Report: Desastro
I post this PR because Pringled is currently unable to get onto the forums, as he lost the password to his account.

Name of player: Desastro

SteamIDSTEAM_0:1:153565796

Time in GMT: 19:15/07:15 PM (18.02.18)

Server: v5p

Summary: 

Primarily, I accuse Desastro of metagaming (2.3 Do not Metagame. This means you cannot talk OOC (Out Of Character) while IC (In Character). You can't use OOC-obtained information IC either.) because of considerations 1 to 4.

1. Pringled and me were arresting Maeg (STEAM_1:0:37607556) for the in-character (hereafter: IC) reason that he threatened both our lives and our families in the slum apartments. During that arrest, which took a long time, the vice president (hereafter: VP) came to the scene. Desastro was the VP. It is noteworthy that Desastro came to the scene, because Maeg is his friend on Steam, as proven on picture 3 and the person with whom he is talking using VoIP in video 1. It is in no way a coincidence that Desastro came to his friend, but he was obviously aware of the location of his friend using out-of-character (hereafter: OOC) knowledge. The VP had no IC way he could know the location of his friend, because the only way would be if Maeg sent him an IC personal message, which would anyway be fail RP during an arrest with his hands cuffed.

2. The VP told he had received "complaints" about us being corrupt. Later, in the PR on Pringled he added that he came to the scene because we were "corrupt without stating it on [our] descriptions". Here Desastro admits he was mixing IC with OOC, because these descriptions are solely OOC knowledge.

"Basically I was a Vice President I went to see what's going on at slums since these two cops were being corrupt without stating it on their descriptions" (PR on Pringled)

3. During the conversation that followed after Desastro had arrived, Pringled and me told several times that we were talking OOC. That is clearly audible at 0:52 in video 1 and at 1:47 in video 2. Also the use of local OOC in the text chat by Pringled, as shown in picture 1, should hint a person with almost 750 hours of playtime that we understand and use the IC and OOC chat as it should be. That in combination with the fact that Pringled in voice chat said "are you his buddy or something", "fail RPing" and "[the reason for the arrest] is in the ****** chat" (all audible in the evidence), should hint a person with almost 750 hours of playtime that it is an OOC conversation as opposed to an IC conversation. Or am I in the wrong, thinking that terms like "fail RP" and "chat" are no terms that seem logical to be used in a comparable real-life situation? 

4. In response to the conversation that was taking place OOC, as reasoned in consideration 3, Desastro demoted Pringled. Demotion is an IC proceeding, that can in no way be used to deal with anything OOC. 

Secondarily, I accuse Desastro of fail RP, as reasoned in consideration 5 and 6, and/or a government member working together with someone from an underground job, as reasoned in consideration 6 (12.4 You cannot ally with the underground jobs.).

5. Desastro came to his friend Maeg, who was getting arrested. During his walk to the scene, the VP was not answering to the request for a warrant on his friend (neither accepting nor denying it), while walking across the most dangerous part of the city (slum apartments) without any guard to reach the place where his friend was getting arrested. That is fail RP, firstly because it is unsafe for and highly unusual for a VP to go to such part of town without security.

6. Also, the fact that the Desastro and Maeg are friends and that the two used OOC to share IC location, namely location and the details about an arrest, only leaves one conclusion: the two are actually working together. A significant fact to note is that Maeg is not just a citizen, but he actually carries the job title "criminal", as proven by picture 2. That means it is not only fail RP, but also an alliance with an underground job, since one can name a criminal someone with an underground job.

Evidence

Video 1 (https://youtu.be/nAdy2u1Etis)

Video 2 (https://youtu.be/2jpv8pizVBc

In this video my own voice has not been recorded, unfortunately.

Picture 1 (https://i.imgur.com/sDuYWil.png)
Also visible in the chat in video 2 during the first 8 seconds.

