PS3 - YLOD
My first gen ps3 and 360 still works perfectly. Though i Can imagine your grave suffering, may you recive a new ps3 swiftly
(11-23-2011, 04:46 PM)Zzzzap Wrote: But then he will have RROD instead..

Oh I know, get a gamer pc instead and save yourself trouble and bullshit from consoles!

I've had my Xbox 360 for at least a year now and I usually play it around 10 hours a day (Skyrim -.-) and I haven't had any problems with it, No RROD no nothing.

But I'm still getting rid of it to buy myself a new motherboard Tounge
The simplest this would just send it to sony for 150$ and they will send it back in 3 weeks or so.
Ps3's if you break it within the warranty you get a free one (3 months usually) otherwise find some tutorials on youtube or somthing that are dedicated to repairing consoles,
I personaly have had NO problem with my PS3 (thats not my fault im on my 3rd PS3 and thats abit bonkers atm) and my Xbox has had its moments. i just dont want to pay £40 a year for xbox live, and paying for new Games that get scratched by the annoying disk tray :S.
[Image: headster-fade-1.gif]
Server Hours: 450
RP Points: 9

Forget all the crappy DIY tutorials for fixing consoles online. YLOD/RROD etc are basically the consoles way of saying something's wrong, and note - this could be anything, starting from a simple cable being loose and ending with motherboard melting.
I noticed that. After trying a few tutorials I simply gave up and bought a new one. Bwah.