Legit reason to shoot car as cop.
Ok i want to know when you can shoot cars as cop.
Because i dont know when you can LEGIT shoot a car.

Sometimes i see people doing this:

Rebel not leaving city when banned, SS give him 5 seconds to leave or he will be killed in the car.

When you steal a car you instantly get shot by an officer, No warning given.

If your speeding in a city you get shot.

So i want to know what is a legit reason to shoot a car, That you don't get blacklisted/banned for.
You can give warning shots.

Hard to say when you can shoot. Also think you are a cop irl, what would they do? This game can't represent the real life.

But you need to defend yourself so when you or the people are in danger you are allowed to shoot.
(11-24-2011, 01:04 PM)Visual Wrote: You can give warning shots.

Hard to say when you can shoot. Also think you are a cop irl, what would they do? This game can't represent the real life.

But you need to defend yourself so when you or the people are in danger you are allowed to shoot.

So example, A taxi driver run over 2 people.
He could hit more people and he refused to get out?

Can i shoot ?
(11-24-2011, 01:12 PM)eric123 Wrote:

Can i shoot ?

You try to stop him, slow him down with your car, barricade etc.
Yell at him to stop. Request backup chase him. Last resort: Use of your gun.

Many ways to stop him. Not: He ran over 2 guys and is talking to you, the he drives of and you start to shoot. Bad idea!
(11-24-2011, 01:21 PM)Visual Wrote:
(11-24-2011, 01:12 PM)eric123 Wrote:

Can i shoot ?

You try to stop him, slow him down with your car, barricade etc.
Yell at him to stop. Request backup chase him. Last resort: Use of your gun.

Many ways to stop him. Not: He ran over 2 guys and is talking to you, the he drives of and you start to shoot. Bad idea!

Ok, Thank you.

but one thing i wonder too : O

if ur speeding and hes aiming a gun at u and ur already like 30-40 MPH then u cant just use the handbrake right? u can just drive?
[Image: 28guk44.png]

Thanks to Duck for the epic sig..
also thanks for the "a great friend since 2009" really appreciate it!

How about some Reputation?
The biggest problem that I can think here is the fact shooting at the car: A) Is Fatal. B) Doesn't affect the speed/manouverability whatsoever. It would be nice to be able to utilize the "go for the tires" tactic, but that's pretty much impossible to program from what I know.

It'd also be nice if the people speeding at 100 mph and crashed into a solid wall actually broke the car somewhat, instead of just instantly reversing back to the road and driving 120 mph back. But I digress.

Anyway, on topic the only really legit reasons I can come up with is when an evidently hostile party purposedly rams a roadblock in an attempt to get through. That is, if the government stance is more leaned to a authoritarian state. I've been a part of such RP and nobody could really complain, since they knew the consequences beforehand.
If some one is speeding you have to chase after them, if they refuse to stop for about 3 mins, get other police officers to help you set up a blockaid of police cars if he goes through that blockaid then you can shoot.

If their stealing a car tell them to get out. If they start to drive away give a warning shot. If they still don't stop then shoot.
I usually fire 1 (not 2, not 3) warning shot at the vehicle after numerous attempts to stop, barricade and ram the car off the road.
A good trick is to tag team with another cop in separate patrol cars, and ram the suspect into a corner and once his car is stuck, both of you get out of your car, and pull the gun on him. If all goes as planned, he will give up and you get him into custody, but back to the point.

Don't shoot the second you see someone hop into a car that isn't theirs, ever.
However if the vehicle is clearly making attempts to run you over and/or get you killed, I feel at that moment it is acceptable to shoot.
Shooting is a last resort and should only be used when your life is at stake or during a raid.

Instantly shooting at a car because it is stolen is infact FailRP and a valid reason to ban.