Fearless Discord
Sent you a forum PM, Midget. This isn't the place for an argument.

OT: I love the Discord phone app, it's great. However I still miss TS, a lot and it won't be the same!
The following 1 user Likes Falc's post:
  • Envy
(06-03-2017, 07:55 AM)MOWAH Wrote: If you have to pay to talk in the discord then what's the point lol, I've donated myself but why should those who haven't be walled off lol

It's a work in progress and it's most likely to counter trolls, permed people and DA's.
They will most likely implement some sort of registration system where "Users" will be set to their belonged rank, and they'll most likely add a "Member" rank too, I assume. 

Give it some time, it's not easy to properly regulate and manage a Discord server for such a community from scratch.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
(06-03-2017, 08:21 AM)Yonno Wrote:
(06-03-2017, 07:55 AM)MOWAH Wrote: If you have to pay to talk in the discord then what's the point lol, I've donated myself but why should those who haven't be walled off lol

It's a work in progress and it's most likely to counter trolls, permed people and DA's.
They will most likely implement some sort of registration system where "Users" will be set to their belonged rank, and they'll most likely add a "Member" rank too, I assume. 

Give it some time, it's not easy to properly regulate and manage a Discord server for such a community from scratch.
If you haven't run a discord server, it's a lot easier.

The people before the admins decided to make it 'pay to talk' in short, the spammers spamming about Moly and snowred werenquicoyn gone of. I also just want to say, I talked with random as to why it's now basically donator only, it's because people used emoticons too much

Can't they realise players will suit to it and you don't need to pay for every damn feature to make people behave? You warn them, you ban them. You can restrict them via ranks, and after ban them. You can make people wait 10 mins before posting on join, you can stop spammers. It's all honestly ridiculous and it'd be nice for FL to realise what they are doing wrong here.
(06-03-2017, 08:28 AM)Prompt Wrote:

The people before the admins decided to make it 'pay to talk' in short, the spammers spamming about Moly and snowred werenquicoyn gone of. I also just want to say, I talked with random as to why it's now basically donator only, it's because people used emoticons too much

Can't they realise players will suit to it and you don't need to pay for every damn feature to make people behave? You warn them, you ban them. You can restrict them via ranks, and after ban them. You can make people wait 10 mins before posting on join, you can stop spammers. It's all honestly ridiculous and it'd be nice for FL to realise what they are doing wrong here.
Regards,

(06-03-2017, 08:37 AM)Yonno Wrote:

If it's a work in progress they're not doing a good job at it. If it's WIP make it closed or a open beta
(06-03-2017, 08:39 AM)Prompt Wrote:

If it's a work in progress they're not doing a good job at it. If it's WIP make it closed or a open beta

I can't even...
Regards,

After using it quite a bit now,

My Honest opinion is that yeah Discord is a good app.

Cleaner UI and being free and all but to me It just doesn't fit like I don't know how to explain it, It just doesn't feel right.
I still think Teamspeak is the better program especially for a bigger community. To me I feel like Discord is just mainly for a few friends not a large amount of people. But not my final decision I am going to continue trying it out.
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
The following 1 user Likes Envy's post:
  • Cox

I really don't understand what you're saying, it makes 0 sense.

It's a work in progress meaning be patient as we will encounter issues, the servers been live for literally 2 days. Also, what do you mean 'make it closed or open beta' it's a bloody Discord server not a brand new multiplayer game?

Just be patient and it will get sorted.
(06-03-2017, 08:55 AM)DVN Wrote:
(06-03-2017, 08:21 AM)Yonno Wrote: It's a work in progress and it's most likely to counter trolls, permed people and DA's.

I really don't understand what you're saying, it makes 0 sense.

It's a work in progress meaning be patient as we will encounter issues, the servers been live for literally 2 days. Also, what do you mean 'make it closed or open beta' it's a bloody Discord server not a brand new multiplayer game?

Just be patient and it will get sorted.

If the admins can't figure out how to handle normal players no one should be allowed on. It's a work in progress so why should we be limited?
I've been using it for a while now, I am growing a liking to it. But I still like teamspeak.
Regards,
Panda
NOT AN Administrator