Looking for developers!
(11-10-2016, 09:10 PM)Agorith Wrote:
(11-10-2016, 08:57 PM)Jan Wrote: Something will happen, just because you do not hear from us for some time doesn't mean we have forgotten.

Promotions are usually discussed for months, developer promotions are no exceptions.

Jan, you know better than this.
I understand your position as an Administrator has you defending the team you're on, I can relate, but you know as good as any other (recently resigned) Administrator things always get delayed to the point where you're constantly bumping all sorts of threads in the office in order to get something moving.

Promotions are usually discussed for around a month or so, which is necessary to track the player's movements/behaviour on the servers/forum so that no hasty mistakes get made.
But this isn't an administrating function, it's a function you've let people apply for and the Owner told people results were going to be given on the week of 19th october.

I'm not saying this has been forgotten about, but it's certainly being delayed to shit.
Just owe up to it, for once, as a team.
Who cares dude? Do you really care this much to post this useless shit. This is a video game, calm down sweet heart. They could post this thread and never do anything about it and who cares? People seem to think they are entitled to things on this server. This is a video game. Soul could perm everyone for no reason, and he has all the right to. Who actually gives a fuck what they do "behind the scenes?" I just have never understood getting this upset. The admin team doesn't have to own up to anything. It is a game. Step away from the computer and go kiss a girl, please.
[Image: SEYlcy8.png]
The following 1 user Likes ryan!'s post:
  • Jan
Decided you weren't worth it, sorry bbs.
The following 2 users Like Agorith's post:
  • Arkten, Old Man Jokhah
(11-11-2016, 02:15 AM)ryan! Wrote:
(11-11-2016, 02:05 AM)Agorith Wrote:
(11-11-2016, 01:30 AM)ryan! Wrote:
(11-10-2016, 09:10 PM)Agorith Wrote:
(11-10-2016, 08:57 PM)Jan Wrote: Something will happen, just because you do not hear from us for some time doesn't mean we have forgotten.

Promotions are usually discussed for months, developer promotions are no exceptions.

Jan, you know better than this.
I understand your position as an Administrator has you defending the team you're on, I can relate, but you know as good as any other (recently resigned) Administrator things always get delayed to the point where you're constantly bumping all sorts of threads in the office in order to get something moving.

Promotions are usually discussed for around a month or so, which is necessary to track the player's movements/behaviour on the servers/forum so that no hasty mistakes get made.
But this isn't an administrating function, it's a function you've let people apply for and the Owner told people results were going to be given on the week of 19th october.

I'm not saying this has been forgotten about, but it's certainly being delayed to shit.
Just owe up to it, for once, as a team.
Who cares dude? Do you really care this much to post this useless shit. This is a video game, calm down sweet heart. They could post this thread and never do anything about it and who cares? People seem to think they are entitled to things on this server. This is a video game. Soul could perm everyone for no reason, and he has all the right to. Who actually gives a fuck what they do "behind the scenes?" I just have never understood getting this upset. The admin team doesn't have to own up to anything. It is a game. Step away from the computer and go kiss a girl, please.

I obviously do care.
This isn't about just a video game, I don't care for Gmod in general, it's about the community and how it's run.
Just because we have different interests doesn't mean you got the right to belittle mine.
Now move along and go assume somewhere else with your childish accusations of what you think my life is like.

Soul can do whatever he wants to this community. You can either keep being a little babygirl all over the forums, or suck it up move on. This isn't a democracy and it never has been. I only make accusation off how you act. Stop acting like a loser, and I will believe that you have kissed a girl.

(nice delete, loser)

Why would you post it on a forum? Do you need attention, kiddoh? Now please go away.
The following 4 users Like Arkten's post:
  • NJperry, Eclipze, sebasti161, Old Man Jokhah
Name: Atlas
SteamID Atlas STEAM_0:0:11640458
Why do you wish to become a developer: I've been contributing for the community since July and I've skilled a lot from hardly using 3ds max to creating some decent models and there is still a way to grow and help the community.
P.S. We often work with Coffee in pair, discussing things and helping each other, so that would be fair to promote him as well if you're gonna promote me.
Previous projects with examples (describe them shortly): You can find them in the contributor section.
The following 7 users Like Atlas's post:
  • Random, Arkten, Coffee, Panda, Eclipze, Bradley, Ceddyhmra
(11-11-2016, 08:24 AM)Atlas Wrote: Name: Atlas
SteamID Atlas STEAM_0:0:11640458
Why do you wish to become a developer: I've been contributing for the community since July and I've skilled a lot from hardly using 3ds max to creating some decent models and there is still a way to grow and help the community.
P.S. We often work with Coffee in pair, discussing things and helping each other, so that would be fair to promote him as well if you're gonna promote me.
Previous projects with examples (describe them shortly): You can find them in the contributor section.

Huge +Support!
Kind regards,
Eclipze
Fearless Donator
Still nothing? rip

Question though, how would a coder prove they are capable, if ya know, they can't really see the internal code.
(11-18-2016, 03:19 PM)RobotDuck Wrote: Still nothing? rip

Question though, how would a coder prove they are capable, if ya know, they can't really see the internal code.

If you can code Lua that is best, you will then have to learn some of the CityRP syntax if you get the job.
The following 1 user Likes Coffee's post:
  • Broccoli

They have quite the understanding for that... You can either use AppleJack or code something which does not involve internal FL code. The developers can also give you the needed functions without having you actually seeing FL code. That is how contributor coders are able to code (more or less)
The following 1 user Likes Arkten's post:
  • DreeBott

Read the official lua guidebook. Practice quite a bit.  Then you will be able to adept to the code used in fearless. ( if you're super interested in lua and want to use fearless coding to help you practice )
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]
Name: CeddySpectator

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:119890834

Why do you wish to become a developer:

There really isn't much to say. Development is really slow at the moment and honestly I feel it is making an impact on the community.
I truly wish to do this because of the best of this community.
I don't want to the money and I probably won't be able to enjoy the rank anyways since I am very inactive in-game.
I assume being active in-game is not mandatory since I just want to be developing.
I have been contributor here before and being dev would now open new possibilities since having access to the beta would be a great benefit.

Previous projects with examples (describe them shortly):

I have good knowledge of Lua (Alot better than when I left contributor rank)
I have learned most things so it is all about being logical when I am coding really.

I have fixed bugs in the cityrp gamemode and I have also made nice additions to it such as neat weapons and a plugin that I made sure was good integrated. I did this private ofc.
I have also made a full trolling derma in which you can control what people say and do (for darkrp).
Right now I am working on a betting system addon for darkrp similar to the ones on scriptfodder.

I have also made some funny scripts in papyrus (basic scripting language for skyrim). Even though it is not glua, It is still very similar and programming isn't really about knowing languages, It is about having the "thinking way" of a programmer.
The following 4 users Like Ceddyhmra's post:
  • Eclipze, NJperry, sebasti161, Luna