PC Build: #ordered
(09-12-2016, 10:20 PM)Feffe Wrote: As recommended by a previous poster, I would advise you to buy a small SSD for your OS and HDD for games and such.

I use my 120gb SSD for my OS and a few programs, and my 3tb HDD for games, movies, shows, music, etc etc.

SSD;  https://www.komplett.no/product/791617#

HDD; https://www.komplett.no/product/791859/d...35-nas-hdd#

Quote:Denne varen finnes ikke lenger i vårt sortiment,

:(

But anyway, I'm not really wanting an SSD. I'm already over my budget and I've always preferred more space over the drives going fast, I don't know the full features of an SSD over HDD but I prefer HDD's.
Ssds are way faster at everything since they don't use a mechanical reader that moves around to read from different sectors of the disk so an ssd's seek time is way faster than an hdds. Also ssds have faster write and read speeds.

The difference is like between day and night, you'll notice this by a way faster boot up, applications starting up at an instant, even while startup and background programs are starting up.

For example I have a laptop and a desktop pc. The laptop has an ssd and the desktop has multiple hdds. The desktop pc has a cpu with better performance than the laptop's, yet he laptop boots up and does everything except gaming better due to the laptop's worse graphics card.

You don't have to pay 150 euros for a 120GB ssd anymore. 120GB ssds seem to range from 50-100 euros in Finland at the moment. They used to cost around 150 euros a few years ago. The cheap ones aren't bad choises at all, the difference is still huge with them.

Since hdds are still better with price/performance ratio it is advisable to buy an ssd with a hdd and install your OS and all desktop apps (browsers for example) on to the ssd and games on to the hdd. Of course if you can fit a couple games on to your ssd and you're not a fan of loading times, sure go for it.
Alright, I've updated the OP one last time if everything looks good.
Final chance to leave your input, if there's anything I've forgotten please do tell me before I order it so it wont end up as a useless computer with that one thing missing.
I'm not gonna buy an SSD as I'd rather have more space than speed.
I've called my uncle again and we're most likely going to build it next weekend as the gtx 1060 and fan comes 23rd and 22nd.
Thanks for everyone's help who helped me with this, but most thanks to MaterNoda as without him the PC would've melted because of the 2 first cases not having airflow.
The following 1 user Likes sebasti161's post:
  • MasterNoda
updated to add an i7 and liquid cooling
Looks fine Sebasti
i just ordered all the components and i can pick it up tommorow :D cant wait
The following 1 user Likes sebasti161's post:
  • Random
watercooling please
(09-19-2016, 05:48 PM)Ceddybu Wrote: watercooling please

OP Wrote:CPULQ     ; Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Liquid Cooler - 699kr - https://www.komplett.no/product/769187

OP Wrote:

Spoiler: stuff
CPULQ = CPU Liquid Cooler

Oh yeh ok, You told me before that you werent gonna buy one. How about getting an SSD too? You will benefit alot in that, Especially when starting up. It wil just generally feel faster
Noish
Regards,
Panda
NOT AN Administrator