[Solved] Listening for contraband
Question 
Hello, a lot of people on the server have told me that listening for contraband counts as metagaming however rule 10.1d says that hearing contraband is evidence.
What is the server's official position?
Hearing contraband is not metagaming as it is not OOC, whoever told you that is wrong. Hearing the destruction of contraband is a valid reason for arrest and whoever told you that it is metagaming is probably hiding contra themselves Wink.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

The following 1 user Likes Lewwings's post:
  • DMillion
OK cool thanks Smile it wasn't just one person who told me otherwise so I wasn't sure; it might be a fairly common misconception.
One time I was basing with a few people and we were setting up radios to mask the contra loading sound, but one member was convinced that the cops couldn't use the noise as evidence.
Another guy got angry that we raided his contra farm as he thought we heard the noise but his farm was in clear sight
The following 1 user Likes DMillion's post:
  • Lewwings
No problem, it is metagaming if the contra accidentally noclips through the wall and once again... they are hiding the contra!

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

Listening for contraband is not against the rules. If it does however, clip through a wall, you should not raid.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
You'll hear contra explosions all the time. And naturally if you were a cop I'm sure you'd be sent to examine a loud explosion lol.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Solved