Thoughts about British Royals?
I personally like it as it makes us the United Kingdom. Also it's a nice reminder of the past to what England was, a grand empire.
[Image: unknown.png]
Should be removed along with the rest of the "Royalty" of the world. In today's day we have no need for people that get free money who's priviledged position gets inherited only by those of their direct bloodline and for life, regardless if they have or not any power.
Live a good life. If there's a god and he's just, he will not care of how devout you are, he will accept you for the virtues you have based your life upon. If there's no god, then you will have gone, but you will have lived a noble life which will stay in the memories of those that you love.
The following 1 user Likes Holdem's post:
  • Danny Boy
(10-16-2016, 10:26 PM)Holdem Wrote: Should be removed along with the rest of the "Royalty" of the world. In today's day we have no need for people that get free money who's priviledged position gets inherited only by those of their direct bloodline and for life, regardless if they have or not any power.

I think removing all monarchies is a bad idea - it may appear undemocratic, but according to the democracy index, 7 out of the top most democratic countries are actually monarchies. And the monarchs all function as their head of state, althought they are rich they still work more than most other rich people simply because of all the tasks they have - like going on diplomatic visits nationally and internationally.

Obviously it's still up to opinion but I personally think monarchies can be just as good as republics except in their own way.
I don't see how something as undemocratic as a government position for life that gets passed only to your heirs can be considered "democratic"
Live a good life. If there's a god and he's just, he will not care of how devout you are, he will accept you for the virtues you have based your life upon. If there's no god, then you will have gone, but you will have lived a noble life which will stay in the memories of those that you love.
It may not be as democratic, however you have to consider that countries with monarchies also tend to have low amounts of corruption, I'm assuming it could be because there's noone competing to be President and as such not as much of a reason to be corrupt (although I could obviously be very wrong).

And even then, remember that the Monarch doesn't have any power in politics, they are merely head of their nation. Constitutional Monarchies are pretty much just as democratic in politics as Republics - remember that the leading party and Prime Minister is still elected.