A change with Player reports...
(04-22-2017, 08:12 AM)ARPANettic Wrote:
(04-22-2017, 07:00 AM)UEnvy Wrote: Totally agree. Time and Date is currently useless at the moment

It'd be most helpful for logs.

However, I find it dumb that some people think staff are obliged by their rank to asorb every command and do it.

The staff team are not here to do everything you want because your mad you died in jails because a mingey new player taxes you as your inbetween the cell door, or you got gunned down for raising the president. Legitimate or illegitimate, it's not their duty to follow your command. Didn't see the player? 2 choises. Don't post a PR or screenshot  your console. Did see the player? Have evidence. Don't be that one person that says 'CHECK THELOGS !!!11!!!!!!!' Because you get nowhere. And it never will

So end of, -Support

The Point is, that admins want to ban minges right? THats what the Player reports are there for in the first place, so why not check the logs for a minute?
It really doesn't take long to check logs for something like that if you've been given the time it happened. I actually found it quite fun to do a bit of investigating and piece together the evidence with the logs to conclude reports.

If the video doesn't catch any names or anything, you could look for other occurrences in the video such as a message in OOC or even someone spawning a certain prop. That way you can directly connect the video to the logs to sync up when the actual rule breaking happened and pull the name from the logs.

The only real difficulty comes when trying to decide if there was a valid reason for the alleged rulebreak to happen. That's often hard to decipher from a short video as you don't know what happened before hand and it would require stories from the involved people which can't always be trusted.
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
The following 4 users Like Tomo's post:
  • Avgar, Random, DreeBott, chopchop1614
(04-22-2017, 08:40 AM)already_fallen Wrote: +Support

Obvious reasons.
Why are you telling us, its not like we've the power to change it. If you've a problem with the system then man up and tell it straight to the people in charge and make a constructive argument for it. If they system the way it is then it must be for a reason but if your argument to change it is good enough then maybe they will listen to you and alter it. That's the beauty of having the big man one pm away from you.
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]
In my opinion, including evidence of yourself being killed for what appears to be a random reason and providing enough evidence to show it really happened on the server with some additional context, such as OOC chat log at the time is enough evidence to pursue a PR. When there is zero evidence it is a different situation, but in this case there was enough evidence to go on.

Basically what Tomo said.

Just looking at a PR in a completely sterile way, as in 'oh this doesn't 100% follow the template' and not actually considering the surrounding situation is not fair and should be ratified.
The following 6 users Like Avgar's post:
  • Tomo, Floodify, Envy, DreeBott, Haarek, Archer
I agree can see how Avgar and Tomo make sense and they paint a nice picture, but really it is up to the staff member at the time and how easily motivated they can be.
Regards,
Finn Conlon 

+Rep me Here
I also don't agree with this, I understand logs make it a more lengthy and in-depth process to an extent but in situations like the linked PR I think logs should at least attempted to be checked to find the accused user.
I 100% agree with this, it should be changed. Sometimes that there can be a rule breaker and the evidence isn't enough and requires the logs. They should allow people to request log checks, but the must have evidence with it, so they can't just say for evidence 'Check the logs' they need a screen shot/video.
Sounds like a lazy excuse l0l
Guess the case got approved now^^
The following 1 user Likes DreeBott's post:
  • Marty