Allowing citizens to spawn pots and seeds
-Support 
Would fuck the economy more than it already is. 

Stuff in spoiler is worst case scenario and unlikely to happen, but interesting to think about 

Spoiler :

Weed growing is stupidly easy to earn money on and you literally run no risk when doing so.
You often see people that have 40-50 pot farms right now when only underground jobs have access to spawn them, could you imagine what this would end up being if citizens could spawn them too?
People would end up with 200-300 pot farms in worst case scenario, performance wise this is already something that would bring up red lights. 

Pots don't get removed when people leave the server, this means the server could end up with thousands of pots on the server at the same time (worst case scenario, very unlikely) 

50 citizens? 
50*5 = 250 pots
250 * 3-5 = 750-1250 weed bags every 20 minutes 
750-1250*101 = $75.750-126.250 per 20minutes 

The scenario above wouldn't be unlikely as people would ask their friends to spawn in pots for them etc. 

With 75 citizens this would be 375 entities spawned in, when they don't despawn on disconnect this could get even worse.

HUGE +Support
-support
[Image: ETQjSgL.jpg]
Made by Me X | Give a Rep, You May Get Something in Return *wink* ,Click Here
Very situational. I would +Support the idea of citizens given weeds plants IF contraband was taken away.

In the UK there is an estimated 500,000 cannibis growers. These are everyday citizens.

On the other hand there is only 3000 million out of a whopping 36,000 million forged notes in circulation.

In conclusion, it seems much more common for citizens to grow weed rather than producing A class drugs and printing money.

Only a +Support if money printers and drug labs were to be removed from citizens.

Edit:

After reading SnowRedWolf's point I am in complete agreement. *U-Turn Alert* Huge -Support
The following 1 user Likes Centurion's post:
  • Cyclone
(09-15-2016, 08:53 PM).Panda. Wrote: Makes no sense? Let me put it simply, Make citizens allowed to spawn pots and seeds. Bad idea? I don't think so, It doesn't make sense that they are not allowed to spawn pots and seeds now, and people want this so...

This is why \/

(11-15-2016, 11:04 PM)SnowredWolf Wrote: -Support 
Would fuck the economy more than it already is. 

Stuff in spoiler is worst case scenario and unlikely to happen, but interesting to think about 

Spoiler :

Weed growing is stupidly easy to earn money on and you literally run no risk when doing so.
You often see people that have 40-50 pot farms right now when only underground jobs have access to spawn them, could you imagine what this would end up being if citizens could spawn them too?
People would end up with 200-300 pot farms in worst case scenario, performance wise this is already something that would bring up red lights. 

Pots don't get removed when people leave the server, this means the server could end up with thousands of pots on the server at the same time (worst case scenario, very unlikely) 

50 citizens? 
50*5 = 250 pots
250 * 3-5 = 750-1250 weed bags every 20 minutes 
750-1250*101 = $75.750-126.250 per 20minutes 

The scenario above wouldn't be unlikely as people would ask their friends to spawn in pots for them etc. 

With 75 citizens this would be 375 entities spawned in, when they don't despawn on disconnect this could get even worse.

+Support

It's not promoting aggressive RP, as Citizens who want contraband are already set to a Criminal custom job. All it's actually doing is limit them from performing tasks they should already be able to perform.

Additionally, Weed isn't always illegal, as the president is allowed to legalize it. If weed is legal, then the citizen should be allowed to grow and produce weed, as it's not presently criminalized, unlike contraband which is always considered to be illegal.

As for the concern about flooding the market, no one buys weed from one another to use at a rate that could be considered a market niche. The BMD is already nerfed and cannot produce contraband at this time. This effort would actually increase sales to BMD's serverwide, which if you play the BMD, you know it's exceptionally hard to make money at times without contraband.

Most of the economy here at FL is already rock bottom. Many players are running around with excess of 200 pocket space and a small arsenal. Most players over 200 hours have beyond that by multiples. The overall sale market these days is mainly filled by the random newer players rather than it is by the dedicated community player.
@Snowredwolf

Wouldn't it simply be smarter to have the pots despawn like contraband? That way organized "farmers" would actually have to do more than have someone log in via VPN and alt accounts to produce the pots?

Or the "legal" way to do it

Call their friend (msg/whatever) and have them come on, spawn the pots, then leave.

Both issues have happened and I'm sure the latter one still does.

The number of Entities might be a concern, but if it is, you presently have no system in place to prevent the issue you imagine could happen, and the idea of spawning in that many pots can presently happen, regardless of if one job can or cannot spawn them, as 3 jobs can, and the pots don't go away after you switch jobs or leave.

See the point? Either way, the 75 x 5 math exists now, except it's not limited on the 75 aspect. 75 is merely the limited number of people on the server, it doesn't include any previous pots.

If someone, (clans have done this), gets their friends to join, drops pots, hold job slot for next friend, then rotate them through, you are still going to have the 40-50 pot farms. I think the fact that you've encountered farms in excess of those numbers and not recognized that the issue has existed for years, is kinda shocking. I remember rolling up on an administrator, as a moderator, whom was in possession of over 200 pots, just on his one farm, not to include all of the other contrafarmers on the map at that time.
Approved
Done.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]