Why?
Hello,

The following reply is a reply to the entire topic, an official statement and some clarification for points touched by the following post http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php...#pid636929 as well as several other points throughout the thread.

Table of Contents:
  1. Terms of Service
  2. Admin Abuses
  3. The incessant bumping
  4. The post-resignation beef
  5. Conclusion

1. Terms of Service
I apologize. We were wrong. We were not to include leaking and/or spreading leaks of confidential staff information as well as refusing to assist in exposing leakers or leak spreaders as a bannable offense into the Terms of Service for this long. We were banning people for ToS when it came to leak related cases, long before you were banned for refusing to assist in your own admitted leakage to you.

This has now been corrected, see Terms of Service here - http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=63612. The changed part is under 1.12. The added clause is added here as well for brevity:

Spoiler :
You must not leak or spread leaked confidential Fearless staff information, including anything from the staff sections of the forums, private staff meetings or any staff-topic related information. Committing leaking, leak spreading and/or refusing to assist in exposing individuals guilty of the former actions by withholding information may result in your account being suspended and/or rank being revoked, based on the severity of the case as well as your past record within Fearless itself and/or during your tenure in the Fearless staff team.

2. Admin Abuses
Some of your mentioned admin abuses are certainly downplayed, some are either forgotten or not mentioned purposefully. No matter. Since you do not wish for staff to make it all 'gnarly and twisted', it's only fair we 'untwist' or provide help in understanding some cases that you have missed.

The admin abuses you have committed are the following (not in order), along with a summary of how each case is rated:
  • Permanently deleting posts - admin abuse that is both major and valid
  • Spawning in molotovs - admin abuse that is both major and valid
  • Spawning in bouncy balls while bored - admin abuse/mingery that is valid, but not major
  • The Zombie VS Shotgun NPC battle - admin abuse/mingery that is valid, but not major
  • Changing skybox color to ridiculous colors (while server was NOT empty, mind you) - admin abuse/mingery that is valid, but not major
  • Slinging insults during staff meetings - breaking staff conduct
  • Pretending to be a hacker (while server was NOT empty, mind you) - admin abuse that is both major and valid
Considering the amount of valid abuse cases on your head it was certainly a lucky* case of you not getting demoted. You resigned and we had no beef with you for the time being. The beef will be explained below.

3. The incessant bumping
I understand your frustration while being within the staff team. Things move slow sometimes, sure. With plenty of time on your hands you must have noticed that even more than the rest of us. It is fine to wake up threads that seem to have been forgotten or to call attention to them at times, however, the way you described the need to bump every single thing is a little one-sided and not strictly true.

Take, for example, one case where you replied to a thread in the evening and then bumped it early morning, as if you were expecting people to be awake during the night to reply to your post.

Regarding the bumps that you made on threads for me, well, as far as I know I had made replies on all of them, explaining to you why action will or will not be taken at the time. And so you continued bumping without anything to add until I replied again. It appears now that you expected me to do something about all of those cases that you had little to no competence to resolve, but all the time in the world to bump.

4. The post-resignment beef
As mentioned before, after your resignation we had no beef with you. That was until you, yourself, came to me, boasting how I have made some wrong decision and how several staff members trust you more than me. So much, in fact, that they are now 'leaking' information to you regarding the whole ordeal instead of talking to me about it. Now, when I contested the fact that you are being leaked to you had claimed that it is fine, since you are a veteran and not a mere player. Let's be frank here, just from this it is quite safe to assume that you treat the veteran rank not only as a badge of thanks for your service, but also as a certain VIP pass that unlocks some doors for you.

The post-resignment beef, summarized:
After your resignation, you wrote to me on steam while rubbing one out at what horrible decisions I was making as a staff member and yet you dare say that after your resignation the only thing that pulled you back into Fearless was your 'unjust' punishment for refusing to give up the staff members that have, based on your own words, shared staff information to you. The way I see it, Agorith, you never truly left. You are simply using a tactic that we have come to recognize of you in order to bolster your case. Self-victimization.

5. Conclusion
It is naive to think that only the time and effort that a staff member has put into Fearless has an effect on the veteran rank that they may receive. The truth is, a staff member's transgressions do carry over in memory and are taken into consideration after their resignation.
  • You were on the very brink of demotion before your resignation.
  • We left you alone until you came to me and cockily brought to light that staff shared confidential information with you.
  • When brought up against the wall regarding this you first claimed to be 'veteran' enough to be leaked to, but after realizing that your hide is at stake changed your tune, began playing victim, however still flat out refusing to assist even with proper time provided to consider your options.
  • Because of this you were banned for ToS and your veteran rank was stripped from you.
  • After a discussion with the staff team we deemed the ban to be too harsh of a punishment and revoked it, however we have determined that having your veteran tag removed has been warranted both due to the transgressions you have committed as an administrators as well as the refusal to assist in exposing staff members that shared confidential information with you. Constantly going around caroling about how bad the inner workings of the staff team are on the forums, because you have all this insight, certainly does not help your case and makes PR ever more difficult for the team going forward.
Due to the reasons listed above and after thorough discussion within the staff team we have decided to leave your veteran tag removed.

