Whats v4b1?

Can I have a list of your PC specs, sir?
GTX 1080 
i7 6700k (oc)
32 GB RAM
512 GB SSD

I've got a good PC
Just get the map back ez as that.

1. More FPS
2. Less more CDM without lagg spikes

The map was just better.
Aragorn
Fearless Community Donator