Mastermind - President's Guide
Mastermind

In the world of Fearless RP, the President can be the deciding point, and ending point of many great/bad ideas.
Here... Almost all of your decisions will come at a price, and unfortunatley... Tags and Bags are something which is the common outcome of these decisions...
[Image: starbucks-dogtag.png]
I will describe methods of taking control of situations, and uniting the server under one flag and allowing RP to rain supreme over the hordes of Contra-Farmers and Minges. The methods in this guide can be seen as Mental Warfare... In some aspects they are.

When starting your Leadership you must always address the problem children... Yes I'm talking about Corelones and Rebels. Getting rid of these is near impossible, but the easiest way to get rid of anything is through fear. Before starting any conflict or great conquest.. You must look at the situation. Where can you strike and capitalize fear? Even if you can strike and cause fear you must have the ability cement that fear where it is and keep it in the minds of those who were there to witness it, and to those who will hear of it.

My method of 'fear' is something much more mind-screwing. Whenever I do the 'King Of Czechnya' I do it for one simple reason... Forest Gump. Even though these Labor Camps are RP... It's a serious game of Metagaming. Don't believe me?

Look at it from this perspective:
You forcefully segregate players for actions they did in RP, and put them in Labor Camps. These camps will only release you for three things...

You catch the 'productive quota' of fish and are released.

You are stowed away until a conflict arises. Then you may become a Slave Builder or Liberty Rat[someone who does wartime for freedom].

Someone catches a 'bail quota' of fish for your release.

The 2nd one is the most prominent case. You are stowed for a conflict and are given the chance to redeem yourself through military victory for the Empire/State.

Sucks? Yup. It's effective though.. Imagine driving someone insane and their willing to do anything too get out. Now... Give the Butchers the cleavers and let them take care of military issues. They die? They just wasted twenty minutes too an hour in a camp for nothing. Best case scenario? They win a military battle for you and now you have loyal warriors.

Either way though.. This is the metagame of camps.. You isolate someone for so long in a game and it makes them willing to do anything for freedom. Then when you reconcile you see why this is a staple of fear... Not only is the Labor Camp effective, but those who were forced in it are now loyal too the Empire for reasons which range from, "Not getting stuck in Gump again" too "FOR THE KING" this leaves little resistance on the server because the constant fear of getting curb stomped by 75% of the server becomes reality.

So what about the Corelones/Rebels?
Well... We have a few ways to deal with them. My way goes back to my concept of mental warfare... The Proxy War. If you don't know what a Proxy War is; think of Soviet Union in Vietnam. You give the blade too someone already looking for blood and let them drain resources. During this you use the Labor Camps to capture 'mingey' players and begin to rehabilitate them back into trusting the Empire, and instead of fighting against it... They fight for it. Once the R's and C's cause massive resource loss on the server you can take the situation and bore it in your favor... Take your fully resourceful police force, and brush off the remaining resistance. This will get you serious kudos within the server as being able to unite the server.
Reality? You just brushed off foes which are weakened from constant war with each other.

With the Rebels/Corelones out of the picture... You've pretty much united the server and Phase 2 enters into play. Eliminating resistance before it even has a chance to corrupt the minds of the server.
How do we do this? Legalize Goverment Auth'd Bounties. Think of Old West Movies with the 'Dead or Alive' posters. Is someone causing issues or attempting to start resistance? Put a bounty of $300-$800 for their capture and hostage taking. Once the user is captured take them to Forest Gump and Rehab...

Thats it. That's really all you need to know. It's mental warfare, and bounty hunting.
[Image: EglEnZU.gif]
Fear of Authority is not always the best way to unit a nation, but it's damn well one of the most effective ones.

Whoever controls the people of Evocity, controls the land.
However, controlling the people is easier said than done, mostly due to fail RP minges and kids, who will go about their way to ignore the government and cry in OOC afterwards for "random arrests".

The only problem is to get enough government personnel to control the populace in the early stage. Tyranny will no doubt spawn "heroic raiders" who are hell-bent in getting you dead, even if it means sacrificing themselves.
Very true. In the first hour of my first Empire, I probably had... 4 raiders? Yeah it was four... Four raiders attacking the Main Nexus even though I reported several times that I was at Lake.