Steam?
I know this isn't to do with FL but I'm sure you could help me.

When I came back from holiday I had a problem of Steam having connection problems and then I re-installed steam and gmod.

About 2-3 weeks I'm having the same problems and I re-installed steam and its still not working and my router if fine (BT-Infinity) and all other devices are fine but its just steam, I asked my friend who lives in the same village and has steam and gmod and he has the same broadband as mine and he is not having any problems?

If you could help me that would be brill !!!!!    [Image: biggrin.gif] [Image: biggrin.gif]
Sometimes if you have an anti-virus software like Mcafee it blocks steam.

Go into your antivirus software>Settings>Disable Firewall.

That what worked when I had this problem.
hmm looks like a problem, enjoy.
señor de los anillos de plata
shitposter a nivel subatómico

Imagen de firma eliminada (demasiado grande) - DVN
The following 1 user Likes lordofthesilver's post:
  • sebasti161
Sometimes when i download something using steam, it messes up my internet. Maybe this is also happening to you, when you automatically download things from the workshop.
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]
(09-24-2016, 04:33 PM)Mr.Ranger Wrote: Sometimes if you have an anti-virus software like Mcafee it blocks steam.

DO NOT TURN OFF THE FIREWALL.

There's a reason it is there, to protect you against viruses and shit, turning it off makes you vulnerable even if you're very careful with what you do on the internet.
Apologies for sounding like an overprotective adult or whatever. I'll edit this post with a guide on how to enable steam if it's blocked

Tutorial for anyone who is even slightly new to anything computer related:
Step 1: Search for Firewall. Depending on your operating system, the search button can be a few different places. On Windows 10, it's easy to find as it is right beside the Start menu. I don't remember where it is on Windows 8 or 7 (I think it's located in the Start menu on both of those, although Start looks very different on each of those so I can't explain it properly.

Step 2: Find the one named something like "Allow a program access through the Firewall". Since my PC is in Danish I don't really know what you have to find on any other language.

Step 3: Find Steam (or whatever program you want to allow through).

Step 4: Tick on Private and/or Public access.

Step 5: ???

Step 6: Profit!

In case you can't find it, just tell me and I might be able to help you.
(09-24-2016, 04:45 PM)Emil2205 Wrote:
(09-24-2016, 04:33 PM)Mr.Ranger Wrote: Sometimes if you have an anti-virus software like Mcafee it blocks steam.

There's a reason it is there, to protect you against viruses and shit, turning it off makes you vulnerable even if you're very careful with what you do on the internet.
Apologies for sounding like an adult or whatever. I'll edit this post with a guide on how to enable steam if it's blocked

Don't worry I have AVG and mcafee because I put AVG on it and mcaffe cam ready installed so I still have a fire wall up!
(09-24-2016, 04:49 PM)[FL:RP] Edna Wrote:

Apologies for sounding like an adult or whatever. I'll edit this post with a guide on how to enable steam if it's blocked

Don't worry I have AVG and mcafee because I put AVG on it and mcaffe cam ready installed so I still have a fire wall up!

Uninstall mcafee
The following 1 user Likes Ranger's post:
  • Emil
(09-24-2016, 04:49 PM)[FL:RP] Edna Wrote:
(09-24-2016, 04:33 PM)Mr.Ranger Wrote: Snip
Snip

Still, it's a good idea not to open the firewall in any circumstance.
This happens to me all the time when I am gone for a long period of time. It just fixes itself after a while.
Regards,
Panda
NOT AN Administrator