Restrictions for Proplimit Increases
(05-14-2017, 10:06 AM)ELAD Wrote: No change. Admins still give themselves huge prop limits
I can see two reasons why this change was implemented, the first one is to deter staff members from using many props in an effort to reduce lag (it's effectiveness can be questioned).
The second reason was to make the staff decision process more transparent, allowing users to know what the staff are using their props for. 
My issue with this is that I really don't think this has had any noticeable impact on performance increase. When a prop is frozen it has no real impact on performance, you can place 500 props and experience a similar amount of performance drop as two cars being spawned in. Not to mention that the game's optimisation is poor.
It seems strange to me that if you aim was to reduce performance drop then you should choose to limit the number of vehicles that can be spawned. I suggest that we go back to a day where you could only spawn in one car per person ( this was only changed for the truck update) as well as a system that auto-removes cars that haven't changed location for 20 minutes.  It is clear that if your goal is to tackle performance drops then you should look at the reduction of cars that are spawned in and leave props, we all know that in reality that frozen props really have no effect.
Regards,
Finn Conlon 

+Rep me Here

Messages In This Thread
RE: Restrictions for Proplimit Increases - by DVN - 05-12-2017, 04:35 PM
RE: Restrictions for Proplimit Increases - by god - 05-12-2017, 05:03 PM
RE: Restrictions for Proplimit Increases - by Jan - 05-12-2017, 07:25 PM
RE: Restrictions for Proplimit Increases - by Create - 05-13-2017, 06:14 AM
RE: Restrictions for Proplimit Increases - by MrFinnConlon - 05-14-2017, 10:42 AM