Picture 2 (https://i.imgur.com/O9bWjiI.png)

Picture 3
Every time I read this PR my testicles hurt, because it is indeed ridiculous to be posted.
1- Now having Maeg in my friend list is completely not against the rules. (I don't see why you taking a picture of my friendlist, you making yourself look intrusive)

2- When you stated the reason of the arrest you were making that cheeky grin and laughing around which makes you /suspicious/, so I managed to say "Are you bullshitting me now?" It doesn't have any thing with Maeg telling me why or how he got arrested, I was about to ask you the same question soon or regardless.

3- I actually got complaints through my clan radio from Maeg ICLY just before you started cuffing him and doing your corrupt moves without stating "Corrupt" in your description neither did your friend that got banned for multiple reasons, first reason being was being stupid and insulting me OOCLY and RDM.

P.S: "Basically I was a Vice President I went to see what's going on at slums since these two cops were being corrupt without stating it on their descriptions"
At this point I wash my hands off this situation, considering that you have a brain, I came in for an IC reason which is corruption but when posting my PR I noticed that ya'll weren't even RPing corrupt legally so I wanted to state "these two cops were being corrupt without stating it on their descriptions" to let admins know that you and your buddy broke enough rules for that night so i'm not mixing OOC with IC, I just wrote that in my PR and I wasn't going to slums for the purpose that you guys are RPing corrupt without having it stated in your description.

4- I already stated why I thought the conversation was IC.
-Your friend's harsh insults.
-You kept jumping around from OOC to IC to avoid me, now next time use .// for local chat so I can know when and how to interact with you.

5- Now, we are kinda repeating ourselves here, but I bet you are smarter than this, aren't you?
-You are aware that VPs don't get notifications about warrants and searches when there is an active president.

6- Now we are repeating ourselves way too much here, I already told you we were on a VOIP fair enough, but he shared everything with me IC through clan radio since we are in the same CLAN.
[Image: BRucdlG.png]
Hello,

You have been going in circles lately not leading to any conclusion. So regarding the facts that the PR is about, you, Desastro are being accused of metagaming. So let me put some points out here for you that we have proper proof for.

Quote:1 "It is in no way a coincidence that Desastro came to his friend, but he was obviously aware of the location of his friend using out-of-character (hereafter: OOC) knowledge. The VP had no IC way he could know the location of his friend, because the only way would be if Maeg sent him an IC personal message, which would anyway be fail RP during an arrest with his hands cuffed."

Quote:2 "The VP told he had received "complaints" about us being corrupt. Desastro admits he was mixing IC with OOC, because these descriptions are solely OOC knowledge." Being corrupt is an in-character situation and has no associaton with the OOC, unless metagaming has occured.

Quote:3 In the video - Desastro is clearly communicating with Maeg, in a metagaming way. When it is supposed to be an in-character situation. Desastro is stating that he is in-character, while seconds away, he was asking Maeg out-of-character through the voice chat outside the game. Maeg has no association with Desastro for the moment being as a vice, therefore no communication should be possible.

Quote:Desastro demoted Pringled. Demotion is an IC proceeding, that can in no way be used to deal with anything OOC. Pringled's situation have been dealt with in another report.

Regarding your point about Fail RP - 5 & 6,

You have no clear evidence with pictures and/or videos regarding Desastros way to the slums area alone as you are stating and the kind of "Fail RP" he broke. You have 24 hours to update me on it.

Thank you.
(02-23-2018, 10:12 AM)Kevin Ramsey Wrote: Regarding your point about Fail RP - 5 & 6,
You have no clear evidence with pictures and/or videos regarding Desastros way to the slums area alone as you are stating and the kind of "Fail RP" he broke.

Thank you for your response. 