I will keep the thread open for the time being so you may discuss this decision here.
The following 3 users Like Avgar's post:
  • Awestruck, Tomo, Divey
''1. Terms of Service
I apologize. We were wrong. We were not to include leaking and/or spreading leaks of confidential staff information as well as refusing to assist in exposing leakers or leak spreaders as a bannable offense into the Terms of Service for this long. We were banning people for ToS when it came to leak related cases, long before you were banned for refusing to assist in your own admitted leakage to you.

This has now been corrected, see Terms of Service here - http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=63612. The changed part is under 1.12. The added clause is added here as well for brevity:

Spoiler :

You must not leak or spread leaked confidential Fearless staff information, including anything from the staff sections of the forums, private staff meetings or any staff-topic related information. Committing leaking, leak spreading and/or refusing to assist in exposing individuals guilty of the former actions by withholding information may result in your account being suspended and/or rank being revoked, based on the severity of the case as well as your past record within Fearless itself and/or during your tenure in the Fearless staff team.

''

I've never spread any information of what was leaked to me anywhere nor to anyone.
Mind you I actually gave up the leaker to Infernaw when she came to talk to me as a human being a day later, not as robot. (referring to you, Avgar)
I did co-operate once I was talked to in a proper manner.

''2. Admin Abuses
Some of your mentioned admin abuses are certainly downplayed, some are either forgotten or not mentioned purposefully. No matter. Since you do not wish for staff to make it all 'gnarly and twisted', it's only fair we 'untwist' or provide help in understanding some cases that you have missed.

The admin abuses you have committed are the following (not in order), along with a summary of how each case is rated:
Permanently deleting posts - admin abuse that is both major and valid
Spawning in molotovs - admin abuse that is both major and valid
Spawning in bouncy balls while bored - admin abuse/mingery that is valid, but not major
The Zombie VS Shotgun NPC battle - admin abuse/mingery that is valid, but not major
Changing skybox color to ridiculous colors (while server was NOT empty, mind you) - admin abuse/mingery that is valid, but not major
Slinging insults during staff meetings - breaking staff conduct
Pretending to be a hacker (while server was NOT empty, mind you) - admin abuse that is both major and valid

Considering the amount of valid abuse cases on your head it was certainly a lucky* case of you not getting demoted. You resigned and we had no beef with you for the time being. The beef will be explained below.''

Admin abuse? Really now? Because in that case I've witnessed just about EVERY staff member admin abuse.
What you conveniently call admin abuse has been called creating entertainment for a near dead server, which just about every staff member has done atleast once.

''Spawning in a few bouncy balls'' at grassy fields for around 4-5 people is hardly abuse, they're completely harmless and they succesfully entertained the few there for a very short period of time after which they got removed.

Same goes for the ''zombie vs shotgun NPC battle'', it was a mini event I had created which again succesfully had entertained the 5 people left on the server. Hardly abuse..

''Changing the skybox to 'ridiculous' colours'' I've done plenty, and I was never talked to about this.
Better yet, one of your own SA's along with other administrators have done it a few times before so I hardly thought of it as abuse.

''Slinging insults during staff meetings - Breaking staff conduct''
Sure, fair play.
That was some pretty toxic behaviour that I am certainly not proud of, however what you fail to mention is that another SA had thrown just as many and just as harsh insults at me.
Where's that person's punishment/warning/anything?
We were both as guilty of it, yet of course I am seen as the only guilty one.

''Pretending to be a hacker''
Oh please, the few people that did not see trough the act I had messaged to reassure there is no hacker on the server and that I was an administrator simply pulling a harmless joke.

''3. The incessant bumping
I understand your frustration while being within the staff team. Things move slow sometimes, sure. With plenty of time on your hands you must have noticed that even more than the rest of us. It is fine to wake up threads that seem to have been forgotten or to call attention to them at times, however, the way you described the need to bump every single thing is a little one-sided and not strictly true.

Take, for example, one case where you replied to a thread in the evening and then bumped it early morning, as if you were expecting people to be awake during the night to reply to your post.

Regarding the bumps that you made on threads for me, well, as far as I know I had made replies on all of them, explaining to you why action will or will not be taken at the time. And so you continued bumping without anything to add until I replied again. It appears now that you expected me to do something about all of those cases that you had little to no competence to resolve, but all the time in the world to bump.''

Yes, things did and still do move slow, you being the main cause for that.

