Discussion on British Politics
(06-06-2017, 02:47 PM)Sharpshooter Wrote:
(06-06-2017, 02:44 PM)juicyorange Wrote:
(06-06-2017, 09:20 AM)Marty Wrote: Meh, it's a hard one...

The islands are kinda like your 18 year old little brother fresh out of school thinking he knows everything.

Sure he can open a bank account have his own money and try and be independent.

However when some older person or group of people starts to harass you all of a sudden he's asking you for help, your like nah bro thought your a big boy now, and he's like nah please remember that time we signed an agreement saying you would protect me about a thousand years ago. And your like fuck yeah what was I thinking.

That's kinda the relationship between Jersey & the UK. But only a fool would think Brexit won't affect them. No Common Travel Area, no Free trade (and yes your right Jersey does have a special relationship with the EU but it's only due to being a U.K. territory that'll be gone once Brexit) oh and no one hides their billions in Jersey lol.

People hide their money in a place with no relationship to the UK, including not enforcing U.K. warrants of seizure etc.

Wrong, this wonderful island I live on is a tax haven and offshore, I think I know since both my parents have companies in the financial sector. The relationship between Jersey and UK is that we are a crown dependency, the queen is the head of state and appoints a Lieutenant Governor, who is only the ceremonial representative of the queen, all our laws are made in Jersey and we have our own courts and police force. Our island does not have copyright laws for example while the UK does. Brexit will not affect Jersey as Jersey was never even in the European Union in the first place (ever), there is a trade agreement set in place instead so that the island may trade with EU countries, and it will remain that way even after Brexit is over.

You are only correct in the fact that we do not have any armed forces, however we won't be needing them anyway.

You have mistaken us for a territory like the Cayman Islands.

Still,you're not independent.Jersey's website literally states that.In any case,Brexit will affect it,as it is connected to the UK.

Yes, they're dependent on the UK, but not an entity aligned with it.
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor
democracy is overrated
señor de los anillos de plata
shitposter a nivel subatómico

Imagen de firma eliminada (demasiado grande) - DVN
The following 2 users Like lordofthesilver's post:
  • Prompt, Archer
(06-06-2017, 02:47 PM)Sharpshooter Wrote:
(06-06-2017, 02:44 PM)juicyorange Wrote:
(06-06-2017, 09:20 AM)Marty Wrote: Meh, it's a hard one...

The islands are kinda like your 18 year old little brother fresh out of school thinking he knows everything.

Sure he can open a bank account have his own money and try and be independent.

However when some older person or group of people starts to harass you all of a sudden he's asking you for help, your like nah bro thought your a big boy now, and he's like nah please remember that time we signed an agreement saying you would protect me about a thousand years ago. And your like fuck yeah what was I thinking.

That's kinda the relationship between Jersey & the UK. But only a fool would think Brexit won't affect them. No Common Travel Area, no Free trade (and yes your right Jersey does have a special relationship with the EU but it's only due to being a U.K. territory that'll be gone once Brexit) oh and no one hides their billions in Jersey lol.

People hide their money in a place with no relationship to the UK, including not enforcing U.K. warrants of seizure etc.

Wrong, this wonderful island I live on is a tax haven and offshore, I think I know since both my parents have companies in the financial sector. The relationship between Jersey and UK is that we are a crown dependency, the queen is the head of state and appoints a Lieutenant Governor, who is only the ceremonial representative of the queen, all our laws are made in Jersey and we have our own courts and police force. Our island does not have copyright laws for example while the UK does. Brexit will not affect Jersey as Jersey was never even in the European Union in the first place (ever), there is a trade agreement set in place instead so that the island may trade with EU countries, and it will remain that way even after Brexit is over.

You are only correct in the fact that we do not have any armed forces, however we won't be needing them anyway.

You have mistaken us for a territory like the Cayman Islands.

Still,you're not independent.Jersey's website literally states that.In any case,Brexit will affect it,as it is connected to the UK.

Brexit will probably affect Jersey for the better.
(06-06-2017, 03:55 PM)lordofthesilver Wrote: democracy is overrated

Your so wise

It's not like uhhh
Made girls get shot on buses for going to school like places without one, riiiight???
(06-06-2017, 04:02 PM)Prompt Wrote:
(06-06-2017, 03:55 PM)lordofthesilver Wrote: democracy is overrated

Your so wise

It's not like uhhh
Made girls get shot on buses for going to school like places without one, riiiight???

democracy is still ineffective, not saying its not good, but its very overrated
señor de los anillos de plata
shitposter a nivel subatómico

Imagen de firma eliminada (demasiado grande) - DVN
The following 1 user Likes lordofthesilver's post:
  • Archer
UK should ban refugees and deport or detain all terrorist suspects or terrorist sympathizers instead of waiting for them to be radicalized even more.
The following 1 user Likes juicyorange's post:
  • lordofthesilver
(06-06-2017, 04:28 PM)juicyorange Wrote: UK should ban refugees and deport or detain all terrorist suspects or terrorist sympathizers instead of waiting for them to be radicalized even more.

How will deporting work though?The threat should be neutralised in UK.
Also banning all refugees means you ban North Korean defectors,Myanmar's oppressed muslim population,and many other innocents.What UK should do is to limit the amount(like 500 a month),and only ever take in the educated people like doctors,professors and intellectuals instead of some goat herder.
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
Love how Juicy Orange still can't comprehend that Jersey's agreement with the EU is based on being classified as a territory of a member state.

Can't seem to figure out when said member state leaves the EU they would no longer be classed as a territory.

* Marty sighs
[Image: giphy.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Marty's post:
  • juicyorange
(06-06-2017, 05:33 PM)Marty Wrote: Love how Juicy Orange still can't comprehend that Jersey's agreement with the EU is based on being classified as a territory of a member state.

Can't seem to figure out when said member state leaves the EU they would no longer be classed as a territory.

* Marty sighs

Are you fucking thick? I have just said we are not a territory but a crown dependency, Jersey was never in the fucking EU so said deal with stay I was at the conference if you really have to know, lmfao.
I'm perfectly aware that you are a crown dependency. However your status within the EU is that of a member state territory.

Jesus Christ is that so hard to comprehend.

I'm not saying your a territory I'm saying within the EU you only have a relationship there as part of the UK.

Article 355 of the Lisbon Treaty, read it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Marty's post:
  • Archer