Banned For Swearing on OOC
Your name: Joey Skylynx

Your ban ID: 5772

Banned by: Toby

Server: Both

Involved: Everyone on the server was heavily offended by my rude and vulgar comment.

Why we should unban you:
I said, "Just don't be a vagina, and I won't smite you" all a sudden I'm getting banned for Swearing on OOC. I can't find in any nature how that comment can be twisted into belief of anything and seen as something which is genuinely swearing/offensive. Never did I direct nor inact a spite of hatred against anyone. This 24 hour ban? The action that got me banned is so minor and uncared for that it could pass the crowd as nothing.
Before you even ask, "Why did you post a thread for a 24 hour ban?!?" Because I tried contacting Toby directly, and indirectly[3 channels] and hes refused to contact me when I'm trying to figure out the situation. He never even issued a warning he just slapped me across the jaw and banned me flatout for a simple comment in regards to something about 'Fearmongering'
The word you use was C.U.*.T I wont stand for that, We have some young players on the server and that is offensive language.
If a young player is playing the game then they understand that they are going past ESRB ratings. You know... The M+17 for GMod?
Dont care. Its still offensive And doesnt change the fact there are children on the server sometimes.
+ Gmod is used in schools for children aged 12-17 and in some colleges so...
Swearing is inavoidable, and if someone were to actually take offense to one word which is not generally directed toward anything then they should voice their opinion over PM's with me.
The point is you called someone a vagina, which in my opinion is insulting a player, also admins word is law.
Eh, actually gmod doesn't HAVE an ESRB rating.. I checked when there were tons of 10 year olds around the server.

Although the stuff that goes on in our server, we should probably at least put a sticker of 13 on the loading menu.

Also the swearing stuff is... Objective. I'm fine if it's just a simple swear like "bloody hell" or "for fucks sake, got an inventory bug". But if you're directly insulting a player then I'm not cool with it.
(12-22-2011, 09:02 PM)Dryblood Wrote: The point is you called someone a ***, which in my opinion is insulting a player, also admins word is law.

I never called anyone a Cu*t nor did I try to direct it if it seemed like that....

What happened was simple....

Quote:User A: What do you mean don't warmonger?
Me: Just don't be a cu*t, and I won't have to smite you.
and people even laughed at my comment knowing I was just making a joke regarding the situation. If someone was directly offended then they could of just pm'ed me and I would of said sorry... I never intended to direct anyform of spiteful hatred towards anyone, I was simply just telling people not too be mingey.
Dude. I have seen people who are 10 year's old on the server, And I have a question. Who the F@$! say's C@^# as a joke? Is that suposed to be somekind of a sick joke or something? I have a friend who is 10 on the server and he witnessed you saying this. So why would you say somethign stupid like that? To be cool? Cause it's slang? Learn to talk without cursing first.
AND FAUSTIE: I totally agree with the +14 rating.
Ban expired.