[Solved] Does failrp apply when...
Could things  which would normally be seen as FailRp  apply as Failrp if you are role playing a character in game who is "not your average joe".  So like if your character was hasty.  He would charge into dangerous situations which would otherwise be deemed dumb and reckless ( failrp)  be ok if it's in you're character to do ( that's just an example) .  

Thanks.
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]
(11-02-2016, 07:15 PM)King Kickass Wrote: Could things  which would normally be seen as FailRp  apply as Failrp if you are role playing a character in game who is "not your average joe".  So like if your character was hasty.  He would charge into dangerous situations which would otherwise be deemed dumb and reckless ( failrp)

If you where to charge into a dangerous situation like a gunfight, that would be fearrp, you should try to avoid getting shot under all circumstances.

Rules still apply, and if you have a character that was to do somethig the failrp rule does not allow, i would see it as attempting to find loopholes within the rules, however i think you'll need admin confirmation as to this.

Hope i helped!
~Jonas
[Image: edfa8a344463b04e45f386ad4525099e.png]
I think doing something like this would apply to an event or a more controlled roleplay. For example you're roleplaying a devoted father to his children, about to be executed and you run at the gun man to stop the bullets. That example would be something you've pre-set up or could actually talk about with everyone before the RP starts. Doing that without consent or instruction from anyone is breaking the rules unfortunately, even if your character is played well.
What do you say about me boi

The following 1 user Likes Willem de Walrus's post:
  • NeonityNL
(11-02-2016, 07:15 PM)King Kickass Wrote: Could things  which would normally be seen as FailRp  apply as Failrp if you are role playing a character in game who is "not your average joe".  So like if your character was hasty.  He would charge into dangerous situations which would otherwise be deemed dumb and reckless ( failrp)  be ok if it's in you're character to do ( that's just an example) .  

Thanks.

The charging into dangerous situations would make it FailRP and FearRP.

If your character was mentally unstable, then you need to properly role play it. If you just change your description to "hasty" and "mentally unstable" or something like that then just decide to u[ and run into a gunfight or to play in traffic, then of course you're going to get in trouble.

On the flip side, if you role play that character over time and its not just a sparattic "let me change my description to give me a reason to act like a dumb fuck" then you'd be okay in my personal opinion. THat is proper background RP which often draws the line between good RP and FailRP.
The following 2 users Like Hitman's post:
  • Jonas, mintblackbeard
I'd avoid that entirely tbf. If you do stuff like that regardless of whether it is solely for the purposes of RP it's still against the base rules of the server, I.E fearRP/failRP and you're going to get the guys (Particularly police officers) that are just going to get tired of your shit and post a BR, similiarly if you're caught doing that by an admin or anyone that isn't aware that it is for roleplay purposes or your characters RP background you're going to get yet another BR or a simple ban then and there. But at the end of the day it's night, and it's your choice if you want to risk it but it's a very tight rope to walk.
Solved.