Building Rules... Land of Confusion.
As you all may know... Fearless RP has quiet a bit of rules regarding props. Granted, some of these are good rules[Propkilling/Propsurfing]. Even then though I've come to ask myself quiet a bit, "Is this really needed...?" for example...

My friend and I were recently banned for vehicular modifications which was us using a tides truck to pull a siege tower used for para-gliders. This leaves me to ask... Why are there so many rules against being creative? This isn't a sarcastic comment... I'm serious about this.

With the tools/stuff given at hand you should be allowed too do anything which can be actually roleplayed into a situation. For example... As all of you know theirs a touchy subject regarding using the cs_milita ladder for scaling walls, but the people who own said walls can use that same exact ladder for the same exact thing, and it's not a bannable offense.

Why is this? I mean... I get not allowing players too just skyrocket too the top of the map... Thats just silly! But why can't I scale a fence with a ladder or something? If it's such an issue players will come up with roleplay'ish ways to counter it. Hell if they're that worried they can hire security too patrol the fence line. Rules shouldn't be placed to prevent roleplay/creativity because all that does is leads to stale rp with no gratification for understanding the usage of Garry's Mod's tools. You know... The things which allow us to be creative roleplayers.

So why take the tools of the artist when the artist will just find new tools? Embrace creativity, don't make it a disgrace in the time of Contra-Minges.
Well it is actually pretty simple.

Some players are innovative, creating new ideas, enchanting RP and are generally unique in their own style of playing.

Then we have the abusers making stupid props, throwing around with stuff, making bulletproof cars and climbing up to the top of buildings. We can't be around all the time and check what every single player is doing.

But I agree; the utopia of RP is having no limits but still being able to role-play like you should. But that isn't possible, as you may recon.
If your RP needs "public building", ask an admin beforehand. Usually if the building isn't big, and doesn't stand in anyone's way, it may be allowed.
Just always ask, it'll take you 1 minute, and saves you a day Tounge
Our RP actually was more on the line dragging a siege tower which had glider kites for recon from a tides truck[Trailer]... Don't even ask how my buddies and I came up with that idea, but we figured it would be useful for paragliding into open top bases[MTL, Water Refinery] or just simply looking down on people from the sky when they have gigantic walls, would give us a strategic advantage.

I guess I should ask this question: Are rules such as... Ladders = Propclimb, or No pulling trailers with tides truck good things or bad things?
The thing is that we really support creative RP, that's what we want. The problem here is that if we allow players more things like pulling props with a car, more people will break those rules.

There will be people like you who are able to use the things we allow correctly in RP, making the best of it. On the other hand there will be people abusing those rules and this part will be the majority.
I generally allow people to e.g. build a ladder to get up somewhere if the intention of RP is visible, still it is too 'dangerous' to allow it for all players because there will always be people abusing those things. This is for example one reason we are restriciting people from modifying cars, some of them will probably do some really nice stuff to their car, others will make a fucking tank out of their car and do whatever....

My suggestion is, if you have a creative idea which could break the strict rules but enhances RP and makes it more realistic, call an Admin, ask him for permission, if you're lucky you will get it. If he says no you can say thank you to all the minges out there breaking rules and trying to look for gaps in them.
Dare to think!
Sometimes it aint aloud, so double check with an admin i was not aloud to use ladders for window cleaning rp and got a slapped bottom by lani O.o
[Image: headster-fade-1.gif]
Server Hours: 450
RP Points: 9

As it's been mentioned before, this is all because we cannot trust everyone to RP properly, albeit the admin team does try their very best, I'm sure.

People will always have malevolent wishes and act accordingly to ruin the fun of other people. We cannot TRUST them not to use their freedoms for bad things.

As for the ladder dilemma, we really have to think about it when balancing sufficient RP and defendability. I'm pretty certain that if allowed, most people will just sneak to the base walls and spawn the ladder afterwards to be "stealthy".

This is not how it would go IRLy, because ladders do not appear from hammerspace like "spawning" them makes it seem. In addition, larger places, surrounded by low fences, such as MTL would fall victim to "ladder-snipers" or hostile forces sneaking in from the back. The ability to defend the perimeter of such a large area with only 6 people (normal full gang size), is not going to happen. Especially if all of them are not even standing guard.

The rules are and enforcing them is simply the cause of the subjects being self-explanetory to people. The sanctions that would apply in real life have been diminished and death is a slap on the wrist.

But I ramble. It all comes down to not stepping on anyone's toes or rights. Because of that, liberties must be controlled via sanctions.

People have mentioned about informing an admin beforehand. This is a good way of getting stuff done, I recommend you do that. Heck, I've build a huge gateway into the city with approval of an admin!