Government Overhaul
(03-02-2018, 11:00 AM)Grayhawk Wrote: I really like you bringing this up, Fultz. As someone who has played cop for about 85% of his 650h on fearless over the last 6 years (I don’t mean this in anyway snobbishly but just to emphasize that I am a government RP fanboy) I would like to offer maybe a cop’s perspective on this:

1. Arrest times for more than 15minutes.
I fully agree with you that this is an issue. I personally think it also lies with the lack of communication between police and presidents. I have wished to be able to put in a recommended time in the warrant and often do in the reason, but it’s mostly ignored. The president doesn’t know what exactly is going on and just, out of simplicity, issues a maximum sentence.
I agree that bringing back the jail guard requirement might solve the issue, although it pains me to say this because I enjoy the broader times you can give for different crimes. It doesn't feel a lot like a punishment getting 15min in jail, it’s just standard. When I am Police sergeant and have no president, then I usually hand out 2-4min sentences for petty crimes. I think that’s fine and should be the standard.
All in all, I think that we should think about WHY we are arresting PLAYERS. It’s not because we want to make them suffer, but because that’s the fun of playing cop. After that arrest baton hits, we forget about it. Unless someone has murdered half the server and arresting him becomes a vendetta, who really cares how long that player, you just busted for j-walking, sits in a cell?

2. Unrealistic Police
I so agree with you on this. It is unrealistic, and oh-boy would I prefer not to be carrying an M4 around. But sadly, with our current atmosphere on fearless, it’s necessary. Every single player is wielding an AK. We must fear every time we pull someone over that they will just get out and massacre us because we wanted to give them a 50$ ticket for running a red light. If you really want to fix this issue, then we must minimize the number of firearms on the server in general. Because without our m4s we would be pushed over by everyone, making the government no real challenge to the crime world.
I also think that our current balance of raids is quite good. When we are raiding a criminal base, it is very uncertain who will win. At least in my experience, the number of wins and losses have is about equal. When it comes to a successful nexus raid, it is usually a very well executed raid by the criminals, out-smarting the government, and that’s what I think it should be. How often do you hear about the raid of a government building in RL? Very, very rarely. Raiding the nexus should be a crown-achievement in my opinion and I think our current balance allows this. I remember the times we only had UMPs and pistols. There were 4-5 nexus raids a day. You would have groups of 4 renting out the offices on 2d and waiting for a law to come out that they could challenge and boom: Nexus Raid. After winning, they would return to the office and wait for the next one.

If what I suggested did become a thing, yes, deaths from petty criminals who kill you over traffics stops would become harder to deal with. However, killing you over traffic stops is RDM as it is unless they are on the run from worse crimes. 

I am not questioning the raid situation, that is why I believe that they should only be weilding these bigger weapons when going to a raid.  Could be changed for when there is a dictator since you are looking at nexus raids happening. I do not want this to give criminals an advantage, but remove the police from walking around with m4s. If it were set up that you can use the weapon locker to get bigger guns if there is a lockdown. I feel like that would be a feasible fix that could potentially fix the issue.

3. Weapons Locker
I cannot agree with you on this. Yes, we get free weapons, but for good reason. The major difference between cops and criminals is that the criminals can choose when, where, how and most importantly: if. Cops must respond to any raid, shooting, robbery if they can. Upon arrival, we are at the mercy of whatever is in store for us. When that is resolved by either death or arrest, we go to the next call. Police are engaged in shootings 24/7 because everyone is armed. We don’t get to choose what the situation is and against how many we are fighting. Criminals can choose when to strike, where to strike and what to strike, while the cops have the respond to it, even if we know it’s probably a lost cause.

If you feel like free guns that are undroppable for the government is needed. I suggest we do the same for the corleones and the rebels. Rebels and Corleones are in the same boat of not knowing how many they are fighting against when it comes to citizen groups. I still personally think making the weapons not free and you would either have to buy the gun from the locker or use your own gun is the simplier solution. But if we are going to keep the guns free, I suggest we allow the other groups to get free guns as well.

I can fully understand your issue with this. Problem is: a lot of people cry random arrest. If I had to wait for an admin every time someone does, I would be spending a good 15min on every single arrest. In some cases, I do understand it and when I read the warrants in chat sometimes I question why the president is accepting these ridiculous warrant reasons. I think we must find a middle-ground between having the ability to involve an admin but flushing out the "unwarranted" outburst of random arrest.

In my time, the way I use to deal with @ calls for random arrest. I would go to the player arrested (In jail) and hear him out. I would then pm the officer who arrested him, and judge their response. I would then unarrest or keep depending on the case. It still flushes out the unwarranted ones because you go to them and whenever they dont supply any reasoning, you just leave.

I am curious on what Others think, I am, again, very happy that you brought this up.

I am curious as well and honestly thought this was an excellent starting point for all points. All of these issues are easy fixes once we can all come to an agreement as to what they are. I just want to make it clear this is not a suggestion thread, but a discussion. I feel like discussions get a better response on issues instead of just making them myself in a suggestion. Greyhawk is the perfect example. I see cops from the outside and he just provided great reasoning from the inside. IMO the best option to fix issues.
The following 1 user Likes Fultz's post:
  • General Rickets

Messages In This Thread
Government Overhaul - by Fultz - 03-02-2018, 05:01 AM
RE: Government Overhaul - by Falc - 03-02-2018, 09:12 AM
RE: Government Overhaul - by Zona - 03-02-2018, 09:25 AM
RE: Government Overhaul - by Fultz - 03-02-2018, 09:33 AM
RE: Government Overhaul - by BasicallyMental - 03-02-2018, 10:05 AM
RE: Government Overhaul - by Fultz - 03-02-2018, 10:46 AM
RE: Government Overhaul - by Grayhawk - 03-02-2018, 11:00 AM
RE: Government Overhaul - by Fultz - 03-02-2018, 06:08 PM
RE: Government Overhaul - by Panda - 03-02-2018, 06:27 PM