Discussion - Recent survey questions
(01-03-2018, 01:27 PM)Balls Wrote: I feel like just about everyone is right in here, I've been reading through the comments and I can relate to most of them. The teachers are doing a worse job than ever. The teachers should stop focusing on answering /help calls, but start teaching people on how to do simple RP. A lot of new players join the server every day without any idea what RP is, never heard of /me and /it commands and therefore is lost in the big unfair world of Fearless.
New players needs help getting started, especially if they don't have a friend who already plays on the server. This is what the teacher team should focus on - To help new players. They don't really need a special rank to do this, but when a newbie meets someone with higher rank than themselves, some of them might be more willing to listen and learn about Fearless.
When I was a teacher, I remember that I met up with "newbies", gave them some stuff because I had too much shit, and then I tried to teach them how things worked. I created small RPs with them etc. Gave them an RPP if I felt like they at least tried, even if their RP sucks. I didn't expect a totally new player to learn how to RP like a "pro" in seconds.
On top of that I created RPs where I invited a bunch of noobs to join, why? Because I think it was fun to teach them.

As Falc and a lot of other people said, questions can easily be answered in OOC by everyone in the community. One doesn't need a rank to do this, I totally agree with this. But some players might find the answers more trustworthy if it comes from someone with a higher rank.
On top of that, the /help calls are somewhat secret from everyone else. The teachers are told not to leak the questions, but let's be honest, they do. And if they don't, they make fun of it in the Teachers office. It's almost a competition to find the funniest /help call, take a screenshot of it and post it in the office. And to be honest, they are hilarious.

As discussed, the teacher rank is a gateway to admin. Not that you will need to have teacher to get admin, but more eyes will be looked at you if you got a rank higher than Donator. The more people that are looking at you or playing with you, the more likely you are to get promoted to admin. I know a lot of people that applied to the Teacher rank hoping to get admin one day (Jonas).
I personally didn't apply to teacher to get promoted, as I didn't think I'd be able to fulfill the duty. But If I got asked to take the role, I would've been more than willing to accept it.

In conclusion, the role of the Teachers needs to be changed. I don't think it should be removed.
Get some teachers that are willing to do more than just answer /help calls. Or at least teach the current teachers how to.

I feel I don’t have to be taught how to do a role I’ve done for an added amount of nearly a year. Exactly what you said you’ve done is what I try my best to do as a teacher. I would be approached by new players, and they would ask me a simple question. If I had the time I would answer the question and try and give them a general introduction to the game mode and map. I would give them a small amount of money and tell them how to further get support if needed. I’ve visited RPs with new players and have witnessed some amazing RPs with the use of roleplay commands and them just being themselves and enjoying themselves. I’ve rewarded them for that and have given them advice for the future. 

I appreciate your comments and thoughts however and will try my best to better myself in the role.
[Image: dca8211526043e00aed8a728131842bc.png]
The following 1 user Likes TheMJ's post:
  • Balls

Messages In This Thread
Discussion - Recent survey questions - by Random - 01-02-2018, 06:59 PM
RE: Discussion - Recent survey questions - by DVN - 01-02-2018, 07:00 PM
RE: Discussion - Recent survey questions - by DVN - 01-02-2018, 07:42 PM
RE: Discussion - Recent survey questions - by DVN - 01-02-2018, 07:10 PM
RE: Discussion - Recent survey questions - by Cox - 01-02-2018, 07:37 PM
RE: Discussion - Recent survey questions - by DVN - 01-02-2018, 07:15 PM
RE: Discussion - Recent survey questions - by DVN - 01-02-2018, 07:24 PM
RE: Discussion - Recent survey questions - by Jan - 01-02-2018, 09:14 PM