1. Regarding my 5th consideration: I do not have any more video evidence on his way from the Nexus to the slums area, so I can not prove that he came there alone by giving you footage of him walking alone. Of course, as seen in the video, he was not unprotected whilst talking to us, because he was standing there with two police officers (me and Pringled) and with his friend, the criminal (Maeg). But because of Desastro his own statements, we can still conclude that he came alone and anyway not with us:
 "Basically I was a Vice President I went to see what's going on at slums since these two cops were being corrupt without stating it on their descriptions" (PR on Pringled)
He confirms that he came to the slums -- the place where people get mugged and where criminals live. He came to the two police officers, so he was not with them (us) during his walk to the slums. Therefore I believe my 5th point still stands.

2. Also my 6th point regarding the alliance of the VP with a criminal, in my opinion, still stands and does not require any further evidence. There is a VP and a criminal, both communicating through OOC means and also  -- as Desastro himself stated -- through IC means, namely the clan radio. And in addition to that, the VP came to the same location as where the criminal was to argue about the reason why the criminal/his friend is getting arrested. In my opinion, all those facts added up, this can only be seen as an alliance between someone in the government and someone with an underground job. All the evidence needed to prove that Desastro was the VP and that Maeg was a criminal, and that they were talking in to each other OOC was already proviced. Moreover Desastro his own statements regarding the use of clan radio can be seen as evidence as well. 

Quote:Desastro demoted Pringled. Demotion is an IC proceeding, that can in no way be used to deal with anything OOC. Pringled's situation have been dealt with in another report.

3. I would like to still point out, in response to this statement you made, that Pringled his situation has indeed been dealt with, but the falseness of the demotion itself was not a matter that has been noticed in that PR. The reason why I added that point (4) to this PR is because the demotion is a case of metagaming and/or even backseat administrating (in this case using an IC measure to solve OOC-rule breakage, namely demotion). So I think the demotion should remain part of this PR and thus I think my reasoning as stated in consideration 4 still stands.
1- Considering peace officers as VP's security, there is no rule that claims safe zones or criminal zones aswell. (No rule claims that slums is a criminal zone or whatever you managed to call it)

2- "3. I would like to still point out, in response to this statement you made, that Pringled his situation has indeed been dealt with, but the falseness of the demotion itself was not a matter that has been noticed in that PR. The reason why I added that point (4) to this PR is because the demotion is a case of metagaming and/or even backseat administrating (in this case using an IC measure to solve OOC-rule breakage, namely demotion). So I think the demotion should remain part of this PR and thus I think my reasoning as stated in consideration 4 still stands."

Here's :

"4- I already stated why I thought the conversation was IC.
-Your friend's harsh insults.
-You kept jumping around from OOC to IC to avoid me, now next time use .// for local chat so I can know when and how to interact with you."
Now stop complaining about that demotion, it was IC, learn in the future to not fool me by bunny hoping around between IC and OOC, understood?
[Image: BRucdlG.png]
(02-23-2018, 08:50 PM)Desastro Wrote: 1- Considering peace officers as VP's security, there is no rule that claims safe zones or criminal zones aswell. (No rule claims that slums is a criminal zone or whatever you managed to call it)

That rule is the rule on fail RP. You with near 750 houts of playtime should know that.
Posting On behalf of PapaAgreas
" I too have witnessed him metagame with someone called Quake, I heard them talk over the mic when i was mugging one of them, calling his friend for assistence. I later asked them and they admitted, i have video futage but PlaysTv is currently acting up so it may take me like a day"
Thank you very much for the clearing.

Desastro is guilty, for breaking this rule;

Quote:2.3 Do not Metagame. This means you cannot talk OOC (Out Of Character) while IC (In Character). You can't use OOC-obtained information IC either.

Due to not receiving any proper footage (proof) of the incident happening in the slums area, I cannot punish Desastro for;

Quote:9.6 You must roleplay your job accurately (i.e. do not pretend that you're a special ops soldier as a citizen or chef).

With that being said,

Someone of your calibre shall not break these kinds of rules, with the amount of experience you've got.
Desastro will receive punishment for the acts and I hope that you will learn this lesson.

Approved & Closed
Moved.
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]