Please do show me that thread, because what actually happened multiple times was me bumping a thread with more than just ''bump'' as you're trying to portray here, and actually noticing you are on the thread shortly after I've bumped yet failing to reply with anything.
That one case you are mentioning was one of those, thus I had bumped it again out of frustration the next morning because I refused to be ignored.
When you say people, you actually mean YOU, you realise that right?
Because nobody else in the team had the power to get any of it done, it always came down to you, the leading SA and Developer.

It occured plenty of times where I asked a QUESTION, and it was clear to me you refused to aknowledge it and wait it out as long as possible when you had enough time to give atleast a short reply to it.
Even if it was just to note that you had read it and will reply properly a bit later, none of that ever happened.

''Regarding the bumps that you made on threads for me, well, as far as I know I had made replies on all of them, explaining to you why action will or will not be taken at the time. And so you continued bumping without anything to add until I replied again.''

That is a blatant lie.
If that were to be your course of action, I would never have felt the need to 'constantly' bump.

''4. The post-resignment beef
As mentioned before, after your resignation we had no beef with you. That was until you, yourself, came to me, boasting how I have made some wrong decision and how several staff members trust you more than me. So much, in fact, that they are now 'leaking' information to you regarding the whole ordeal instead of talking to me about it. Now, when I contested the fact that you are being leaked to you had claimed that it is fine, since you are a veteran and not a mere player. Let's be frank here, just from this it is quite safe to assume that you treat the veteran rank not only as a badge of thanks for your service, but also as a certain VIP pass that unlocks some doors for you.

The post-resignment beef, summarized:
After your resignation, you wrote to me on steam while rubbing one out at what horrible decisions I was making as a staff member and yet you dare say that after your resignation the only thing that pulled you back into Fearless was your 'unjust' punishment for refusing to give up the staff members that have, based on your own words, shared staff information to you. The way I see it, Agorith, you never truly left. You are simply using a tactic that we have come to recognize of you in order to bolster your case. Self-victimization.''

Its not my fault a few staff members have grown into disliking you and trusting me more than yourself.
I'd hardly call it boasting, I simply thought it was ridiculous how you had clearly not discussed the decision to do a certain something with the team beforehand upon performing the action you did.
You figured I got it leaked to me, when you failed to realise it was plain obvious to me seeing as just because I had resigned that doesn't mean I forgot the opinions of staff members on the topic.
There was no way in hell it had been properly discussed.
So that whole having spread leaked information thing is entirely based on assumption, and a wrong one at that.

Yes, I would agree in saying I hadn't completely pulled myself away from Fearless just yet.
I needed to transition a little, and I was just about near the end when I got pulled back in.
You sure do like to use the words ''self-victimization'' and ''superiority complex'' to try and demean anything and everything I say or do.
Guess that's your tactic then?

''5. Conclusion
It is naive to think that only the time and effort that a staff member has put into Fearless has an effect on the veteran rank that they may receive. The truth is, a staff member's transgressions do carry over in memory and are taken into consideration after their resignation.
You were on the very brink of demotion before your resignation.
We left you alone until you came to me and cockily brought to light that staff shared confidential information with you.
When brought up against the wall regarding this you first claimed to be 'veteran' enough to be leaked to, but after realizing that your hide is at stake changed your tune, began playing victim, however still flat out refusing to assist even with proper time provided to consider your options.
Because of this you were banned for ToS and your veteran rank was stripped from you.
After a discussion with the staff team we deemed the ban to be too harsh of a punishment and revoked it, however we have determined that having your veteran tag removed has been warranted both due to the transgressions you have committed as an administrators as well as the refusal to assist in exposing staff members that shared confidential information with you. Constantly going around caroling about how bad the inner workings of the staff team are on the forums, because you have all this insight, certainly does not help your case and makes PR ever more difficult for the team going forward.''

It is rather dull to claim I am naive for thinking that only time and effort put into the community has an effect on the veteran tag when I obviously do not think so.
What I've claimed is that the good I've provided towards the Fearless community simply overshadowed the negatives.

In conclusion the only thing you've taken my tags away for is the fact I've spread FACTUAL saltiness around since my resignation.
That is literally all you have on me, seeing as I cooperated with Infernaw regarding the leaking case and without struggle had given her all she requested from me.
I've spread negative YET factual opinions around, and it ends not with getting ANY response at all on those posts, because there is nothing you could reply with to debunk it, but with my tags simply being removed without anything being said prior to it.
Those posts have always been focussed on TRUTH, not negativity.
At this point I had not much good left to say on the topics I've posted, I simply posted how it was.
No beating around the bush as I've mentioned multiple times now, being my way of handling things.
Pointless discussion it seems.
Thread closed.
Closed.
[Image: f8f0ed93936736f2ae4c735f1edc05ed.png]