[Solved] [Solved] Good settings for gmod
I just need a good setting for garry's mod, lost my own... Need only stable fps in city Cheese
[Image: image.png]
Doctor KuLa
Always Drunk
Can you post your specs?
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
cpu: i5 2500k
gpu: gtx 1060
ram: 8gb
Doctor KuLa
Always Drunk
My settings:

Regards,
Finn Conlon 

+Rep me Here
Jesus.... I'm asking about console (autoexec.cfg) and launcher options
Doctor KuLa
Always Drunk
on such a good system my settings should work quite well.

For autoexec

Code:
mat_queue_mode 2
host_thread_mode 1

cl_threaded_bone_setup 1
cl_threaded_client_leaf_system 1

r_threaded_client_shadow_manager 1
r_threaded_particles 1
r_threaded_renderables 1
r_queued_ropes 1

studio_queue_mode 1

gmod_mcore_test 1

you could also throw in r_queued_post_processing 1 for added performance but that could cause some issues making the game unplayable as it does on my setup. Testing won't break anything though 99% of the time (cloud syncing does sometimes though, turn it off u can't get the game to work even after deleting the autoexec file and stuff u changed when everything fucks up)

Here's some launch parameters I've been using for several years now

Code:
-sw -noborder  - windowed mode, borderless windowed (works wonders!)

-nojoy - just turns of joysticks and frees like 2MB of ram :P

+fps_max 60 - forcing the game to run on the said fps just since I don't need good reflexes to mic spam and I don't like my noisy 7 year old pc

-high - I have yet to see if this actually prioritises gmod, but doesn't seem to cause noticeable negative things on my pc either
+mat_dxlevel 95 - I think it's the default mode, but having it as a launch parameter couldn't hurt either in case something fucks up

-condebug - a console debug file command, it creates 'console.log' file in your 2nd gmod folder for debugging purposes (it's works like 10% of the time ur game crashes), could prove useful for debugging issues if you're on mac especially (mac's gmod doesn't create the good, very informative crash dump files so this is the only way to debug issues really and guess what's the problem.
The following 2 users Like Joulle's post:
  • Envy, Doctor KuLa
Kula Has your Question answers? plz reply in 2 days
[Image: zypxjb7.jpg]