Improvements to Guns
(09-10-2016, 05:00 PM)Midget Wrote:
(09-10-2016, 04:55 PM)Greed^ Wrote: Obviously galil is better than certain other guns, but it's also more expensive, what a pathetic excuse to call it unbalanced

Right, disregard my arguments. Hopefully others are more willing to consider a change.

1 vs the rest. His opinion wont impact much i believe Tounge
The following 1 user Likes Arkten's post:
  • mintblackbeard
(09-10-2016, 06:39 PM)MrTrashTag Wrote:
(09-10-2016, 04:55 PM)Greed^ Wrote: Obviously galil is better than certain other guns, but it's also more expensive, what a pathetic excuse to call it unbalanced

Right, disregard my arguments. Hopefully others are more willing to consider a change.

1  vs the rest. His opinion wont impact much i believe Tounge

If you are comparing guns such as the m4/ak to the galil. If the guns did a similar amount of damage, I honestly think it would be worse. If you look at a financial standpoint. The galil market price is worth 7k for one while the ak/m4 is worth 3.5. So on a pure money standpoint, I feel the galil should be twice as strong right?

However I only use the AK whenever I am in any sort of gunfights on FL and trust me it doesnt change much if I was using a galil. I truthfully dont see much of a difference between the two from my experience using them.
(09-10-2016, 09:02 PM)Fultz Wrote:
(09-10-2016, 06:39 PM)MrTrashTag Wrote:

1  vs the rest. His opinion wont impact much i believe Tounge

If you are comparing guns such as the m4/ak to the galil. If the guns did a similar amount of damage, I honestly think it would be worse. If you look at a financial standpoint. The galil market price is worth 7k for one while the ak/m4 is worth 3.5. So on a pure money standpoint, I feel the galil should be twice as strong right?

However I only use the AK whenever I am in any sort of gunfights on FL and trust me it doesnt change much if I was using a galil. I truthfully dont see much of a difference between the two from my experience using them.

Agreed with the areas in bold the difference is hardly noticeable, I personally only really use an Ak not much else is needed.
[Image: giphy.gif]
1. Is there anything wrong with the current gun system and if yes, what?

Yes. Pistols are generally absolutely useless. Police officers have less than a 1% chance of winning a gunfight against anyone that is armed with an automatic weapon, especially if they're wearing Kevlar.
The USP is only useful as a "Supressing fire" weapon to help the SRU or if you heavily outnumber the enemy.
The choice of weaponry for Government forces is limited, having a USP is only useful if there are many officers shooting at the one target and it's not easy to have a better weapon than an M3 shotgun, an MP5 or an M4.

2. What would you improve with the existing gun system?

Pistols need to do more damage, at least double. A shot to the leg with a pistol or a rifle will take you down either way in real life. No one uses Pistols except for RP reasons because they're literally useless against anyone that has an automatic weapon, which are really easy to find in game.
Take away the USP from the Police Force and give them the P228, which looks and sounds more realistic, as well as not being able to use a silencer on it.
Give shotgun/rifle ammo as standard to Officers so they can equip weapons when needed. Also give them the ability to resupply the ammo in Police vehicles. 
Create weapons that only Police Officers can use, cheaper than "Normal" weapons that anyone can use but only government officials can use them.

3. Do you think the current gun system does enough, too little or too much damage?

Too little. It takes several clips to kill a person, especially if it's a pistol, even to the head.

4. What do you think of the prices of guns? Are they too expensive or too cheap?

I'd be happy to vote for more expensive automatic weapons.
Live a good life. If there's a god and he's just, he will not care of how devout you are, he will accept you for the virtues you have based your life upon. If there's no god, then you will have gone, but you will have lived a noble life which will stay in the memories of those that you love.
Why not balance the price of a weapon, based on its effiency, damage, recoil, etc.?
Balancing the damage based on the price gives a gun less possibilities to play with a realistic damage environment.
1: Is there anything wrong with the current gun system and if yes, what?

Regarding the Police/SRU, their weapons and the amount of damage it can inflict on a player is little to useless. It's possible for someone to survive an entire magazine from a USP which is highly unrealistic and i've seen one person with a Galil kill the entire SRU Team easily. The damage that government weapons can cause needs to be higher.

2: What would you improve with the exitsting gun system?

The pistols, especially the Glock and the Five Seven need to be more powerful. The amount of damage that Government weapons can do would be increased also.

3: Do you think the current gun system does enough, too little or too much damage?

Too little.

4: What do you think of the prices of the guns? Are they too little or too cheap?

The prices are about right for each.
is this still active?
(10-27-2016, 06:24 PM)sebasti161 Wrote: is this still active?

Of course, this is FL.
Larger updates like this always stays on in a couple of years.
The following 2 users Like Balls's post:
  • Arkten, sebasti161
Answer: Yes, the guns behave unrealistic. So are the prices and that i have to put two mags into my enemy is a joke.

Answer: Higher damage, Blance out the Price to make them somewhat even.

3. Do you think the current gun system does enough, too little or too much damage?
Answer: Perfect 

4. What do you think of the prices of guns? Are they too expensive or too cheap?
Answer: Kind of both. I believe the distance between the prices are too high. They should find themselves in somewhere around 5K to 50K

5. Do you think a shot to the head should do lethal damage with any weapon (realistic mode) or should each weapon's damage be balanced based on their cost and difficulty of use?
Answer: it should stay the same as it is atm

6. Any additional comments, requests?
Answer: Make Sru immune to the tranq
Answer: There's little to now gun diversity, everyone is using XM1014, Galil, M4, AK or as cop a M3.

Answer: Buff the guns which are not being used or swap them out for new ones. (for example the UMP, Some of the pistols, Famas, Auto-sniper, and maybe lower the price of an AWP.
Also it might be a good idea to remove the tranq sniper since it's not realistic in my opinion. And it gives the defenders a huge (and maybe unfair) advantage when defending against government units.

Answer: Depends, Some weapons deal retarded amounts of headshot damage but not enough body damage.

Answer: I think the pricing is okay.

5. Do you think a shot to the head should do lethal damage with any weapon (realistic mode) or should each weapon's damage be balanced based on their cost and difficulty of use?
Answer: I don't think headshots should be instakill, Some weapons might have to be balanced a bit more.

6. Any additional comments, requests?
Answer: Not really apart from the things listed above.